Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226381 times)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #615 on: February 09, 2010 - 02:50:26 PM »
......speechless......  :worshippy
*** Bart ***

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #616 on: February 13, 2010 - 11:48:41 PM »
Day one of my three day week end. Put the cuda on jackstands and started testing the trans. Had a few headscratching moments, trying to get the software and hardware on the same page as my brain. It now shifts though the gears on the stands at least! Got a whole bunch of details to figure out. I droving it out of the garage on its own power and took a few pics but the sun was all ready down. It's not ready for the street yet but got two days left. The Willwood brakes are noisy as heck! Hoping they will stop screahing once they get bedded in.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #617 on: February 14, 2010 - 01:00:57 AM »
Man, you did an awesome job with that car!!! :cheers:  I'm sure it's been a challenging project, but the end result is simply flawless!!! :faint: :drool: X 10,000 :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #618 on: February 14, 2010 - 07:18:15 AM »
video bob were is the video?

its way cool that its moving under its own power.  :cooldancing:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #619 on: February 14, 2010 - 11:34:13 AM »
 :wow: That is awsome.  :worshippy
Chris, Ohio

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #620 on: February 14, 2010 - 01:44:19 PM »
SWEET!!! :2thumbs:
Dave

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #621 on: February 14, 2010 - 02:20:32 PM »
Absolutely awesome. I like the pics in the sun. It really looks great!
I need to go back and read your build for those wheels sizes again.

Love it!
Wes

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #622 on: February 14, 2010 - 02:55:16 PM »
Not sure if you can embed a video or not but heres a link  :clueless:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010 - 02:57:51 PM by conv340 »

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #623 on: February 14, 2010 - 03:17:46 PM »
I need to go back and read your build for those wheels sizes again.
345/30/19 rear on a 19x12
275/30/18 front on a 18x9.5
( Viper tires )
The back space is good for referance only just because I cut up the car so much. but its 6" front and 8" rear.
Im in prosess of getting a set of narrower hubs from willwood to help with the tire rubbing the fender. Darn lowered cars. As every one here keeps talking about stuffing a 275 in the front is VERY tight!
Some things are worth the work  ::)

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #624 on: February 14, 2010 - 03:56:55 PM »
 :clapping:   :woo: :woohoo: :bigsmile:      Pretty soon you will get her dialed in. It's a beautiful car that I have to see in person someday. Thanks for sharing such a cool custom build with us.So many great ideas.And everything is done so nice.   :cooldancing:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #625 on: February 14, 2010 - 04:26:56 PM »

Holy crap, that thins is simply awesome. I'm not into "two tones" AT ALL but this is the one exception for me, you pulled it off nicely. Fantastic!

:clapping: :woo: :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #626 on: February 14, 2010 - 10:45:18 PM »
One word: AWESOME!!!

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #627 on: February 15, 2010 - 12:57:59 AM »
beautiful :woo:the only thing I was expecting is blacked out trim around the glass,
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #628 on: February 15, 2010 - 01:53:05 PM »
Day 2,

I discovered a P/S seep. The bummer with hiding all the lines is its all lot harder to fix them. I needed to pull the steering shaft anyway to straighten the wheel.  So got that done and checked all the suspension just to be sure it was tight. Eye balled the alignment and set the tow. Realized I still have a brake seep at one on the rear lines I think I'll have to remake the line but later. Time for a test drive and see if the tranny will shift. If you've been following my build you'll remember all the trans problems with the factory SRT-8 NAG-1 transmission.  I'm using a PCS controller and did all my own set up theres a lot of questions.
Got my dad to ride shotgun and watch the data. My wife did a video of the road test.

You can see the video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32LGfmXT7A
theres other videos on you tube as well just search Twisted Fish Cuda. Their under my wifes ID MoparRox

What a rush. It was a blast to drive even if it was just up the street and back. It shifted well and ran great. incredible amounts of torque. I'm running the FAST engine computer and ran a log during the drive so I can see how good or bad it actually ran ha ha. Need to tweak all the shift points I'm sure but it didn't blow up. Think about what would happen it you engaged the wrong clutch at speed. I didn't really think about it until we got back but it drove strait and other then the brake noise at low speed it no bad noises.

Day three will be less exciting. I'll go over the data. I'd like to get the side glass in but got to do chores some time.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010 - 01:55:23 PM by conv340 »

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #629 on: February 15, 2010 - 02:29:05 PM »
The You Tube is great! Looks and sounds awesome. Is that the stock cam in the 6.1 or did you "build" the motor? It sounds like it has a nice lope to it.

Thanks for all the updates!
Wes