Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226454 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2008 - 11:58:32 PM »
I'd like to know more about how you're doing the speed sensor, what type of set-up.  I found out that with my electronic speedo, all I need to do is have any old cogged plate on the drive shaft with a sensor and calibrate it, and it works.  Just wondering what you had in mind.   
I don't know what the minimum pulse count is for your speedo. ( or mine for that matter, as I don't yet have one. ) but I was going to use the speed sensor from PCS it is only 2 pulses per drive shaft rev. Its available in a 1.875 or 2.1875 size it fits on the rear yoke of a Cheby 12 bolt or ford 9" race yoke? not to useful for us Mopar heads. But My dive shaft has to have a slip yoke in line ( The A580 has no slip yoke.) that happens to be 1.875 in diameter.  :cooldancing: I'm hoping that will work for my speedo as well. What trans are you running? If you have a speedo cable hole you can get a simple sensor that plugs on to the end of a very short cable to run you speedo.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2008 - 10:02:10 AM »
Cool, thanks for the info.  I got an Autometer speedo, I dont think it has a minimum, at least thats what the guy on the phone said.  I'm running an NV3500 tranny, and I have yet to order the yoke.  Its very close to the top of the list right now, though.  If anything, I'll have a spacer machined to fit.  Where are you getting the sensor from?   :2thumbs:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2008 - 09:51:18 PM »
Where are you getting the sensor from?

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=101 FAST shows one in there paper work as well but not on the web sight?
I've blown the front end back apart ( for the 10th time) Starting work to finish up the engine bay. I'll post more soon.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2008 - 12:34:01 AM »
You guys should get a kick out of this. Heres some pics I took this weekend of the front tire clearance. Just how close a 275/30/18 sits!   :22yikes: This is at full drop I know most cars with air bags hit something if you dump all the air but my goal was to be able to safely roll to a stop even if I lost all air psi.  :scared: And yes if the car is at the low setting your steering radius is reduced. That much tire won't do a full lock with out hitting the wheel well. I plan on making a ramped steering stop   :clueless: so the lower the car sits the steering will stop before the tire hits the fender.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2008 - 12:54:50 AM »
Wow, that's close! :eek7:  Considering that's at its lowest setting, that's actually really impressive. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline hezzel

• Matching numbers 383 Magnum ,727 at and 3:23 rear
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2008 - 02:45:38 AM »
Wow, that's close! :eek7:  Considering that's at its lowest setting, that's actually really impressive. :thumbsup:
I have to agree that´s really close but also looks cool :thumbsup:
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2008 - 04:53:53 AM »
 :wow: Looking great :2thumbs: Their is heaps of room in there, you know it is close when it hits. :clapping:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2008 - 08:10:21 AM »
Thats great  :22yikes: I think you have hit the jackpot on that setup.  :cooldancing:

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2008 - 02:23:59 AM »
Coming along  :2thumbs:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2008 - 10:45:20 PM »
Thought I should let you know whats up. I have been putting quite a few hours on the Cuda. Not as many as I might like. We celebrated Mothers day and my Sisters birthday. Spent a great day at Roaring Camp Railroads. If your interested http://www.roaringcamp.com/ Very nice, and a good break from the stress of life. Which is the other reason not as much has been happening as I might like. My wifes job is has gone down hill and it's questionable weather or not she will be employed on any given day. Without getting into all the uglys. We will be ok on my salary while she looks for a new job but no "extras" I.E. her horse and my car will be a problem. So I've decided to hold up on any more spending for a few months until things settle.   :walkaway:

The good news is I have lots of work on the Fish to keep me busy for a while. 

Getting the engine bay finished and sealed up is my goal this week. I finished checking every hole. Either filling or making a hole for everything. Including the harnesses. I put the door looms in for the power windows as well. Easy with the fenders off. I finished welding up the fire wall mods. But now I started a new one I'm making a new smooth plate to replace the factory wiper cover. It will fit better with the engine brace and looks better. It will make sense in the pics.

The inside of the firewall has been sealed up like the rest of the floor. So now the ugly part body work on the engine bay. What a pain!   :swear: Theres no power tools to help in there just lots and lots of hand sanding. My hands started to rebel against me. After about 12 hours It's getting close but I just couldn't finish it this weekend.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008 - 10:47:14 PM by conv340 »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2008 - 11:01:24 PM »
man you do nice work!  :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2008 - 01:59:51 AM »
I know how you feel about the hands - I only spent about three hours cleaning parts with a Scotchbrite pad and a toothbrush size wire brush (and some time on the bench grinder and with the drill) and my hands were cramping.  OUCH!!

I'm loving the work you're doing.  Can't wait to see the finished product.  Good luck to you and your wife.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Travis72

« Reply #222 on: May 20, 2008 - 01:07:07 AM »
I love the huge front tires!  Looks really mean!

What electric windows are you planning on using?   Electric Life or XV?  I've heard the electric windows are actually lighter then the stock manual windows.  That true?

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #223 on: May 20, 2008 - 02:02:19 AM »
I see that you are not skimping on anything.  Looks Great   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2008 - 09:07:21 PM »
What electric windows are you planning on using?   Electric Life or XV?  I've heard the electric windows are actually lighter then the stock manual windows.  That true?
I'm using the XV window kit ( made by New Relics ) instead of EL's The I don't know the weight but Electric Life's are thiner metal then stock so they might be. The XV stuff is about the same weight as stock. Like most every thing from XV they look well built. We'll see when I finally get to use them!