Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226482 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2007 - 09:39:35 PM »
Awesome work, Conv340!!!! :worshippy :worshippy :worshippy :worshippy
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Travis72

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2007 - 11:50:10 PM »
Wow!   :worshippy

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2007 - 01:35:31 AM »
 :clapping:  That is looking good,  keep it up  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2007 - 08:41:30 AM »
Thanks for the update. Your work is amazing!!!!  :cheers:

I don't know where you got your skills, but if you could pass some around I'll take some! This project of yours is a total inspiration for me. No, I'm not going to channel anything soon, but I gotta say I'm anxious to see the result. It makes me a little less afraid of ripping my car apart. Your car is going to be outrageous. If you go with bigger wheels it will probably fit the "look" of this car.

Do you know what color scheme your going with?

Great work!

Wes

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2007 - 01:49:07 PM »
Your crazy!  Nice work :thumbsup:  I dont think i have the patience for all that.
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2007 - 01:22:10 AM »
I've had requests for some of the early pics that have been deleted.  :nono: I know it's necessary but it would be nice to keep them all on here  :grinyes:
Anyway I've been putting lots of photos up on Flicker under http://www.flickr.com/photos/brinkenterprise/ or with any luck you can search for twisted fish and Cuda and find them. Also I do a weekly update on my blog at http://360.yahoo.com/brinkenterprise
Your crazy!  Nice work   I don't think i have the patience for all that.
  :crazy: So I've been told and sometimes I think your right. It's like an addiction I'm not kidding  :1zhelp: It costs as much,  but at least you get something more then a hangover.
I have a new Idea. I have been working on the idea of a front bumper delete for a while I think it looks good. But to make it match It would be really nice to make the rear bumper a "delete" also. Basically modify a bumper to to fit with no seam between it and the quarters and the tail panel. ( like a new car) You would have to keep the gap at the valance for access.  :thinkerg: make it stop!
Do you know what color scheme your going with?
I think the pics a page or two back are still there of my panel wagon. Some sort of purple would be my top choice, but some of the new copper orange colors look pretty cool. The bummer is it would clash bad with the Hemi-orange convertible  :eek4:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2007 - 09:02:50 AM »
Thanks for posting your blog and photos. Your car and talents are beyond words. I like what you are doing with the battery recess in the back too. I was just thinking of that for my plans also since I'm going coil overs in the back too which frees up that space.

I can't recall if you have posted what EFI computer/system you'll be using on the hemi? I've just purchased a new 6.1 and will have to decide this also. Thoughts? Experience? Are you using the stock ECU since it was a pull out?

Keep us posted---now that we have your blog site it'll be easier.

:wow: :wow:

Offline rtgambit

• Member since March 31, 2003
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2007 - 12:20:09 AM »
I've had requests for some of the early pics that have been deleted.  :nono: I know it's necessary but it would be nice to keep them all on here  :grinyes:
Anyway I've been putting lots of photos up on Flicker under http://www.flickr.com/photos/brinkenterprise/

I've gotten around the picture cleanup by pointing the IMG SRC (html code) to the pictures on my website. Take a peek at my Dark Horse project to see it in action: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=16491.0
Matthew
1967 Dodge Dart GT
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2014 Ram 1500

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2007 - 10:32:28 PM »
I've gotten around the picture cleanup by pointing the IMG SRC (html code) to the pictures on my website. Take a peek at my Dark Horse project to see it in action:
I'll have to try that. But let my just say It's nice to know I'm not Alone in being crazy.  :lol: I love seeing all the Mopars that get saved!
Quarters are on! For good!  :woo: I know its just the next small step, but it feels like a major mile stone.  The quarter panels are on! Both sides are fully welded and installed. Over all I would say they are a very nice piece. GoodMark did good. Even if they are made in Taiwan. Definitely need to bolt every thing up and match all the body lines before welding. You could be in a world of hurt if you mounted it off just a little bit! I checked and adjusted several times before finally welding them in.

I bought a hole punch from Harbor Freight to make the holes for plug welding it works pretty good. Much better then drilling all those holes.  The result is a very nice weld that looks like a spot weld. good for in the door jam and such.
I had been waiting for a valance and trunk lid. It took two tries for UPS to get me a undamaged valance.

The trunk lid finally showed up Friday afternoon, made my day! The funny thing was the driver for the freight company is watching me check for damage and asked what it was. I gave the obvious answer a trunk lid!  He's rolls his eyes and says yeah but what for? A 70 'Cuda. His eyes start scanning the shop. Long story short.  :blah: It turns out he has a 71 'Cuda. Not just any Cuda but a Black on Black car that according to him stared in Phantasm! That would be a cool piece of Mopar Lore. Now if your like most people I've told this too your going What?  If your smiling then you know it's required Mopar Viewing.
If you go rent it just be warned I didn't say it was a "GOOD" movie just a good Mopar flick!

Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2007 - 10:38:55 PM »
I've got nothing to say to that except

:2thumbs:

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007 - 09:02:07 AM »
 I agree :worshippy

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2007 - 09:12:25 PM »
Super job you did!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline thelittles

• Lifes Good
    • Dan's Restorations & Family
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2007 - 09:18:22 PM »
That is a truely awesome job. 

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2007 - 09:43:05 PM »
UPS driver has the Phantasm car?

:rofl:

Lookin' good man!  I'm surprised you had good luck w/the trunklid.  Heard those repops suk.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2007 - 06:54:53 PM »
What a nice ride, I have been following your progress and can't wait for more.  Great look car when it is done, guaranteed
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220