Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226401 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Type R's are nice. I like Alpine stuff and have a couple of decks that are nice. I have an old 7995 and a newer powered deck. I always liked time delay, the way you could program the sound from each individual speaker to all meet at your ears at the same time. It is a feature that people have to hear to appreciate. My real desire is to have a surround sound system and last time I looked which was a while back, Alpine is the only company making surround components. I think the center speaker location in the E body is perfect size and location for a center speaker. If I did not have a new system sitting on the shelf that is the way I would do it. Your car speaks quality in and out, its going to be a helluva ride for sure.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009 - 02:51:49 PM by bb71challenger »
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Thanks for all the advice and ideas. At this point I feel like I'll be running Kraco's complete with wizzer cones.  :roflsmiley: But given a little time... I'd much rather wait then settle. But I do have to stick to some kind of budget.  :22yikes:
I think car audio Just like every thing else is brand polarized. " I won't ever own a toyota and love Mopars" But all of them have some good models.  :2cents:
Right now It's about making  :burnout:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
It felt good to get back to work on the project. Bert came by on Saturday and help install some of the heaver stuff I wanted to get done.
Got the fuel sender in and a harness made for the tank. Then got the tank installed.  Finished the fuel lines and filter. Also got the drive shaft in.
I need to get a speed sensor figured out so I can get the exhaust in.
Most of Sunday I concentrated on the Air-Ride. Installed the rear bags ( fronts have been in ) All the sensors are mounted. I'm keeping the original sensors. I re-made all the harnesses for the air ride. All the lines are also in. I need a pressure gauge on the valve body and a couple of brackets on the rear diff for the hight sensor. Then I can power it up and check for leaks.  :bananasmi Right now I can't put it on its wheels ( no air in the springs)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009 - 01:01:33 AM by conv340 »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
nice stuff I can not get over all the cool stuff.  :thumbsup:

how about a gps powered vss for a speed sensor?
http://www.haneline.com/

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
little by little....    IT IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grinyes:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Travis72

I forget, what did you end up using for the fuel tank?   Did you run an in tank pump or an external one?

Thanks,
Travis
72 Cuda

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
I used a stainless tank from ricks http://www.rickstanks.com/index.html it has the fuel pump and baffle built in. The only thing I didn't like was It comes with stainless straps that were a little to long. Even after adding a pad to the top and foam strips to the straps they weren't quite tight. But it was easy to shorten them up a little. It looks great love the smooth brushed stainless  :drool:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
I had a nice three day weekend. and since the nats are on the other side of the country  :'( I spent it working on the 'Cuda
I got all the battery and ground cables made, jumper points, battery disconnect, and such in. my hope was to get the air ride powered up and put the car on the ground. but I'm still missing a couple of little pieces.
I've started working on the fuel injection harness. I decided to do like the trunk and carpet the firewall all the way up before installing all the stuff so if anyone stands on there head and looks under the dash it will look nice and finished.  :screwy:
The FAST injection has an incedible amount  of options and capability. Unfortunately the harness has connectors for everything you might ever use. multi-stage nitrous? multi-fuel compatible? covered. But the harness is horrible its huge and theres no way it will ever look good. So I striped it all down and will remake it to custom fit the car.
I've also ordered a speed sensor and some other goodies to put all the electronics together. Including a Dash logger  :naughty: More on that later. Heres a few pics of the mess.
Oh the steering shaft is in boy is it a tight fit!  :22yikes: but no rubs and no binding. I also installed the throttle pedal and cable a small thing but it sure feels good to mash it to the floor! Even if it doesn't run  :lol:

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
somw pretty stuff there!

do you have a close-up of the throttle cable mount?
what speed sensor did you decide on?

Scott

:cooldancing:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
do you have a close-up of the throttle cable mount?
what speed sensor did you decide on?
Heres a couple pics of the throttle cable mount. I doodit my self. I couldn't figure out how to make it look good. I realy wish I could have it on the other side of the throttle body So you could run the cable down under the manifold that would look sweet.  :) But theres just no way. :( So I started with a home made steel bracket with two bolts to the manifold but wasn't sure I liked it.  :sly: This is part of a Lokar TPI mount with base removed and the top shaved down. Then drilled and tapped the manifold. So no bolts visable. It was the best I could come up with.  ;D
Another trick for anyone using a stainless throttle cable. Cover it with clear shink tubing! It won't scatch and abraid against the manifold and anything else, braided stainless is like a rat tail file.
On the speed sensor I ordered the yoke kit from PCS it will fit on the slip yoke right behind the trans. hopefully it will be here next week.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
That looks good I have seen some pretty ugly ones with that fast t-body :22yikes:

I do like how the Mopar one let me tuck it under the manifold pretty clean.

Thanks for the tip about the clear tubing do you think it will yellow over time?
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
My first thought was some type of small custom pulley down behind it. There are all sorts of stuff out there for cables.   Or a small noodle tube forcing the cable where you want it ?  Just thrown' it out there.    I doesn't look real bad. But I hear ya'
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Went to the West Coast Nationals this weekend. ( The only show I've been to this year  :'( ) A lot of nice cars, gets me motivated to work on mine.
pulled the driving lights apart and modified then to work with a HID H7 bulb and changed the halo LEDs to white. I have been wanting to see the car with the grill in it. So I've been concentrating on the front harness and getting every thing mounted. I didn't get far enough to get the grill in But the lights are finished and in. the Headlights were a pain but they look good now and I got both a white halo and HID bulbs.  ;D The front harness is just about done. Keep in mind I don't have a dash or any thing yet but I did want to prove out the harness before buttoning it up. So I got some cool pics of the lights.  :bigshades: They are bright!
The air ride had a fews leaks that I traced out and fixed I think its holding air now. Still haven't put it on the ground to play with it yet. The speed sensor came in and looks like it will fit nice. It amazing how much time all the little things can eat up. That and I keep finding little things that I need. Good thing I'm not in a hurry  :lol:
Oh Fesler was at the show there E-body hood hinges are done and were on display they look really nice and cheaper the XV. If I cant find enough things to spend my  :2cents: I would get them in black.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
cool do you have a web address for the hinges?

love the ring around the lights they look cool  :drool:

I here ya about the little stuff I can now start my car with the key what a feeling, more little stuff to do then recheck all the bolts in the suspension the list goes on …  :crazy:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
What headlights are those? I could never find CCFL halos within 7" reflector housing. Did did you retrofit those reflectors with them or ? Am very interested in that look!

The fog lights look cool as well!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009 - 02:19:57 PM by miketyler »
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger