Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226488 times)

Offline Lunchbox

Re: Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007 - 10:26:51 PM »
Very Nice  :drool:

Offline willhaven

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007 - 11:12:57 AM »
Christ, that thing is going to be a monster.

What color scheme are you going to go with?

Offline Stacked440

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007 - 12:10:44 PM »
I didn't brace my car like that :crying:  I'll be flexing like a rubber band :smilielol:  That car is going to be one for the record books, looks very sturdy! :thumbsup:
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline Travis72

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007 - 11:10:28 PM »
SWEET!!!  Keep the pictures coming.    :ylsuper:

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Finoke

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007 - 04:10:45 AM »
This is my first time reading this post. Very awesome and fascinating! I love reading about major surgery! Keep it coming  :cheers:

Offline stones

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007 - 10:35:56 AM »
Awsome ride,its definetly among the coolest i have ever seen,mindblowing :wow: :wow: :worshippy
Stones :bigsmile:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007 - 11:28:21 AM »
 :worshippy :worshippy

Youve got the same sickness I do, unfortunately, I dont have the same bank account   :crying: :crying:

Seriously, that thing is schweeeet!!   :droolingbounce:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007 - 01:17:44 PM »
Wow, that car is going to be sweet!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:  The 6.1L should give it plenty of power and look cool doing it. :2thumbs: :grinyes:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007 - 02:34:07 PM »
Good call on the 6.1L, it will set your car apart from others.  Your project is coming along great!  Keep up the hard work!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007 - 09:35:21 PM »
Thanks guys, This is how I keep motivated. Reading all of you stories and watching the projects come together, soon you think hay I can do that. But as my wife points out " yes but then you get carried away"  :dunno: 

You've got the same sickness I do, unfortunately, I don't have the same bank account   
Bank account what back account? I remember its where you put you money.  :roflsmiley: I actually sold my pro-street panel to fund this but it all gone now so... time to work harder. I'll post a couple of pics of it. It will answer another question also.
What color scheme are you going to go with?
The car was originally a Plum Crazy Grand Coupe. Don't worry it was a 318 with no motor or trans and no docs. I have thought about a lot of colors but keep coming back to purple. I think I would need to jazz it up a bit in keeping with the modern style. I painted my 58 Dodge Panel a color called ultraviolet It was similar to plum but brighter and darker. I want to do ghost hockey stick stripes and AAR hood in a 2 shade darker purple. The interior will be all black with a suede and leather combo. It still has the one piece headliner and console I would love to do in suede. ( micro-fiber?) At the rate I'm spending It will be primer  :grinno:
Man I hate selling cars looking at the picks makes me miss it. I actually needed sell it because I never drove it. The motor was to radical for the street and I couldn't bring my self to tune it down. (I'm not a trailer queen guy.) 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007 - 09:37:12 PM by conv340 »
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007 - 09:45:08 PM »
Now THAT is cool. I've always liked Panel Trucks and Sedan Deliverys  8)

Russ
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007 - 12:19:30 AM »
That is a great motor to have.  Good luck on raising the rest of the need funds.  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007 - 07:23:22 PM »
It's been awhile since I've updated! Thought I'd bring you up to date.
There has been a lot of hours fitting things It's amazing how many things get messed up when you take a little 2" out of the body!  :eek7: I've got the four bar rear installed. You can see my post on Air Rides tri-bar for more info on that. I ordered a set of TTI headers and sent them back. I can't believe I didn't notice this sooner. All Mopars have the starter on the DRIVERS side. Thanks to Daimler ( the A580 trans is a German design ) the starter is on the PASSENGER side. Apparently I'm the first person to try using this trans in a swap. every one I've told has had the same reaction "Wow Ive never seen that before" Bottom line the TTI headers have to go back. All four tubes on that side would have to be massively reworked. Well back to the drawing board. I started messing around with the factory headers again. I had given up on them for two reasons. First the steering gets complicated, you need a three joint steering shaft to get by it and you have to modify the drivers side mount. Well that and headers look cool. However the factory manifold is a true "header" and is a great flowing one at that, complete with a 3" collector! It will also mean better ground clearance and wait their made of stainless. I'm trying to talk my self into it. Can you tell?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 - 07:26:19 PM by conv340 »

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007 - 07:52:21 PM »
The factory headers have been fit and the steering is all in. I have been playing with all the dimensions to get every thing to fit. I Had to build upper and lower steering mounts and moved the opening in the floor. Oddly when its all done the column fits great and it's hard to tell its not in the stock location.  :clapping: 
I bought the Vintage Air kit for the e-body. As with most things on this car, the a/c box does not fit in the location they intended. ( It hits the tunnel) After a little brain storming I came up with a solution that solves several dilemmas. The box needs to be as high as possible, needs to miss the tunnel, and I don't like the lines poking in to the engine bay ( ugly). So if you move the box to the right four inches it misses the tunnel and the tubes move over in to the fender pocket. Hooray for a wide car! The contour of the firewall is such that you can move the box up half an inch as well. Then if you take the control box off the top you can gain another three quarters of an inch. Thats an inch and a half more foot room.
The only snag is getting the heater hoses back out in the right spot. I ordered a tubing bender for 5/8" tube and will try to make hard lines that put the hose inlets in behind the intake manifold so you can't see them. That would be sweet, no visible hoses a/c or heat.
I have played with several different engine compartment braces. but this is the final design. An adjustable strut brace. I can't fit a cross bar in front of the motor but the diagonal braces came out nice. I went back and forth on welding in the AlterKation cross member but as if you couldn't guess by now I can't leave well enough alone  Not only did I weld it in I added braces to the XV radiator support making the front VERY rigid! I also added some plates to smooth off the sides of the cross member. Oh and I added a skid plate under the steering rack. The rack mounts hang lower then the cross member! No good.
I also started to fill all the unneeded holes in the firewall and fitting all the little brackets and pieces so they all have a place to go after painting. Soon hopefully I can start sealing things up.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007 - 08:40:52 PM »
The car is coming along nicely! :2thumbs: :grinyes:  That's really going to be one sweet ride when you're finished with it! :clapping: :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin