Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226409 times)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: "Twisted Fish" Gets paint
« Reply #465 on: May 28, 2009 - 06:06:35 AM »
 :22yikes: some good news some not so good  :eek4:

I wish you the best  :cheers:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #466 on: June 07, 2009 - 05:46:50 PM »
A little update. Not trying to whine here but  :banghead: Saw the doctor about the pain in my groin. Seems I have a hernia. Gonna need surgery Do to work and surgeon scheduling looks like the beginning of July is the first time that will work out well. I have a brace and can do some stuff.  :icon16: No lifting The worst part is walking any distance = lots of ache. So no Mopar work   :walkaway: NOT.   :thinkerg: convincing the wife I'll be good is hard part.
So I've done a few little things so far. Started insulating the firewall etc. Got the Hydro boost and column support in. Started installing the plumbing. All the things that have to go in before the motor. ( that may have to wait ) Keep finding little things I'm still missing. Got the rest of the stainless polished looks like chrome. Put the grille together to see how it will look. Still need new turn signal lenses. They will have to wait for the other problem $$  Just hanging out at the garage bench racing helps a lot! Decided to skip some of my favorite car shows don't need to make things worse.
I'm still just thrilled that I got it painted.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #467 on: June 07, 2009 - 07:06:21 PM »
how did you flush mount the taillights? i so want to do that and lose the bumperette's and the big bumps on the rear valance although it could be a litytle more difficult to flush mount the lights on my 71.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline jrwoodjoe

« Reply #468 on: June 08, 2009 - 02:00:57 PM »
That car is going to be AWESOME!!  :drool:

65 Barracuda
70 Challenger

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #469 on: June 08, 2009 - 04:07:59 PM »
nice work,  what kind of insulation is that?  is it self adhesive?   
make sure the doctors don`t cut you up too soon. I had problems with a hernia in the neck, couldn`t walk at all, terrible pain in my right arm too and no way I was able to drive a car.  I got some serious painkillers ( think it was tramadol or something) and slept for about 2 weeks non stop and it started to get better slowly. I`ve had no problems now for almost a year...  :woo:   About 80% will cure, the rest needs surgery. Your body will let you know when to stop working on the car too...  :eek4:    go get yourselfs a good physical therapist first  :2cents:
good luck, I hope you`ll get better soon  :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #470 on: June 08, 2009 - 04:23:26 PM »
take care of yourself Bob!
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #471 on: June 08, 2009 - 05:04:47 PM »
 :22yikes: hey Bob, sounds like you are the twisted fish now buddy :iagree: with the other guys, look after yourself, OK :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #472 on: June 08, 2009 - 09:58:06 PM »
how did you flush mount the taillights? i so want to do that

You've got to options, you can cut out a piece of steel to match your tail light and weld it in. Then you have to make a new way to mount the light, tack little studs on the back. To look right it needs to be 1/8" thick or rolled so it looks good where the taillight comes though. The other option, ( Much easier! ) is to use a panel bonding epoxy and "glue" the existing bezel in place theres several epoxies used on late model cars to do this. Just make sure to get a good bond. 40 grit and good degreaser! Thats what I did I fit the bezel first sanded and shaped it so it was perfectly flat. Then once installed a little filler in the seam. ( I used the metal reinforced filler, less chance of cracking ) sand smooth and  your done!  I have to admit this still scares the **** out of me. I'm afraid that is will crack some day, but I've talked to some hotrod guys and body men who swear it will last as long as you get a good bond!  :dunno:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #473 on: June 08, 2009 - 10:36:26 PM »
  hey Bob, sounds like you are the twisted fish now buddy
:rofl: Thats the truth! all though some would say I've always been a little twisted?  :clueless:
nice work,  what kind of insulation is that?  is it self adhesive? 
Its the "fiber-tech?" padding. It's 3/8" thick felt like with aluminum on both sides. No adhesive I use 3M spray super trim adhesive. and the foil tape on the edges. I  used it on other projects works great. In the past I used dynamat first then the pad. This time I tried Lizard skin. Much lighter. Seems real nice. I will still put a little dynamat where the speakers go. Can't be to careful  :grinno:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #474 on: June 14, 2009 - 10:29:35 PM »
I had a pretty good week end for be limited.  :ylsuper:
I finished putting the brake lines in packed the wheel bearings and all that. haven't bled the brakes yet will wait till after the motor goes in. ( I want the master out while the motor goes in.)
I painted the calipers and the air tank for the air-ride orange they came out real nice. ( I could paint a whole car that color, I love it!  :drool:) Mounted the calipers. Didn't want to take the chance lifting the wheels so couldn't see what they calipers would look like with the wheels but cool just the same.
got some dyna mat in and more insulation.
Oh, heres something I didn't think of when channeling the car the trunk springs angle down and to the front when installing them. always a pain to get them in and tensioned. But they hit the bottom and my brace before you can get them into the slot.  :banghead: It took a lot of bowing to get them in I thought they would bend for sure but its all good.
I should post this in the tech section but has any body used intermittent wipers on the variable speed wiper motor?

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2009 - 11:01:29 PM »
 :drool: that really is an intense Orange, it looks so sweet. :2thumbs: you seem to still be getting stuff done, that is good to see :wave:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
 :iagree:   great work for a cripple guy   :bigsmile:    the orange is absolutely fabulous   :worshippy
*** Bart ***

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
I hoping to put the motor in the weekend got a few buddys lined up to help ( no lifting for me ) :woohoo: I want the motor in before I go in for surgury. My buddy Robert has helped my put it in and out three times before it was painted. I think we have it down so NO SRATCHES.  :stomp: I cant wait to see the orange in the black bay  :drool:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
It will be like Strawberries and Cream........... :drool: match made in heaven, hurry up and post, i can't wait :jumping: :2thumbs: :smilielol:

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #479 on: June 26, 2009 - 07:04:08 PM »
I should post this in the tech section but has any body used intermittent wipers on the variable speed wiper motor?

I haven't yet....but I've been researching it a little. The DSE (Detroit Speed and Engineering) universal kit might work. I talked to them and they said a lot of guys use it for other than Chevys. It's probably made by someone else. Also, several companies make them for the Street Rod crowd, but I'd think those would have to be done before paint.

Wes