Reproduction Parts Post Idea

Author Topic: Reproduction Parts Post Idea  (Read 4676 times)

Offline fishn4cuda

• Cuda Fan!
  • Ft. Jennings, OH
Re: Reproduction Parts Post Idea
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006 - 10:53:35 AM »
There are several of us members, who have a Resto business, that can give good asessments and or experiences with all the products we have dealt with.
Cant kill the mean and ugly. Only the good die young...I plan to be here a while!!

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006 - 11:07:07 AM »
I totally agree with you about your “best quality, best price & best service” theory, but wouldn’t be nice to have all three or maybe its just wishful thinking on the consumer’s part? Any reputable company should be striving to achieve all three. It may be imposable, but wouldn’t be nice to know whose trying.

I’m not so sure about keeping the price out of it, knowledge is power. How hard would it be for someone to post: what they bought, where they bought it, rate the part and service from a scale of 1 to10, and the price they paid for it. Also, a place to add any comments such as: The quality of the part is excellent, but I had to trim a little off to make it fit. With all this information, the consumer would be able to make a well thought-out and knowledgeable decision of where they’re going to buy their next part.

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006 - 11:28:15 AM »
That would be great fishin4cuda.  :2thumbs:
Could you imagine the wealth of knowledge that could be gained if members like you posted their experience dealing with all these parts.   

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006 - 11:51:09 AM »
I do a lot of Access programming, but have little web knowledge or experience. If you guys know how to implement an Access 97 data base on the website, I can write a dynomite application to keep track of everything. It would be much better than just searching through posts. Would be glad to donate my time if it could be used.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006 - 11:52:56 AM »
There are several of us members, who have a Resto business, that can give good asessments and or experiences with all the products we have dealt with.

You guys are on the front lines, so your input would be invaluable.

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006 - 12:10:34 PM »
I do a lot of Access programming, but have little web knowledge or experience. If you guys know how to implement an Access 97 data base on the website, I can write a dynomite application to keep track of everything. It would be much better than just searching through posts. Would be glad to donate my time if it could be used.

I have no idea how to do that.  Ross will have a much better idea.
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006 - 01:01:00 PM »
Hey Ross, we need your help.  :1zhelp:  :worshippy  :worshippy   :worshippy   :worshippy

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006 - 01:53:27 PM »
Any reputable company should be striving to achieve all three. It may be imposable, but wouldn’t be nice to know whose trying.

We ALWAYS try, however price is our last priority, quality and service are always foremost in our offerings. If we can also be the lowest price (on some products this is the case) then that would be an added bonus, but we don't promote or gaurantee it simply because it's not always possible.

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006 - 02:02:42 PM »
Thanks Harms, that’s an honest answer and makes sense. :2thumbs:

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006 - 02:11:05 PM »
Product feedback section.....
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006 - 06:26:30 PM »
Thought this would be a good place to post this info. I just received a set of cuda 440 6 Pack hood emblems from mancini racing. They are the mopar authentic restoration emblems and I have to say that the quality is far superior to the cheap ones yearone sells. They have the correct part number on the back and are constructed of a higher quality metal.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2006 - 07:35:13 AM »
See, it's working already.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006 - 09:45:20 PM »
 :iagree:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline ChallengerDays

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007 - 02:29:56 PM »
I just received two reproduction 1970 chrome mirrors from PG Classics. They look good and are dead-on to the originals. I even took the diver’s side mirror apart to look for any imperfection in the adjustment linkage and found none. I was surprising pleased with the quality. The one thing I did notice inside the mirror was it had a Mopar logo along with a part number in the back. :dunno:  I guess they never thought any of us Mopar fanatics would take apart the mirror and never bothered to grind down the evidence before they made the mold. The chrome is nice with no imperfections that I can see. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the gaskets they gave me with the mirror. The gasket is made of a poor quality rubber. When you hold it in your hands and bend down the sides, you can see small spider web cracks. To me, this is small considering how nice the mirrors look.

If you recently purchased any reproduction parts, I would love to hear about their quality and fit.   :2thumbs:

Thanks again!
      Bill
   :cheers:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007 - 03:20:26 PM »
I just received two reproduction 1970 chrome mirrors from PG Classics. They look good and are dead-on to the originals. I even took the diver’s side mirror apart to look for any imperfection in the adjustment linkage and found none. I was surprising pleased with the quality. The one thing I did notice inside the mirror was it had a Mopar logo along with a part number in the back. :dunno:  I guess they never thought any of us Mopar fanatics would take apart the mirror and never bothered to grind down the evidence before they made the mold. The chrome is nice with no imperfections that I can see. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the gaskets they gave me with the mirror. The gasket is made of a poor quality rubber. When you hold it in your hands and bend down the sides, you can see small spider web cracks. To me, this is small considering how nice the mirrors look.

If you recently purchased any reproduction parts, I would love to hear about their quality and fit.   :2thumbs:

Thanks again!
      Bill
   :cheers:

Bill,

Thanks for the update.  :thumbsup: The thing I worry about is the quality. We won't know for a few years, but will the chrome hold up, or will it haze, or pit? I hope they did it right, because there is definitely a market there.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.