Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226373 times)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #690 on: September 06, 2010 - 04:41:47 PM »
I heard you will take care of this year`s CC.Com calendar...    :drool: :drool: :drool:
*** Bart ***

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #691 on: September 06, 2010 - 05:35:25 PM »
THAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL 70 CUSTOMIZED CUDA I HAVE EVER SEEN!! Good job! WOW! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #692 on: September 06, 2010 - 05:45:22 PM »
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Coolest Cuda there iz  :clapping:  WoW IT IS STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #693 on: September 06, 2010 - 07:41:51 PM »
good to see your on the road with her Bob  :bigsmile: wont be long now that the trans is working better and you'll be cruising all over the place.  :burnout:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #694 on: September 06, 2010 - 11:49:45 PM »
 :bananasmi  Way to go Bob. Glad to here the good news.

I put about 200 miles on my car this weeend. 

MM

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #695 on: September 07, 2010 - 03:09:56 PM »
When do we get to congratulate you on your magazine feature article and cover art?   :droolingbounce:
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #696 on: September 07, 2010 - 03:14:06 PM »
Glad to here you got to put some miles on it.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #697 on: October 03, 2010 - 11:23:34 PM »
Upholstery update. I been playing with the sewing machine and learning "custom" upholstery. I think I've finally got something to show you guys. It's kinda fun but you need lots of patients! I started on scrap then moved to the trunk easy flat pieces. Needed something that said Mopar and or 'Cuda but in a modern and custom kinda way. duh... like the rest of the car. The sub woofer bezels are actual tail light trim that has been adapted. The LEDs turn on with the trunk and make them look more like tail lights. The Infinity subs are brushed aluminum so the reflection is awesome! I tried to match all the curves to the ones on the tail panel. the orange piping matches the pinstripes on the car really nice.

On a different note the lease is up on the "garage" and we've been looking for a new home for the Mopars.  Where were at is to expensive. We found a smaller place closer to my work that looked good. Went though all the hoops only to find the owner decided he didn't want cars in the building. This is actually very common about 70 % of Ware house space wont allow automotive use. Getting them to understand the difference between a hobby shop and a business is painful. This guy gave us no indication there would be any problem at all until we made an offer then changed his mind. We are running out of time now and are talking to our current landlord about a short term 1yr lease at a much reduced rate. The good news is he likes us and how nice we keep the place.

Haven't driven the car do to lack of seats at the moment. Did make a custom fit carpet. and I'm starting to work on the inside panels. they needed to be modified to fit the bigger wheel tubs and channel job.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #698 on: October 03, 2010 - 11:37:31 PM »
Most of the pic were from my phones camera not very good heres a few more, a couple from a real camera  :rofl:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #699 on: October 04, 2010 - 09:01:11 AM »
this whole thread I`ve got the feeling I can post the same smiley on every reply....  :worshippy :worshippy :worshippy   it`s not just your craftmanship, but your vision and creativity are top notch as well....   I`d love to see your car in real life one day.  :cheers:
*** Bart ***

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #700 on: October 04, 2010 - 12:43:46 PM »
Holy Crap!  That looks KILLER!!
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline usraptr

« Reply #701 on: October 04, 2010 - 01:27:27 PM »
As usual, outstanding craftsmanship and attention to detail!!  :2thumbs:
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #702 on: October 10, 2010 - 11:56:33 PM »
Well we signed a 1 yr lease on our current location with a bit of a break on the  :money:. So the "kids" have a place to sleep for a while. Not moving is nice! A big thanks to my wife for doing all the leg work on getting us settled. See what fortune brings us next year.  :dunno:
Have a few more pics of the interior for you. Did the front kick panels and rear panels. Wanted something different then the usual organic pod for the speaker that you see on all the hot rod shows. definitely need something to move the speaker out just not enough room in the factory kick panel for decent speakers. Notice the little infinity logos back on the custom grill  :biggrin: I don't I thought it was a nice touch. I also added a lower panel to the underside of the dash to finish it off. The door panels and rears will be suede for the centers and leather on the outsides. With the orange stripe in the groove. I added a courtesy light to the bottom of the rear panel ( like a convertible has) to light up the rear foot wells

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #703 on: October 11, 2010 - 02:23:30 AM »
this whole thread I`ve got the feeling I can post the same smiley on every reply....  :worshippy :worshippy :worshippy   it`s not just your craftmanship, but your vision and creativity are top notch as well....   I`d love to see your car in real life one day.  :cheers:

I double agree   
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #704 on: October 11, 2010 - 08:11:07 PM »
What??? No window crank holes or swtiches for the rear quarter glass. Those panels are trick. Great job.
So! When do you start taking on outside work.

MM