Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226406 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
That looks awesome!!! :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Thanks guys, for all the nice comments. Coming from this group It means a lot you've all owned, build and understand the E-body obsession! 
Well today  I get to to start my ( NON ) vacation.  I decided to take today off to wrap up the little things and tomarrow is surgury day. Then I'm supposed to sit still for a couple of weeks!  :22yikes: I think that will be the hardest part for me. I don't like to sit still.  :hyper:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
well... at least you`ve got an awesome car to look at when sitting still....   good luck tomorrow and get better soon  :cheers:
*** Bart ***

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Good luck under the knife!    I freak out if I have to sit around. :hyper:    So...   Mayby get a cool electric wheel chair. You can still play with it.  Or detail the underside and take a nap under there.  Get delivery pizza    Mmmmmm          Prep. small stuff. Get stuff ready. Anything to keep it moving forward.     You ain't gonna' sit still.    :grinno:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Mopey Mopar

..... You ain't gonna' sit still.    :grinno:

The Problem he will have is listening to all of his family members telling him "YOU can't be doing that. Let me do that for you!!!"

Then he will be doing this :pullinghair:

MM

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
you could use the time to detail all the little plastic parts. not too much effort required...it's amazing how much time it can take to clean up a front turn signal lens assembly.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009 - 02:28:25 PM by ntstlgl1970 »
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline CrazyPete

amazing

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Those rear quarters has that middle body line looking VERY CRISP! :2thumbs:

That must've took a lot of blocking to create that b/c I don't think it's that crips from AMD/Goodmark or even the factory.

Good job!  I'd like my 'Cuda to have that look on the rear quarters.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Well Its been two weeks since the surgery. Couldn't be happier Saw the doc on Thurs and She seemed almost surprised at how well I was doing. So I've been mostly good but now its time to start playing again!  :clapping: Slow at first but I need the 'Cuda fix.
Those rear quarters has that middle body line looking VERY CRISP!
Thanks there was considerable time spent going over all the lines and cleaning them up even the little one in the middle of the rear valance.  :icon16:
I spent a lot of time thinking about electronics while board and surfing you know stereos amps subs. alarms.  :money: Has anyone used a GPS tracker yet? I have been thinking of installing one for the just in case  :stomp:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Well Its been two weeks since the surgery. Couldn't be happier Saw the doc on Thurs and She seemed almost surprised at how well I was doing. So I've been mostly good but now its time to start playing again!  :clapping: Slow at first but I need the 'Cuda fix. Thanks there was considerable time spent going over all the lines and cleaning them up even the little one in the middle of the rear valance.  :icon16:
I spent a lot of time thinking about electronics while board and surfing you know stereos amps subs. alarms.  :money: Has anyone used a GPS tracker yet? I have been thinking of installing one for the just in case  :stomp:

Which way are you leaning on the audio stuff? I think a GPS tracking system would be a good idea when we have big bucks tied up into our cars. For some reason what I would call pretty intricate stereo systems are not the norm for most. I love loud clean music while driving myself.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
I love loud clean music while driving myself.
  :ylsuper: I've always been audiophile. Not a thumping 2 blocks away kinda thing but I do like to feel the music. mostly it has to be "clean" I want to hear it as it was played. Not that compressed ipod @#$%  :biggrin:
My Convertible has Infinity Kappas and a  Sherwin Vega sub ( remember them?) the wifes has Polk stuff.
I'm not sure what to do for this one yet. If I can come up with the coin I would love to try some Focal stuff but I think I might do JL I'm in love with the new JVC's KD-AVX77 DVD receiver no buttons just a big touch screen, played with one sure looks cool. Never had a JVC though  :clueless:

Offline Stacked440

I used to buy JVC decks until one went all funky on me a year after I installed it, some sort of internal problem, I couldn't get the volume above 20, otherwise the front channel would crack like crazy, regardless of speakers.  Have you looked at Alpine decks yet?
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline Canadian Cuda

:ylsuper: I've always been audiophile. Not a thumping 2 blocks away kinda thing but I do like to feel the music. mostly it has to be "clean" I want to hear it as it was played. Not that compressed ipod @#$%  :biggrin:
My Convertible has Infinity Kappas and a  Sherwin Vega sub ( remember them?) the wifes has Polk stuff.
I'm not sure what to do for this one yet. If I can come up with the coin I would love to try some Focal stuff but I think I might do JL I'm in love with the new JVC's KD-AVX77 DVD receiver no buttons just a big touch screen, played with one sure looks cool. Never had a JVC though  :clueless:

I would take focal over JL any day. my buddy has full system including 2x10" subs in his 99 silverado and it's one of the best systems i've heard. you might want to check out hertz aswell my ride has all hertz speakers and sound awesome just needs a sub.
Geoff
70 Cuda 440-4, auto, 8 3/4 sure-grip

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
I have a JL 12W7 and you cant get much better than that for loud clean bass. Focal makes very good components but I like Boston Acoustic speakers but any quality set is cool with me. I have a set of Boston Z-6 components which I think are not even being made any more. They tend to go out with too much power but I love the crystal clear sound of the Z tweets. I have a set of JL ZR's and they do good also. JL 450/4, 300/2 and a 500/1 for amps. An older Eclipse deck like a 5051 or 5053 does a great job. JVC used to make some amazing decks but I have not listened to their stuff in a while. Zapco makes some really nice amps.
What I have set aside for my Challenger is a 5053 Eclipse, a JL 3 way component set, a JL 300/2. I still need to get a sub, build a box and buy a sub amp.
Sounds like you have the right idea about doing it right.  :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Justins72

I'm going to be going with a complete alpine type R setup. Right now I have 6.5 in the front kick panels and 6x9's in the rear.  They sound great so far. The fronts are powered by a cheap lil 300 watt amp for right now. I will later be putting 6.5 componets in the front, the 6.5 that are there now in the back, a 15 inch sub in the back, then a 600 watt 4ch amp for the speakers and a 1000watt mono for the sub, all controlled by an alpine cda-9887 and then all tuned using there imprint sound manager.