Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226441 times)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2008 - 05:01:43 AM »
that Lizard skin looks good will you use dynomate or something like it on the inside also?

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Travis72

« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2008 - 10:53:46 PM »
Looks good!  I agree that the gunmetal will look awesome!!!!!!!!!!  Great choice.

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #302 on: November 09, 2008 - 09:47:00 PM »
I agree that the gunmetal will look awesome!!!!!!!!!!  Great choice.
decided on Gunmetal after all  and off to the paint shop real soon too  keep us posted.
Thanks, I really  like the look. I think it will be a lot better on this car then my other ideas. Now I just have to pick to "charcoal"  paint codes that will make it look like it does in my head!  I'm very excited to be at such a turning point!
that Lizard skin looks good will you use dynomat or something like it on the inside also?
your not supposed to need it...  :dunno: but you know I will.  :icon16: The tar based "heavy" sound deadener I will limit to the package tray and trunk areas where the speakers will be. But the whole cab will get a foil backed insulation. ( Can't help it more is better!  :lol:)
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish" Time for paint
« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2008 - 11:52:46 PM »
It' been a busy week. Monday Jerry (The body guy that just does hot rods.) came out to see the project and was very enthusiastic. He said all the things I wanted to hear. He seems genuinely interested in doing the finishing work and painting the car. We talked quite a bit about all the things that have been changed on the car. He told me all the things he would do to make it right. Tuesday he called and talked about some details of the project. Wednesday morning I went over to his shop to see some of his work. We talked for over an hour making me quite late for work! The 56 Chevy and 69 Charger that were just about ready to ship gave me a very good idea about his work. The Charger was a very basic "scuff and shoot" as Jerry calls it. Something he REALLY doesn't like to do. It looks better then some high dollar restoration jobs. The 56 was impressive to the point that I was starting to panic. He seems nice we hit it off to the point that I could see us becoming Friends, his Laval of detail is incredible, His turn around times seem very good. I have to say I wanted things to work.
Now I'm Thinking I can't afford this  :money:
Up to this point we hadn't talked money. We sat down and went over what he wanted to do with the car point by point. I skipped to the last page and looked at the price.  :22yikes: Out of my budget, but not bad for the kind of work he does. I told him my situation and wasn't sure how we would be able to work it out. It's very hard for me to cut corners at this point and say can we just do a kinda nice job for less. I've got to much of my blood sweet and tears into this thing at this point. Long story short  :blah: by Friday after a long talk with my wife and several more visits to the shop We have a go! He under stands times are what they are right now and he really does want to work on this car.  :woo: ( Maybe he just heeds the work?)  :dunno: He came down in price more then I though he would, and its still more then I should be spending, but I think, and really hope, that it comes out great.
On Saturday we hung out and talked about other cars at the Pleasanton Fall GoodGuys Get Together.
Sunday I hustled to get every thing ready to go to the body shop It leaves on Monday!!  :faint:
Its been 2 years getting to this point. Heres hoping it's not a body shop fiasco like so many others.  :popcorn:

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2008 - 07:23:57 AM »
Sounds like you found the right guy for the job   :bananasmi  :bananasmi  He probably figures he will get a lot of high dollar work out of doing your car :2thumbs:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2008 - 10:31:09 PM »
Well I'm having withdrawals.  Twisted fish left this morning at 10am so there is a funny looking hole in the shop where a Cuda should be.  :sadwavey:
The body guy called to tell me the patient was resting nicely at his shop. He all ready bagged it to keep it clean on the inside and sprayed it with a guide coat so he can map out all the things I missed. 
I have the fun task of picking the actual colors. Right now I'm sitting with a bunch of color chip books looking a too many options.  :crazy:

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2008 - 10:52:21 PM »
As far as picking the color - go with your gut.  Whichever one grabs you first, will be the one you always wonder about if you decide on another color.  Don't worry about your withdrawls, once you get 'er back, you'll be busy as can be gettin' r done!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 - 11:09:33 PM by ChallengerGary »
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2008 - 10:53:34 PM »
it's looking good, I wish my 2JZ bastard Cuda would be in that stage
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline gkring

« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2008 - 12:10:04 AM »
it's looking good, I wish my 2JZ bastard Cuda would be in that stage

2jz turbo motor= :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
cuda= :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
cuda+2jz= :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
What you are doing with your v-8 swap into your supras is very cool, but leave the mopar all mopar, please!!
Put a turbo on that mopar, definitely, just make sure it is on a mopar block as well.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Travis72

« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2008 - 01:08:52 AM »
That's a huge step!  I'm getting very close to taking mine to a body guy as well (I'm trying to keep up with you!!   :D  ) and I'm already nervous about it, so I can relate.  It sounds like you made a great choice for your painter though.

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #310 on: November 11, 2008 - 05:10:30 PM »
2jz turbo motor= :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
cuda= :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
cuda+2jz= :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
What you are doing with your v-8 swap into your supras is very cool, but leave the mopar all mopar, please!!
Put a turbo on that mopar, definitely, just make sure it is on a mopar block as well.

I know I will never hear the end of it from purists and mopar heads,but it's something I've wanted to do for a while,plus it won't be stock by any means,but a fully built 1200hp set-up backed by bullet-proof Getrag V160 6speed,and all dated exterior trim as well as complete interior will be gone and replaced with all custom made parts
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2008 - 10:30:53 PM »
Not only YOU (conv340) are going through Withdrawls. I drive by the SHOP and don't see any lights on. I can't STOP by and see the improvements.

WAIT! I know what can fill the WHOLE in the SHOP. My car.  :lol2:

You know how much work my CAR needs.

MM

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2008 - 11:46:43 PM »
WAIT! I know what can fill the WHOLE in the SHOP. My car.
Boy would I have a hard time selling that one to my boss!  :stirpot: But we do need to work on getting it painted!
Soon I'll be working on the dash and building the new cluster. That will take some hours.
I know I will never hear the end of it from purists and mopar heads,but it's something I've wanted to do for a while
I'll respect it as a unique idea, that will turn heads  but I'm afraid I have to agree with gkring. I can't even put a Chevy in a Ford. 
But I under stand your position. I get a lot of grief from the purists for all the hacking I've done! :eek4: I say It's YOUR car and if it makes you happy thats all that maters!  :thumbsup:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #313 on: November 13, 2008 - 02:18:11 AM »
Nice choice on the color, Conv340! :cheers:  That thing is going to look amazing once it's in color. :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #314 on: November 13, 2008 - 03:25:58 AM »
 :naughty:  great choice in color  :jumping:     

I am no purist, and love the looks on your car.   Cut up on all sides and yet perfect balance  :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***