Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226478 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2007 - 12:32:55 AM »
Always love the feed back. Tonight I was putting the front suspension back together in anticipation. Man I can't wait to see on the ground with its new wheels.  :jumping: I'm afraid I still have a couple of weeks left  :hyper:
Did you fab up some shorter brackets too?
I cut the factory brackets moved the bumper into the new location. Marked the brackets, trimmed and welded them in the new location. It actually took a couple of test fits to get it where I was happy but you get the idea.
Will you be hiding the mounting bolts also from the back and filling the rest of the rear valence at the now modified bumperettes?
All the mounting bold are now welded and smoothed. The seem around the bumperetts to the rear valance is about a quarter inch or less. The bumper can still be removed separately. You have to put the bumper on last ( after the valance ) because the bolts are hidden under the bumper now. That also meant welding the bracket bolts because you can't get a wrench in to hold the bolt.
A couple more bumper pics. you can see the bumper after being moved up before I added metal.
The top cap,
and the brackets.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Mike71Cuda

« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2007 - 02:39:41 PM »
I have some magazine contacts who would be real interested in the entire build up.
Any interest by you conv340?
Any idea of completion date?
Smitty

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2007 - 09:00:59 PM »
Wow, Great job on the bumper, it looks a lot cleaner.   :2thumbs:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2007 - 10:30:56 PM »
Wow, Great job on the bumper, it looks a lot cleaner.   :2thumbs:

Even better!!!
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2007 - 12:09:44 AM »
I have some magazine contacts who would be real interested in the entire build up.
Any interest by you conv340?
Any idea of completion date?
Smitty
Sounds interesting. I would love to talk to you about it. As far as a completion date I don't have one. Every time I set a date something gets in the way, but as you can see It doesn't sit much I put about 10 /20 hours a week in. I would like it to be done in 08.
I'll send you a PM with more info.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2007 - 01:08:09 AM »
I hate waiting!  :hyper: Still no rims. The rims still aren't here. I have moved into the body work faze  :eek4: I hate body work but it has to be done. I sealed up the inner fenders and the suspension is back on.
This is the first time it has sat on the ground in over a year and half! seeing it sit on its wheels, ugly that they are, was very motivational.  :)
The pic out side is at ride hight 49" to the crown of the roof. The one in the shop is slammed at 46"  :lol2: I have a set of air spring delete rods I can put in at either hight to mock it up.
I started to fill all the body cavities with expanding foam. This will make the body tighter, and quieter. The stereo will sound better also without vibrations. All the new cars do this. So monkey see monkey do!

I had to modify the new hood. It hits the brace on the back of the engine bay just enough to hold the back of the hood up. So I decided to play with fiberglass this weekend. I cut out the brace where it goes under the scoop and moved it up and re-glassed it in place to give more clearance. Then I started cleaning up the underside of the hood. Fiberglass parts are never very nice on the under side and we can't have that  ::) The hood now sits down where it belongs.
The power windows should be hear next week. Now how about some rims?

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2007 - 01:19:04 AM »
Looking real good  :2thumbs:

Lunch

Offline Travis72

« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2007 - 01:31:26 AM »
Once again, I am in awe of your skills.    :worshippy    I can't wait to see it with the rims and tires on with that low stance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline willhaven

« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2007 - 03:38:39 AM »
How did you get the striker on the AAR hood? I plan to do a pin-less AAR hood on my 71, but it's a bit of a question as to how we're going to pull it off at this point.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2007 - 12:24:59 AM »
How did you get the striker on the AAR hood?

You noticed. Usbody source has two hoods one has a full perimeter frame and reinforcements for the factory latch!  :naughty: I didn't want pins either.

http://www.usbodysource.com/

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2007 - 04:31:23 PM »
We're not worthy  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:   Your work is truly AWESOME!!
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline CudaDownUnder

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2007 - 07:28:30 PM »
That 46" stance is ridiculous. I love it!  :bananasmi
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda

Offline willhaven

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2007 - 12:32:51 AM »
You noticed. Usbody source has two hoods one has a full perimeter frame and reinforcements for the factory latch!  :naughty: I didn't want pins either.

http://www.usbodysource.com/

Thanks! Hopefully my guys didn't order my hood yet. Ah!

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2007 - 10:19:18 AM »
Looking great and real looowwww......awesome. That thing is going to be unbelievable.
The body cavity foam is a great idea. Any particular brand or type? I'd hate to try something that produced too much pressure and warp the straight bodypanels.

Anymore news on the engine management system or tranny? (maybe you already posted the tranny...I'd better look)

Offline willhaven

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2007 - 12:41:42 PM »
I assume it would be pretty hard to get expanding foam to distort the body panels. If there's a hole for it to go into, there's a hole for it to expand out of. The only likely danger is putting way too much foam in the cavity and having a mess on your hands.