Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226480 times)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2007 - 01:20:14 PM »
So when are you going to buy Ron out of that shop anyway?
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2007 - 02:08:35 PM »
Looks REALLY good - but I am still perplexed over the UPS guy with the original Phantasm car. You simply cannot let brown walk into your shop and make a claim like that without some suporting documentation!  Hasn't that car been MIA for some time now?
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2007 - 12:52:42 AM »
Ok at the risk of hijacking my own thread. I get, as I'm sure we all do, lots of people who tell you I used to have a Cuda or I know where there is this... Most of the time its just B.S. and wishfully thinking. But the Phantasm thing is kind weird. The guys story fits really creepy ( no pun intended) with the best story I have found so far about the first movie. Which was sold in '80 and disappeared. He said he bought it in '80 because the guy couldn't pay the bill for the repair work. for the tidy some of $1000 same as the story. OK  So maybe he reads the Internet and fed me a line? He has my card because he wanted to know if I was interested in helping him "fix it up" If he calls I will ask questions. I did tell him I'd like to see it and he said it was at his parents house in another state. He has no place to keep it. I kinda blew it off at that point but you guys got me to thinking.
So when are you going to buy Ron out of that shop anyway?
Ron knows I'm ready when he is, but to be honest, I know I'm in a sweet spot. I'm not complaining ( to much) :hyper: He's afraid the Pentastar would take over the blue oval in his absence   :grinyes:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2007 - 02:01:07 PM »
I think you could do both the mopar stuff and ford and be ok. The demographics aren't as good with just Chrysler. I think it would be tough to be just a mopar shop. Even Jenkins works on stuff other than mopars.....

I agree though, where you are now is a really good deal.
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2007 - 09:50:37 PM »
A few more updates since the quarters are on. I finally made the new rear torque boxes to match the fronts. I put all the little brackets on for the brake lines, air lines, level sensors. etc. Man all the little things eat up so much time. The good news is that allows the credit card to cool off!  :eek4: Once all the things that needed welding were on I sealed up the under side with rust bullet and seam sealer. I finally got my rear axles cut down and my diff assembled and in place. So I could check back spacing for wheels. You know what that means? I ordered my tires and wheels!  :woohoo: there goes the back account. I went Viper size. 345/30/19 out back and 275/35/18 up front. on Boze pro-touring wheels. Man I can't wait to see it sitting on its own four wheels.
I also got my second hood. This one fits and clears the Elephant. So this weekend I made a new cold air intake for it. It ended up better looking then I expected and might even have some ram air benefits! if you look close at the pic of the front of the car you can see the air intakes in the corner of the lower grill.
I have also been talking more about my tranny dilemma and FAST should have a trans controller soon. I have pretty much decided to scrap the factory computer ( way to limiting ) and use the FAST XFI system. After driving my Friends SRT8 some more I'm just not sure I want a auto any more. I think the TKO 600 stick would be a lot more fun and way stronger. Just have to waist some more time on the body to scrape up some more  $$

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2007 - 09:56:16 PM »
WOW!!!  That thing is AWESOME!!!  As far as the rims are concerned, did you concider the foose style ralleys?  It might have been mentioned but what is the paint scheme going to be?  Are you keeping it stock with a hockey or are you going radical?  What did you use for frame connectors?

Cuda Guy   
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007 - 11:18:49 PM »
Sweet setup for sure. :2thumbs:

I like your choice of rims.  Going to go w/Boze (diff. style) for my Chally.

I would go w/stick shift.  T-56 6-speed.

How about a slicker induction system?  E.g.:

or

:droolingbounce:
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2007 - 12:19:14 AM »
check out  Budnik wheels :icon16:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007 - 12:52:41 AM »
Looking good    :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2007 - 09:22:47 PM »
 :cheers:
I love the wheels. I really like the Boze wheels too. Great looking. That is going to look wicked with the 345's on the rear.
Nice!

Wes

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2007 - 09:52:19 PM »
I cant wait to see this one done!   :popcorn:

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline JS23U0B

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2007 - 11:45:55 PM »
That intake, and piping is so bada$$, you will by far have one of the best custom Cuda's ever made! 
 :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007 - 11:50:25 PM by JS23U0B »

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2007 - 09:19:47 AM »
 :iagree:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2007 - 01:41:40 PM »
Thanks for all the great feedback. I got some stupid summer cold  >:( Went into my throat and I lost my voice. can barely talk. but I can still type  :chatting: ha ha. needless to say I haven't done a **** thing to the Cuda this week.
It might have been mentioned but what is the paint scheme going to be?
The leading idea is dark purple ( on the blue side) I painted a panel wagon that color I'll repost a pic of it. Mazda also has a new purple out that looks good. I'll do the top of the hood and fenders "AAR style" with either a slightly darker purple or a mat clear over the same purple? I will also use  the second color for the hockey stick stripe and on the tail panel and grille. A very subtle two tone using factory inspired graphics.   
I think every body loves the look of the velocity stack intake. with modern fuel injection they are much more drivable then before. Unfortunately they are still no where near the drivability and broad flat torque of the newer plenum manifolds. Its also hard to get a good looking air cleaned and fresh cold air into the motor! Believe it or not this car will be driven a lot. ( I sold my pro-street Panel to build it because I never drove it)
The first goal of this car was everything must work like a '08 Cuda ( That they will never build ) Tight smooth and reliable. Looking good and going fast are a duh...  :bigsmile:
As far as the rims are concerned, did you consider the Foose style rallies?
When Foose first built those wheels and put them on the GoodGuys giveaway car I wanted them real bad. Billet Vintiques has a similar wheel that just never did anything for me. at first you couldn't buy the ralley from Foose, then it was offered with lots of rivets around the edge  :eek7: not for me. Buy the time he decided to sell the good looking ones I had decided I wanted something more aggressive? less bling? Don't get me wrong I still like them I just don't think they fit this Twisted Fish. I would like to put them on my wifes black 70 R/T Challenger. That will have to come much later $$.
I must have looked for, well since I started a year ago, for the "right" rims there's so many now it starts to dull your senses. the only others that made it to the final selection were a similar rim from Fiske and BBS. I love Alloway's wheels on the black challenger but he doesn't sell them. I also like retro five spokes and mini-lights that are out. ( I have Junkyard dogs on my Chally already.)
Well back to rest some more.
Some of my inspiration pics

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2007 - 04:56:23 PM »
What hood is that? I know it's an AAR but which brand? I have a feeling the Year 1 hood is big $$$ and it probably has that bow in it like the originals, where it raises slightly above the fenders in the middle. Also, does it use factory hinges w/o the springs?
Great selection of wheel. I love them on Danic Patrick's Camaro.