Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226468 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2008 - 01:31:59 AM »
Maybe this was in the lost pictures.....but what are you doing for the Air Ride ride height sensors? Which type are you installing and do you have pictures of the mounts?
The ride pro setup with both hight and pressure sensors. I found some pics. The rear tab is above the upper arm and outside of where the exhaust goes.

But you are starting to give me an itch to build something custom like when I was younger in my 20's
Theres any number of real nice custom " pro-touring" E-bodys now, but when Sick Fish came out I was floored I wanted to build a Cuda like that so bad. I was afraid to go much farther then a resto mod on a E-Body Up till then it wasn't excepted. :villagers: I had built a Pro-Street 50 Dodge panel that was Radical but Cudas and Challenger are my Fav.  :drool:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2008 - 02:38:59 AM »
 :drool: I love that Panel Truck  :clapping:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2008 - 08:23:18 PM »
340conv...
What a great car you are making... :cheers:
 :2thumbs: can you post good shot of your rac and steering shaft please?
I am using the 6.1 headers and would like to copy your setup on my car. :dogpile:
Thanks
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2008 - 09:35:08 PM »
can you post good shot of your rac and steering shaft please?
Sorry for the delay  :( Been busy  :P
I'll post some pics, but remember My motor sits 2inches higher so it will be slightly differant, but the idea is the same. Using a three joint setup and a support bearing you can just about sneek by. You will also have to shorten up the column. ( If your going stock. ) I hade to play with it to get the center joint to not bind. Some one else ran the shaft behind the factory header but I had trouble making that idea work. :clueless:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2008 - 11:39:45 PM »
I thought I would give an update on what I've been up to. I have been working on the car just slowly.  >:( I've got the license plate modification done and the tail panel is now primed.
Maybe I should explain   ???  let me back up three weeks.
I started to clean up the rear license plate area and was complaining to some friends about the gap around the plate. Bad things happen when we start bench racing. After about 4 different versions of how to clean it up. I decided if you were going to do it right you would have to fill the hole and mount the plate from behind so just the numbers showed. So opening would be the size of the inside of a plate frame. With me on this? But I didn't want the work of relocating the fuel filler and making the plate swing in. I also didn't like the idea of using a fixed plate and filling the tank inside the trunk. My Dad comes up with the idea " Why don't you make it slide sideways"? Jumping forward  :biggrin: I bought a set of tool box drawer slides and used them to make a slide for the plate. The only trick is keeping the whole thing thin 5/8" to be exact. But It all fits. The plate and frame sits behind a fill plate and slide to the passenger side for fuel fill. I'm using a magnetic catch to hold the plate in the closed position. It works really slick.  The hardest part was making the frame to hold it all in perfect alignment. The key hole for the trunk is in there also. Back to this weekend.
 I spent a BUNCH of time making the panel perfectly flat ( At least a whole lot closer.  ) I had to do some work to make the tail light fit as flush as I wanted. I think something got warped when I molded the tail light bezels in.  :pullinghair: But it's all good now. I bought a white led light bar and mounted it to make sure I could light up the plate. It looks cool the light will hit the whole plate nice and even and not light up the frame or body at all!

I did a few other as well fixed a couple of flaws in the trunk lid and bumper. Gotta make it worth the time to get the gun out and set up for paint.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2008 - 04:34:19 AM »
Good to see you back buddy........................... :chatting:

That was a nifty little idea your Dad came up with, i like that very much. :drool:

Car is back on for more updates then................ :woohoo:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2008 - 09:38:25 AM »
thanks that helps a ton to see how you did that... :cooldancing:

:2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline 71_340Challenger

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2008 - 10:18:14 AM »
 :wow:Simply amazing work and craftsmanship! :droolingbounce:

Keep up the great work and keep posting the pics.
1971 Dodge Challenger                
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed manual
2009 Dodge Charger R/T w/ Road & Track Package
1995 Ford F-150

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2008 - 08:37:39 PM »
It's looking closer and closer to being complete. Great progress and skills. I love the updates!
Wes

Offline urgewalt

• ... Frankie says ... no more ...
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2008 - 10:30:04 PM »
Hi,

this is unbelievable ... awesome work !
Cheers

Alex
... Frankie says ... no more ...

I tryed the red pill ...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2008 - 12:03:30 AM »
I have a Three day weekend and very few obligations  :bananasmi So I thought I would share some pics of what I've been up to. If the pics look bad it because I forgot my camera and used my phone  :P If you remember I had this Idea for a bumper delete a while ago.  :thinkerg: I decided I would go for it. I think I  have about 40 hours in it so far but its finally ready for a little bondo.  I think I have test fit the "nose" at least 12 times now. The good news is since I'm long past the point of no return is I love the look.  :woo: Considering the number of mods on this car the funny part is this is the most visible. Most of them including the channel job ends up very subtle and you have to think about it to figure out why it's so different. The mesh on the grill is still in the beta mode. Tell me what you think. I would put the mesh in the scoop in the hood also to make it all match.
The first two are from a while ago when I was toying with the idea and the last is of the wife's car. Because I had to fix the exhaust and repair the rear sway bar mount on it. ( I think she is driving the car harder then she lets on  :dunno:)

Offline elitecustombody

• Supra collector
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2008 - 01:02:25 AM »
great job, I like the front bumper delete,how are you planning on keeping that tag area weatherproof? you know,in most states you will get a ticket for obstructing view of the the tag? the chicken wire don't look that good, if you end up using it, get it powdercoated black,

Stefan 
Stefan B

Elite Custom Body = AMD Sheetmetal & Glass at great prices !!

Don't do what's easy, do what's right!!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2008 - 11:47:59 PM »
I had to think about that for a minuet. I'm thinking you mean the rear plate not the front.  :clueless: I do have a mount under the front "bumper" for the front plate just in case.  :villagers: The rear plate will have a "fuzzy" weather strip on the lower side. Like you have on a window. I also installed a drain tube in the bottom of the pocket to let any water out. If you wanted it to be completely sealed you would need a box around the sliders inside the trunk but so far I have left it alone.
As far as the tags they can be seen fine the opening is the size of the inside on a plate frame. I'll post a pic its worth a thousand words  :D
IF I use the mesh it will be body color not silver. I might also use a stainless mesh instead of aluminum.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2008 - 02:28:47 AM »
The front end looks awesome! :drool:  That's really going to be one awesome, unique ride when it's all said and done. :grinyes:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2008 - 08:25:30 PM »
Great work but I am not sure about that grill metal ????    :faint:   It looks cheapish (no offence).
 What about thin billet rails ? :sly:   
Go Fast & Have Fun...