Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226434 times)

Offline Confederate Cuda

Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2009 - 10:51:54 AM »
Bob,
That looks great but you are going to have to stop! You have me thinking about taking my engine out  :stomp: My next trip to CA, I will try to swing by and see it in person. You do amazing work.

Offline Travis72

« Reply #346 on: January 05, 2009 - 01:23:00 AM »
Agreed!!  Looks fantastic and the black wrinkle valve covers should look great as well!

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Re: "Twisted Fish" Getting Painted
« Reply #347 on: January 05, 2009 - 04:54:51 PM »
....Anyway still fighting the hangover from painting. Even with a good respirator the fumes make you loopy  :screwy: ...
Hope you're ok Bob-
I know there is no ventilation in the shop, isocynates(sp?) are nothing to mess with and can put you in the hospital.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #348 on: January 05, 2009 - 06:39:51 PM »
 :wow:  That engine looks insane!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #349 on: January 05, 2009 - 07:33:52 PM »
Maybe you've listed this before and I didn't see it, but what paint brand system did you end up with? Is your engine Prowler orange or another?
Thanks----sure looks nice. I'm anxious to see it in the graphite/platinum that you have the test panel done in.

Wes

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #350 on: January 05, 2009 - 09:30:07 PM »
Looks great Bob.  :2thumbs: gotta come by and see it.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #351 on: January 06, 2009 - 01:01:36 AM »
Thanks for the feed back!  I'm having a hard time waiting to see the car in paint.  :hyper: 
but what paint brand system did you end up with? Is your engine Prowler orange or another?
 All three colors are 04 Chrysler the two grays are from 300's and the orange is from the Prowler. Was there any doubt they would have to be Mopar colors! I'm using PPG products, urethane, pre-waterborne. I've used them before with good luck and Jerry uses them as well so works for me.  :dunno:
Hope you're ok Bob-
Thanks for the concern. Shooting any amount of that stuff with out proper ventilation and respiration gear is bad news. ( don't try this at home! ) I do have a good chemical respirator, but your right about the poor ventilation. 
Can you take a part out in the sun tomarrow for a picture PLEASE 
I built a stand for it, so it dosn't sit on the pan any more.  ::) As soon as It cures a little bit I'll roll it out and snap a pic in the sun.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009 - 01:05:02 AM by conv340 »
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #352 on: January 18, 2009 - 12:37:32 PM »
Nothing super exciting going on but still plodding along. Right now I am rebuilding the steering column, Yes I'm still using the original column. Kinda silly but I like the crush can it's one of the iconic E-body pieces that make the car what it is. I also wanted a Mopar key and a locking wheel. For all the things I've changed I've tried to keep much of the original look to the car.  :dunno: For some time now I've been taking all the pieces from the shop, ( My work ) to the garage, where I'll do the assembly after paint. ( I wont have to worry about dings and how fast I work on it.  :grinno: ) The parts collection is bigger then the car!  :lol:
Can you take a part out in the sun tomorrow for a picture PLEASE 
I'll post a couple of pics of the motor in sun light. The blue Challenger is a friends, I've been working on. ( Need paint money. )
A couple pics of the body slowly getting closer to paint. I think I'm going to have him split the bottom edge of the door and shrink the lower gap. I should have done it myself but I kept thinking it the bottom it will be fine. But as the car gets closer and nicer. I think it will always bug me that I didn't fix that gap, and its now of never! I also got the Headers back from ceramic coating.  :clapping:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009 - 12:40:12 PM by conv340 »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #353 on: January 18, 2009 - 12:46:58 PM »
 :wow: motor looks nice in the sun the headers turned out great also.

how much did you spend to have them coated?

I may have to  get mine done. :crazy:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2009 - 04:55:52 PM »
how much did you spend to have them coated?

$250 about the same most places. I was going to leave them stainless and just clean and polish. But they turn gold from the heat quick. doesn't match the orange.  :rofl:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish"
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2009 - 09:50:20 PM »
Been a while since I've gave an update. In the beginning I said I would update good or bad.

My Momma always said life is like a box of... No wait that was some one else, but it kinda fits. Actually what she said was if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.  :nono: I haven't had much good to say lately. The car is kinda on hold until the money thing gets better. We have been very slow at work, scary slow actually. Rox hasn't found any full time work. So were in a survival mode for now.  :walkaway:

Now for the good news. Twisted Fish is still at Jerry's. Very, Very close to paint. I'm going finish the paint at this point it would be silly to stop. I have been going by every Friday to see the progress. He has been great to work with. I have to say I cant wait to see it in Paint.  :hyper: The body lines are very crisp. Its in its final blocking and ready for sealer. Then time to lay out the stripes. Then blow it back apart for paint. I think It will be ready for me to check the stripe layout this week and paint next. We'll see.

It's hard to stay motivated on the little things that I should be doing with out the car. Theres plenty I can do without spending any money but it seems that theres always the small part that you need.

Offline troutstreamnm

« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2009 - 10:42:00 PM »
I'm speechless!  That is going to be one awesome machine, keep pluggin away at it :2thumbs:
08 SRT-8 Challenger
71 GA4 Challenger
70 FK5 Charger 500

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2009 - 02:59:39 AM »
It’s looking good  :ylsuper:
I know I am running low on funds for my car it’s a scary world right now.  :22yikes:

I went back and looked but could not find the info on your drive shaft.
Who made it and what did you have to tell them to make a bolt on slip yoke?

And do you have a good picture of your trans mount?

Thanks
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2009 - 11:27:02 PM »
I went back and looked but could not find the info on your drive shaft.
Who made it and what did you have to tell them to make a bolt on slip yoke, and do you have a good picture of your trans mount?

The drive shaft was made by South Bay Driveline, in San Jose. www.sb-driveline.us Hell build anything you want. He has a SRT-8 magnum so he has an interest in the project. The Slip yoke is from a full size  4x4 truck with the transfer case you need a slip joint in the shaft. ( and plenty strong. ) He had adapter plate machined to adapt the output flange from the trans to the 1350 slip yoke. 1350 is the U-joint type. I have a couple of pictures but I cant find the pic of the adapter plate. I can get you more info and details if you want.
The mount was a fairly simple mod to the factory trans mount. The tunnel mods weren't quite so simple :eek4:
P.s. I think I should have waited a little longer.  :banghead: I love your trans! that will be sweet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009 - 11:28:33 PM by conv340 »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2009 - 04:14:05 AM »
thanks     great pictures

looks like a will have to hack a little more of my tunnel than I thought.  :faint:

Thanks for the info I will look into South Bay.

Go Fast & Have Fun...