Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226471 times)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2008 - 01:14:00 PM »
What size tires/wheels you runnin'?
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Swedefish

« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2008 - 01:31:20 PM »
 :2thumbs: :drool: :drool:
:drool: Can't wait to see it in paint!  :popcorn:
:iagree:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2008 - 12:45:52 PM »
You can't wait to see it in color? It seems like forever.  :grinyes:
Yeah the last several pages got deleted when C-C crashed so all that info got lost.  >:(
The Wheels are Boze Pro-Tourings 18"x 9.5 in the front. With a 275/35/18
The rears are 19"x12" with a 345/30/19
Viper tires.
Or did you mean the red ones? 205/60/15s baby ( and the brakes dont fit )  :naughty:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008 - 12:51:13 PM by conv340 »
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2008 - 04:26:06 PM »
I love those wheels.

Offline Travis72

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2008 - 08:48:40 PM »
Awesome.  Love the pictures.  Any secrets to making the 275's fit up front?

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline hezzel

• Matching numbers 383 Magnum ,727 at and 3:23 rear
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2008 - 04:01:47 AM »
I love your work so far , keep the pics coming :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2008 - 01:22:10 AM »
Any secrets to making the 275's fit up front?
Yeah Drive strait :lol2: Not far from the truth!  I modified the inner fenders and the upper braces ( they hit when very low) the Alterkation geometry is different then stock, the wheel moves in more of an arch so that helps a little, and remove the fender lip. But it will still rub on the outer fender in sharp turn at a low stance. I figure with air suspension If I need to make a U-turn I'll raise it.  :dunno: I tried a set of '04 Cobra wheels up front and it looked so cool I had to make it work. I also want to make a steering stop that changes with ride hight like a cam. So you can't forget and hit the fender while slammed.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008 - 01:26:07 AM by conv340 »

Offline Travis72

« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2008 - 02:29:00 AM »
The amount of work that you've done is just amazing!!   :drool:

How much backspacing are you running on the front wheels?  I'd love to fit some 275's on mine.  I'm willing to cut the lower front part of the fender if I have to (I seem to remember that being one of the spots that hits).

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2008 - 02:34:38 PM »
Ditto that here - I have my tires already but am unsure what backspacing I can run up front with my stock front suspension.
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2008 - 12:49:09 PM »
looks like alot of work been done, what kind of ride are you expecting out of the air struts? I'm debating if I should go air or coil-overs, I want to be able to slam my car on the ground when parked,but can't stand that crappy bouncy all over the place body roll from air suspension, since I've had a few cars and trucks with air struts and bags,maybe the air struts they make nowadays are actually worth it?

Stefan
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2008 - 11:49:08 PM »
Well for mine the back spacing is 6.0" on a 9.5" Just remember that my car is NOT stock and I'd hate for you to use those numbers a have a problem. I bought a very cool tool thats kinda expensive but when your wheels fit perfect it's worth it. Percy's back space tool. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PHP%2D01201&N=700+115&autoview=sku Its 89 bucks at Summit I actually got mine from Speedway. It works great and takes the guess work out. The bummer is when you see it you think A. I could make one of these. B. It should cost $19.95! All well If you plan on building more then one custom car in your life it's worth it. The rears are a 8" backspace on a 12" rim with a stock width rear end and a lot of wheel well massaging.
I'm debating if I should go air or coil-overs
Exvelocity I saw the heat you got on your other post this is for you! Maybe I'll post it over there also and stir up the pot!  :stirpot:
On the Air Ride I rode in a mustang with the new shockwavs and thought the ride was nicer then expected it's smooth more like a new car but not by any means soft. It was a short ride so I cant say about every road surface but I was impressed enough to go with it. Not at all bouncy like an older bagged hot rod with external shocks. Read this it helped me http://ridetech.com/streetchallenge/streetchallenge2006.asp
I've heard all the arguments about stock vs modified coil vs bags. I like torsion bars I have a stock Challenger 383 4speed. I have a heavily upgraded factory system in my Challenger Convertible.  My first and foremost goal was to make Twisted Fish ride and drive like a new car. Smooth riding and great handling. crisp steering and no bump steer. Theres a number of things a new car uses to achieve this. A stiffer body softer springs. and better geometry. Add to that rack and pinion steering. and multi link read suspension. You can't duplicate that with out a lot of modifications.
In answer to you question I hope I have a smoother ride then stock that will out corner it and hook up better. :biggrin: The icing on the cake is being able to adjust the ride hight on the fly! I got to be LOW  8)  :drool: The rest I'll let you know when I finaly get to drive it.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2008 - 12:24:31 AM »
I'm with you on that. I have no qualms about "hacking" on a vehicle which I own the title too. I'm not building it with selling on my mind.

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2008 - 01:03:29 AM »
conv, thanks,buddie, you sure helped me to make a decision,I'm sold on the air ride,and that wheel/tire tool, I've been needing one for a while,building custom widebody cars ,that takes all the guess work out. :2thumbs:

Stefan
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2008 - 07:59:15 PM »
conv340,
Maybe this was in the lost pictures.....but what are you doing for the Air Ride ride height sensors? Which type are you installing and do you have pictures of the mounts?

Offline Pottstown Cuda

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2008 - 11:14:47 PM »
Conv340
I own my own machine shop so I can see how much time you are putting in to this car. I have to say that you are making one original and amazing car. I like some of the fine touches and detail that I have seen so far. I usually stick with stock and restored cars lately. But you are starting to give me an itch to build something custom like when I was younger in my 20's. I can not wait to see the final car.