Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226489 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006 - 11:47:54 PM »
Wow, awesome job putting that back together!!! :clapping: :faint: :cheers: :2thumbs:  That 'Cuda is going to look very sweet when it's finished!!! :grinyes: :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006 - 07:53:20 AM »
That is some excellent work your doing there. :2thumbs:

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007 - 08:31:33 AM »
 :eek2:    Now thats what I'm talkn' 'bout!!!!!!!!!!!       :worshippy
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Travis72

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007 - 09:29:12 PM »
Awesome work!!!!!!    :ylsuper:

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007 - 09:49:04 PM »
 :droolingbounce:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2007 - 02:55:28 AM »
Love it  :2thumbs:
I did similar with my 70 Cuda but I went to a full tube chassis

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007 - 07:01:43 AM »
Sweet  :thumbsup:   :burnout: :burnout:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:48:16 PM »
I thought I would give an update. I've redone the Package tray and filler panel The two braces that tie the package tray to the floor pan got dumped and I made a complete reinforcement for the back of the car out of 1" tube. That should make the rear stiffer.
I also have been fabricating the front torque boxes. I can't use factory boxes do to the channeling and there not that cool. So I built custom ones that go from the inner fender all the way back to the trans cross member. The bonus is they make the bottom of the car smooth. I know nobody looks under the car but I do.
 The bad news ( I kinda new this but had been ignoring it) my radiator support is twisted. This should be the name of this car TWISTED FISH!
I did a lot of work straitening the frame and the inner fenders but the support still had a funny bow. When you put the radiator in you can see the twist. No good, but not so easy to fix I should have spent the time while it was all apart. Well as it happens the Inner fenders have been bugging me any way. They have to many bumps and contours that aren't needed. Long story shorter. I cut the front part of the inner fenders, the radiator support and the lower brace out and fabbed new smooth ones from scratch.  I used the XV Motor sports lower rad support. The only piece I reused was the upper brace. It all went to gather nice and square. How I should have done it the first time!
The big news is I committed ( or maybe should be committed!) to purchasing all the suspension components for the car. I have been talking to Bill Reilly of RMS about all my options. Bill has been very helpful in answering all my questions. Every one here seems to speak highly of him and I can see why. He is also a distributor for Air-Ride, Wilwood, Hydroboost, Flaming River and more. One stop shopping! So heres what I'm getting. AlterKation Front end, Air-Rides triangulated four bar rear, Wilwood Dynalight front and rear brakes, Hydroboost booster with Wilwood master, bagged all four corners with a Level-Pro to control it.  Cha-Ching!

It was time to get the suspension moving I can't build the rear torque boxes until I have the rear four link.
Now I sits and I waits untill I get my TOYS!
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:50:45 PM »
WOW you've made some great progress!!  Very cool!  Keep us updated!   :thumbsup:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007 - 09:56:06 PM »
OH hay do you like the parts washer in the backgound of the last pic?  :grinyes: Gotta be a 'Cuda!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007 - 10:31:34 PM »
The progress is looking great!!! :cheers: :2thumbs:  That'll be one very clean and sweet 'Cuda when it's all finished!!! :grinyes: :ylsuper:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline DG.

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007 - 10:06:36 AM »
Really nice project to watch! I hope to see some more update soon  :biggrin:

Goodluck, DG.

Offline aussie-e-body

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007 - 09:03:39 AM »
wow thats awesome,great to see something different.even if your a metalworker its still a brave thing to do.allways wanted to move the front wheels forward and wedge the sills to get the 70s funny car look myself
i want it all-i want it yesterday-and i want it for nothing

Offline 70B@rracuda

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007 - 04:40:50 PM »
Since your cuda is slammed, I should warn you about the Kiesler unit. I'm sure you have thought about a 5 or 6 speed. The problem lays in the Lakewood bell housing. It hangs really low. On Matt Delaney's red cuda w/ black billboards it was the lowest part of the car. He had the car up at Reilly's. He has Air Ride and Alter-K and has a killer stance even without being channeled, but has to be ever so mindfull of clearance. I would think a tranny shield would be better for getting max clearance but probably wouldn't do as good a jod at preventing the loss of limbs. It's a toss up if you are going that route. Food for thought if you haven't gotten to the tranny yet. Ask Bill about it if you go for that setup.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007 - 10:16:28 PM »
Well a lot has happened since the last post. All the suspension parts came in. The AlterKation looks and fits like you would expect. I had no worries there. The surprise was how nice the AirRide parts look very nice quality and fit and finish. :thumbsup: I'll post some pics as it goes together.
The big news is I found a SRT-8 HEMI on E-bay  :ebay: A 6.1L with only 9000 miles on it. From Cleavland pick-a-part. complete package from a 06' Charger.  :jumping: I was trying to tell myself that a 5.7 would be fine. but I kept looking. Well I got stupid I had to have it. More power more torque and man does it look good. I have nothing but good things to say about Cleavland pick-a-part. they were very nice and it arrived in a BIG crate without damage. I was walking around like smiling Bob from the Enzyte commercial!  :bigsmile:
My budget is shot. Some people have a gambling problem I have a Mopar addiction. Now I have a lot to do. Check out my blog for some of the details if you want. http://360.yahoo.com/brinkenterprise heres some more pics.