Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226464 times)

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2008 - 10:00:18 PM »
Great work but I am not sure about that grill metal ????    :faint:   It looks cheapish (no offence).

A thought: I would try to keep the rest of the front end or grille easily identifiable as a Cuda.  You don't want someone to call it a Camaro from looking at the front.  I had that problem in the past with a 70 cuda without a grille.  People thought it was a Camaro. 

Your car is really great.  It has been great to watch you put it together.  I have even been following on your blog.   :2thumbs:
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2008 - 11:33:43 PM »
This is one of the nicest builds I have seen.  I really like the bumper delete also.  That being said, I think leaving a relatively stock looking grill would help the car retain some of its identity, and add some subtlety to the bumperless nose of the car.  Maybe the mesh insert to replace the horizontal bars would look nice, but please consider adding the red grill stripe and maybe the Plymouth emblem so I don't have to read about the "Dodge 'Cuda" when the car hits the magazines and hear "cool Camaro" comments from some of the mini van pilots I work with. :2cents:
** Shane **

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2008 - 06:31:32 AM »
Great work but I am not sure about that grill metal ????    :faint:   It looks cheapish (no offence).
 What about thin billet rails ? :sly:   

:iagree: with DB, I have made phantom grilles for mini trucks and others out of 3mm stainless flat bar with a 3mm gap inbetween bars and then polished the edge.  A similar technic would make it look that much more classy, mesh is for ricers.......... sorry.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2008 - 07:40:38 AM »
I'm liking it - REALLY like that rear end withthe tucked in bumper. Nice uniform lines and attention to detail there. Did you consider losing the bumperettes and smoothing the lower valance? I would like to do that on mine.  :chatting: 
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2008 - 09:44:11 PM »
Did you consider losing the bumperettes and smoothing the lower valance? I would like to do that on mine.   
Actualy I did and almost went with the same thing its been done on a couple of cars now and I like it. A couple of things, for me, sometimes it just looks to "flat?" without the bumpes in the valance for the bumperettes. Also I have been trying to keep as many  'Cuda icons as possible and be as original as possible. That being said I think I just  answered the grill question too.  :dogpile: I will be keeping the grill more original no "chicken wire" I'm fairly sure I'll  paint at least the outer part of the grille the darker of the body colors and maybe the center in black or body color also? The whole reason the mesh came up is I wanted a way to hide the radiator and such in the lower opening. A set of bars like the grille might work or some kind of black screen.  :dunno: Thanks for the honest opinions!
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2008 - 10:12:28 PM »
Wonder how the grill would look if it were just a bunch of vertical bars with no horizontal elements at all?

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2008 - 05:18:53 PM »
Bob,

I hadn't heard if you had figured out the injection controller for the 6.1 yet, saw this thread and thought you would be interested....

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4112886&an=0&page=0#Post4112886

looks like they have the standalone figured out maybe it would work out for you.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2008 - 02:36:22 PM »
I liked the chicken wire!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2008 - 09:37:02 PM »
" Repost " I hate it when you lose a month!  :eek7:
Thanks for the bump. I forget how fast time flies! I'm in the Birthday season. Seems every week there is someone having a get together jeez hows a guy to get anything done on his car  :violin:
There has been progress even if it seems slow!
Parts and pieces. I have a Ricks stainless fuel tank now. It fits vary nice and look great. Kinda pricey but it have the baffles and pump in it and it looks good!  :grinyes:
I got a new oil pan from Weldtech. Very nice people and a great low profile pan. It fits perfect and isn't any lower then the bell housing. So if you need low Its all good!  :thumbsup: I don't think I have any pics of it yet I'll have to fix that.
I took the plunge and ordered the engine controller and harness. I went with the FAST system they know have a complete  6.1 setup with 90mm t-body for throttle by cable. One of the reasons for this ( other then I think its a very good computer ) It will connect to the PCS trans computer.... So... As many of you will remember I wanted to use the A580 trans that the factory uses with the SRT-8 Hemi but the computer is not an option  :stomp: I was ready to give up and put in a stick but decided to wait while I attacked the body. Some new option have cropped up. I have been talking back and forth with Russel from PCS about there controller. They developed a program and harness for a military application that uses the 722.6 trans ( the Mercedes version of the trans.)  They have never used it or yet sold it for a NAG1 A-580 but its basically the same trans. Theres still a bunch of problems to over come but It looks doable. I will post more detailed info on the "cracking the Code post" for those interested. So I took the plunge and bought the controller and harness. I'll let you know how it goes!  :dunno:
I have been doing more body work as well. One thing that started bothering me was how to give the car more "attitude"  I already decided I didn't want a rear spoiler like sick fish because I really like the trunk the way it is. But I wanted something different. I liked the front split "chin" spoilers.but they look like a bolt on. And I have had issues with the rear valance from day one. ( it's not finished off nice at the bottom ) Can you tell where this is going.  :1zhelp: I must have make 10 different cardboard front and rear spoilers. But I ended up with a split front and rear spoiler that I think looks really cool. The front takes the chin spoiler and moves it down to the bottom where it belongs and it now ties accost the whole car better. That was fairly easy to come up with and I really like the look. I wanted to do something with the rear that had the same feel. man that was harder.  :pullinghair: But the end result came out nice. its kind up a split belly pan. I extended both rear quarters 1.25" behind the tire. It makes the lower body line look much better. If you follow from the front of the rear tire back the rear is higher. Now its follow the curve. Then I added the same amount to the rear valance rolling it back under the car. then in the center it cuts back to the original hight. ( Like the front,and a lot of other late model performance cars. ) 
OK that was way to wordy.  :eek4: I don't have many pics yet but heres a few it will help!
P.S. I got to meet Confederate Cuda all the way from Tennessee to California. That was really cool. Glad you took the time to visit. The stake was nice too!  :drool:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2008 - 04:13:29 AM »
Thanks for reposting................. :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping: :woohoo: :clapping:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2008 - 07:36:19 AM »
wow thats like almost word for word...  :2thumbs:

love what you did with the rolled edges. :woo:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:32:41 AM »
wow thats like almost word for word... 

:biggrin: I got lucky I still had the draft as an email! sometimes if its a long post I wright it as an e-mail then paste it. Normally I delete it once posted, but forgot lucky me.
I got the Fast computer in this week and a ship confirmation from PCS. So that should be in soon. I'm also back to getting a drive shaft made. I had most of the custom yoke machining done when I decided to stop and wait to see if the computer would work. The trans doesn't have a slip yoke. Just a German type 4 bolt flange. So you need some kind of adapter and a slip yoke in the shaft itself. Unless you want to go independent in the rear!
Another little thing to figure out is the 6.1 collector flanges. If you use the factory headers then you have to fine the correct flanges. Chrysler says they only come on the H pipe not separately  :-\
No work this weekend. We rented a beach house in Aptos and will be spending the weekend at the coast. ( Even an understanding wife needs some quality time now and then!  :lol:)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2008 - 09:25:24 PM »

Another little thing to figure out is the 6.1 collector flanges. If you use the factory headers then you have to fine the correct flanges. Chrysler says they only come on the H pipe not separately  :-\
No work this weekend. We rented a beach house in Aptos and will be spending the weekend at the coast. ( Even an understanding wife needs some quality time now and then!  :lol:)

Ya gotta take care of the wife.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I may have something for ya on the 6.1 flanges :2cents:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2008 - 08:01:34 PM »
conv 340 check your in box I PM ed you.
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2008 - 11:12:07 PM »
Thanks, Dodgeboys, for the info!  :thumbsup:
Just in case I'm not he only one that hasn't heard of the Mopar Supercenter   http://www.moparsupercenter.com/
Looks like a very cool Mopar well umm... super center  ::)