Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226438 times)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #315 on: November 13, 2008 - 02:52:25 PM »
What's the name of the shop you're having it painted at? You can PM me if you want.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #316 on: November 13, 2008 - 06:47:26 PM »
I'll respect it as a unique idea, that will turn heads  but I'm afraid I have to agree with gkring. I can't even put a Chevy in a Ford. 
But I under stand your position. I get a lot of grief from the purists for all the hacking I've done! :eek4: I say It's YOUR car and if it makes you happy thats all that maters!  :thumbsup:

thanks for understanding ,and yes, I'm building a car for me,not anyone or to make profit selling it,as I own a custom shop,it's always nice to show customers what I'm capable of ,as I have some off the wall ideas,alot of them will make the car look more modern and just pure bad ass, just imagine all the chrome completely removed,use a thin rubber molding on the edges of the front and back glass,reshape front and rear valances as well as both bumpers and rocker panels,gatling gun style HID headlights,huge,staggered 3 piece wheels with huge lip wrapped in 345 or 355 rubbers on the rear, all with air suspension set at about 3" riding height, but that's just me,as much as I love classic looks of E body,I want to have updated modern twist to it,

I do like what you have done to yours,I always enjoy seeing someones ideas come to life,especially when they take time and do it right

Stefan

Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #317 on: November 13, 2008 - 07:44:36 PM »
I have the fun task of picking the actual colors. Right now I'm sitting with a bunch of color chip books looking a too many options.  :crazy:

I've always like gunmetal colors also. Today I noticed a few really great gunmetal-ish colors on 08 Suburu, 08 Mazda 6 and a Scion Van/car of all things.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #318 on: November 28, 2008 - 04:31:10 PM »
I've been stopping by the painter on Fridays checking on the progress. It's moving along nice. He painted a paint can with my colors on it so I could see if I liked it.  :lol2: I like it a lot. I won't tell you what I'm doing with the orange But it should add a splash of pizazz to it.  :bigsmile: So far so good. Well other then the money thing.  :1zhelp:
I've been detailing and rebuilding lots of little things door latches, locks, all the window tracks, wiper trans, etc. Still  need to figure out the dash and gauges, but I'll have to wait till after Christmas for that.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #319 on: November 28, 2008 - 06:04:27 PM »
looking good!like the color combination
Stefan B

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #320 on: November 28, 2008 - 06:09:04 PM »
 :popcorn:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #321 on: November 28, 2008 - 06:19:20 PM »
 :dogpile:

:popcorn:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2008 - 06:48:59 PM »
 :iagree: :naughty:
*** Bart ***

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2008 - 07:56:12 PM »
You are being berry berry sneaky.  I look forward to the unveiling of your color combo old mate :sly: :lol2: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2008 - 11:48:38 PM »
I like the colors very much. Looking GOOD. They GO well together.

O.K. guys the line starts here. $10.00 each and I will tell you how and where each of those colors go.

con340 you can pay me allot of HUSH money.:lol2:

MM

Offline autodynamics

« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2008 - 05:19:03 PM »
what kinda seats were those???? corbaeu's? build looks great keep the pictures coming

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2008 - 10:40:23 PM »
what kinda seats were those? corbaeu's? build looks great keep the pictures coming
Yeah, Corbaeu's the all leather without the logo. I need to get the rear seat upholstered to match still.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2008 - 11:08:06 PM »
I have been slowly cleaning and detailing all the little boring parts the hide away unseen but still need attention. Some equally boring photos of said parts.  :faint:

"Shaved" door handles. I have made shaved door handles but not as you might think. Way back I decided to leave the door handles on because I loved how flush the E-body handles fit. But now that the car is getting smoother and smoother I did a test fit and realized that they stick up a bit both on the frame and again on the handle itself.  :clueless:  As with everything on this car   :eek7: I did another subtle mod and acualy shaved the door handle thining it untill it is flush with the body. They will be painted body color as well so they will blend in.

Not to much to report on the body work front. Hes gone over it three times now and it keeps getting straiter. Blocking it finer each time. Makes me realize how hard good body work is, and how far my work is from it!  :-\ So any pics kinda look the same.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #328 on: December 17, 2008 - 12:42:22 AM »
oh' the little stuff that adds so much to the final look and finish that no one sees  :bananasmi

NICE  :drool:

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2008 - 09:04:15 AM »
^^ so true,

but it must suck for your painter to block sand the car  off rotisserie,I feel for him

I woud've pted out to get the small bits blated and powdercoated, it would save you so much tim cleaning all those parts and in the end you'd never have to worry about rust

looking good!

Stefan
Stefan B