Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226375 times)

Offline TROUBLE987

yea i love the car!!!could ask questions for hours...i wished i could see pics from start to finished!!!for some reason they dont show up!!!but anyways nice job!!!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Hi guys been a while since I've been on here. The short story is I've been in a funk  :violin: The garage that I lease is up at the end of the year and I don't think I can afford to renew the lease. Then I have to figure out what to do with the cars. yuck. Translated, I haven't been doing as much on the car as I would like. Its also been birthday season in the family so thats my whine.

I haven't been devoid of progress though  :grinno: I got the side glass in boy is that a pain. Not real happy with the XV power windows. pretty weak. I did finally get the glass to fit perfect. Its all tinted a medium gray and the stainless strip between the front and rear is black so it looks sharp like one piece of glass when up.
I have been working on the center console and the over head console. ( its a Gran coupe ) plan on keeping the one piece head liner and console. Covering it with suede. Got a lot more electrical bits done. power door locks, windows, puddle lights in the doors.
Sold a bunch of extra parts so I have started getting a few pieces of the entertainment system. ( down scale from the original plan but should still be nice ) Also thinking about getting a upholstery sewing machine. Hay I've done every thing else why not try upolstering it?  :lol:

Left the camera at the garage so no pics  :picture:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

ok this car is sick!!!! i like it better than the rogan or whatever his name is cuda... that sick fissh one!
llove your car ...  :cooldancing:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
heres a few pics. of the side glass. Put the door jamb end seals on. theres so many little things.  :P I used fiber glass and repaired / reinforced the headliner fiber board. Got it covered with suede. It was fairly easy. Covered  the sail panels and the overhead console. Maybe next weekend I can install the head liner!

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
The car is looking amazing, thanks for the update. Too bad about the lease situation, I guess the good news is its still only April and you have some time.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Mopey Mopar

I knew you could do the headliner.  :clapping: LOOKS great.

Can't wait to see it in the car next week. If you need some help let me know.

Looks like MY CAR will not be released from PAINT Prison :swear: until the 1st of May. Ran into some issues today (Sunday).

MM 

Offline Justins72

the car is looking awsome really like the smooth headliner and console. I have been looking for a good shape challenger se headliner or someone that repops them for awhile but no luck.  What your plans for the rest of the Interior panels?

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Wow, that headliner looks great!!! :drool:  This is such a cool car on so many levels! :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Got the headliner in by my self  :woohoo: wasn't sure that was a good idea but it went well and came out sweet. Smells like progress again. I went back and forth on weather or not to cover all the window trim with suede I had all the pieces redone and ready to go ( without covering them ) I put most of them in to hold the roof up and get a look. I think it looks good. We'll see. I think all the screws need to go black either way. The OHC came out better then I thought. The air ride is in the front. The buttons are for fog lights, halos, and trunk release. Did the LED thing to the dome. Had to redo the trim twice to get it right. Restored the mirror also. Still need to do the visors in suede. Need a upholstery sewing machine.  :grinyes:

Offline Mopey Mopar

Looking GOOD.  :bigsmile: I am glad you were able to complete the headliner by yourself. Sorry my schedule took me out as a helper.

MM

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

:dupe: :woo: :misbehaving: :swaying:

love the paint job

Offline TROUBLE987

nice man..you have some good touch..i think im going to steal alittle of your ideas in my car..i got a grand coupe myself and i was going to trash the over head but you showed me how to work it back into what im wanting to do...very nice,i might even try to do my headliner too...

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
I agree man..you have some great ideas.

I may have to look for a Gran Coupe headliner and overhead console for when I redo mine.

Jason
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline spooledx2

Awesome build! Do u have anymore of the build pics anywhere? Most of the links seem to be broken. Thanks

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Thanks guys, always glad to inspire. Its the camaraderie of all you Mopar nuts that keeps me inspired!  :wave:

Do u have anymore of the build pics anywhere?

I have quite a lot of pics on face book and myspace
http://www.facebook.com/TwistedFish

http://www.myspace.com/camopar

Theres a lot of the early pics on flickr then they wanted money so I quit uploading

http://www.flickr.com/brinkenterprise

Oh look what I got today! my wife was nice enough to wait at DMV for me  :-*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010 - 09:37:37 PM by conv340 »