Author Topic: 71 Convertible Transformation (updated)  (Read 3478 times)

Offline cudabuyer

Re: 71 convertible transformation
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006 - 05:40:36 AM »
i just love this site,  :wow: :picture: :working:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006 - 06:22:38 AM »
Oh man you guys are doing it to me again!  I feel the need for another Ragtop Challenger Fix :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:   I guess I better hurry up and finish my hardtop and find another convertible looking for a good home... :ebay: :ebay: :ebay: :ebay: :ebay:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline wiging19

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008 - 02:55:45 PM »
I sympathize with you on how long it has taken.  Plus the difficulty of finding parts for a convertible.  I haven't driven my car in three years because originally I thought I had to rebuild the transmission.  It turned out that my whole drive line had to be replaced because I put a crate engine in before everyone knew you had to rebuild them before putting it in the car.  So I went with a hemi engine built by a very reputable builder in my area, had to change the rear to a dana 60 (was 8.75 3.23 ), the transmission can't be built until the engine is in the final stage of build and I wanted my K-member to be built up similar to the original that came from the factory.  Of course staging these items and paying for them takes time.  Plus over the last year when I started to move on this project there have been some incredible new hemi products come on the market that really enhance the engines performance and durability.  So we've been waiting for some parts to move from R/D to production. That said I'm hoping by May to be hitting the road and car shows.  The same thing happend back in 1999 when I originally rebuilt the whole car.  I didn't drive it for three years as I accumulated the parts for the rebuild and cash for the parts I had to have others do.  when I finally got into the car and drove it something inside me clicked letting me know this is why all that hard work,time and money spent was worth it.  The satisfaction of driving the car has no words that adequately describes driving a car you find to be one of the ultimate rides of that period.  In the end the car isn't orignal but it is very close to how I would order it if I had back in the day.    The first sunny day you drive in the car and crank the tunes you'll know what I'm talking about.  Slow and steady will get you to your goal.