Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226386 times)

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #585 on: November 25, 2009 - 08:40:28 AM »
The car looks amazing. Hey any chance of seeing your car at the 20th Mopar Alley Rally in June?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2009 - 11:15:21 PM »
The car looks amazing. Hey any chance of seeing your car at the 20th Mopar Alley Rally in June?
No promeses but I hope so!
What do you think 30, 60 days tell you can drive it?
Well start it any way..  :hyper:
You are a nut job.Ohhhh I can sooo relate.
  :crazy:  :cheers: Isn't that what makes life fun?
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2009 - 11:59:55 PM »
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine sure was. Had a great time with the family and still got a lot done on the Cuda.
The biggest news is...

Twisted Fish took its first breath, and man what a sweet set of lungs. It was defiantly a cargasm for me.  :woo: It only got to run for about 30 seconds due to a lack of power steering fluid. ( more on that later.) I couldn't wait any longer. I got a dyno tuned program for the 6.1 from FAST to use as a starting point. It was just like on TV where after they build up this crazy car they say "now well see if it will start". ( When you know they all ready dialed it in.) Turn the key and poof it runs great. But it did, just fired right up! Idled smooth tapped the gas and it revved smooth and came back to idle with no hesitation. Then I had to shut it back off. Bummer.  :walkaway:

I was working up to that point all week. Got gas in it. Coolant, P/S fluid but had a seep from one of the fittings on the custom reservoir snugged it up and it leaked worse. So I took it back off and apart but when I tried to remove the fitting the threads galled. Its an aluminum body with an aluminum pipe fitting. I ordered a new fitting on Monday hoping it would make it before the holiday but...  :stomp:

Also finished the front turn signals. remade the housing so the board would fit. Did a black wrinkle finish on them. I think they look really cool with the parking lights on.  :bigshades: All most worth the many hours it took to build them.   :faint:

I have also started working on the trans computer Blew the shifter apart and have some ideas on fitting the sensors in it. I actually got the trans computer up and talking to the engine computer. But thats a long way from making it shift I'm afraid.

and last but not least I put some badging on it.  :thumbsup:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #588 on: November 30, 2009 - 04:23:17 AM »
 :wow: I love the park lights :clapping: they look way cool, are they White as a park light but still flash Amber ?
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #589 on: November 30, 2009 - 07:57:49 PM »
thats some sweet stuff you got done their  :woo: :woo:
I know what you mean about the start up I had the same feeling took right off and I said wow I can not belive I did it.
And it wooks  :faint:
The lights are killer I may have to upgrade next year.  :clapping:

VIDEO we need VIDEO.
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #590 on: November 30, 2009 - 09:52:49 PM »
Man this thing is coming together nicely!   :thumbsup:  Love the LED lighting.  I think I'll have to do something similar.  :ylsuper:
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #591 on: December 02, 2009 - 12:11:41 PM »
make sure you make a video when you start it again... I wanna hear it  :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
*** Bart ***

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #592 on: December 02, 2009 - 07:33:23 PM »
Do you have any idea how friggn' cool your car is??  I sure do...! WoW! That thing is downright amazing. Getting to the point of twisting that key...  Priceless. Very nice job.Great to hear she's running. That's HUGE !   :clapping: :woohoo:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #593 on: December 02, 2009 - 09:20:06 PM »
Bob -
If you don't stop showing me these pictures, I am going to have to buy another plane ticket and see it in it's finished form. This maybe the nicest cuda build I have ever seen!

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #594 on: December 02, 2009 - 11:13:24 PM »
WOW!!!
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2009 - 04:19:26 PM »
 :wow:

My question is the same as Kenny's  :chatting:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #596 on: December 07, 2009 - 12:59:48 AM »
I love the park lights  they look way cool, are they White as a park light but still flash Amber ?
Sorry missed that one. Yes there's one row of white and two rows of amber.

Offline RCKTMN94

« Reply #597 on: December 07, 2009 - 04:12:30 PM »
That's a great car!  I just spent most of the afternoon reading this thread. Your workmanship is quite impressive. It's giving me some great new ideas. Just out of curiosity, do you/would you convert other's taillights and front directionals as you did on this car?

Keep up the inspirational work!
 :cheers:
Paul
1970 Barracuda convertible (in production)
1974 'Cuda shell-coverting into 1971 (in production)
1983 Olds Cutlass (in production)
2007 Magnum SRT-8 (Daily Driver)

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #598 on: December 19, 2009 - 09:07:09 PM »

that's a money shot right there,

car looks great,man.
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #599 on: January 02, 2010 - 10:28:22 PM »
It's been a while since I posted any progress. I had a fair amount of time of for the Holidays and managed to get quite a lot time on the car. Lets see where to start.

I got the power steering leak fixed. fired it up every thing seemed good the the p/s pump was making noise figured it was air bleeding out then it seized freed up and suddenly I had metallic p/s fluid. some where I metal burr got in the system and made a mess. ugg...  :eek4: So everything got flushed and started over. Not sure if the pump will survive but its working now and quiet.  :icon16:

The fast program that seemed so great isn't. As soon as it goes closed loop it ran very lean.  ???after checking and double checking I realized VE tables aren't even close. After some more hours and making a new map and a lot of little program changes. it really does run great! At least at idle.  :) still not ready to move. The wifes been busy so no video yet but soon I hope!

The trans is getting much closer. I got the shifter worked out and The PCS trans computer understanding its new home.   :lol: It talking to the XFI and in therory the trans tables are worked out. It knows what gear its in. triggers the back ups and neutral safety switch. It does drop into gear and wants to move on its own power! But I've got a lot of other things to do before it moves.

Like glass. I used my Christmas bonus and got the glass tinted But it's not yet installed ( where does the time go?)

And a dash. I spent a lot of my time working on the dash and cluster. I'm modifying the dash. I took out the ash tray and opened up the opening all the was to the glove box. Making a large motorized door. With it closed it looks like you just removed the ash tray all nice and smooth. But it will rotate 120 deg to show a video monitor.  It will make more sense in pics ( that I don't have yet) :picture:

The instrument cluster is finally done ( just need a dash to put it in.) Came out really nice I am every happy with how it turned out. All most worth the number of hours it took to make. I do have pics of that!  :rofl: