Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226472 times)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2008 - 05:58:21 AM »
Thanks, Dodgeboys, for the info!  :thumbsup:
Just in case I'm not he only one that hasn't heard of the Mopar Supercenter   http://www.moparsupercenter.com/
Looks like a very cool Mopar well umm... super center  ::)

Your welcome, Teds a great guy

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Ted@MPSC

• Mopar Supercenter
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2008 - 11:08:47 PM »
Damn, this car is sick!!!
I cannot wait to see this thing dressed in paint and sitting low sporting the new improved stance.
Awesome work here!

The more I see of this site, the more I like.  There are a great number of awesome rides here, my hat off to all of you.

:2thumbs:
Ted Harris
Mopar Supercenter
800-456-5337
www.moparsupercenter.com

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2008 - 11:44:20 PM »
I had a uninterrupted weekend. Except for paying taxes. >:( Saturday I got 12 hours on the Cuda!  :jumping: It's amazing how long fitting and finishing takes. The rear valance and front nose assembly are  fit and in prime.
I had most of the rear valance work done when I realized it no longer fit right. the drivers side gap was wrong.  ???In trying to figure out why and massaging it, I got the fun of repairing the body work. The good news it fits really great now. The gaps are less the 1/16" and flat. ( just enough for paint!)
The front nose will need a final fitting after I get the new fenders but its real close. I made the front spoiler removable. ( I figure I'll hit at least one small bump destroying it.  :swear:)  All the mounts are done but ran out of time before doing any body work to it.
On the computer front. I got the trans controller from PCS and the engine computer from FAST both look like nice units. I'll post a pic. The trans harness is far from plug and play but I knew that.
I also got the drive shaft made. It fits perfectly. I guess the measure twice thing works! The slip yoke on the drive shaft is the right diameter for a pre-made speed sensor so it makes that problem easy to solve.
I know I've said it before but thanks for the input and kudos.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Travis72

« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2008 - 02:22:14 AM »
Awesome!!!  The rear valance looks really sweet!  :ylsuper:

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2008 - 07:30:42 AM »
Thats a lotta stuff in them there boxes.  :faint:

Great woork on the car  :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2008 - 08:05:26 AM »
I really like the fit and finish of the over riders on the rear bar, and it fits the valance great. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Beck

• BECK KUSTOMS
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2008 - 04:46:42 PM »
awesome! i've been checking this car out on flickr, and always wanted more info...     finding this thread is a goldmine!

great work mate, can't wait so see the final result.

cheers,
aaron
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008 - 08:48:38 PM by aaron beck »

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2008 - 12:03:20 AM »
Thats a lotta stuff in them there boxes. 
And who know where it all goes!  :clueless: Theres going to be a lot of stuff packed under the dash!
awesome! I've been checking this car out on flickr, and always wanted more info...     finding this thread is a goldmine
Glad you found C-C your car looks cool. I should talk to you about your art skills!  :grinyes:
One little update. One step forward two steps back  :banghead: The FAST system comes with a nice 90mm Throttle body ( the factory is 85? ) The bummer is I made a nice intake tube for the factory unit and well the new one is much bigger. Making my many hours of labor go down the drain. The big bummer is it's not only bigger around its longer. Hopefully I can just rework the end and not the whole tee.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2008 - 12:45:11 AM »
Looking amazing!!!! :drool: :drool:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2008 - 03:04:23 AM »
  many hours of labor go down the drain. The big bummer is it's not only bigger around its longer. Hopefully I can just rework the end and not the whole tee.

:eek7: :22yikes:  :faint:
it would fit my car  :thinkerg:

good luck under the dash...
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2008 - 10:45:24 PM »
it would fit my car 

good luck under the dash...
Confederate Cuda wanted one too. I wish I could have a few made up to sell. But with my painfully slow rate. I'd go broke! 

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2008 - 11:10:04 PM »
Working on the list. The shop has been full the last couple of weeks making it tough to do body work. Which is ok because I'm tired of it anyway.  :eek4: I started a list ( one of many ) of things to to when not making dust! Theres all those little things that need to be finished before it goes off for paint. So this is whats been done in the last couple of weeks.

Quarter window drains. ( this has been bugging me for months.) When I removed the pinch weld on the bottom of the rocker panel I eliminated the drain for the rear quarter glass. So you can't even wash the windows for without fear of filling up the pocket and the return of our friend RUST.  :scared: Unfortunately it isn't as easy as drilling a hole in the bottom. ( It would open into the rocker and make more rust.) So after many ideas I finally made a "gutter" to channel the water to the corner of the door frame and made a small hole for it to drain. It's made of aluminum and sealed to the bottom of the pocket making a false floor to catch any water.

Modify shifter pocket. Making the compromise between the huge shifter and the spinning drive shaft! But it all fits now. I also put in the mounting nuts so the shifter can be bolted in.

Seal rockers. After thinking about water getting into the rockers I just hate thinking about the up painted rocker tunnel. I had the car dipped To remove all the rust. But now the inside of that sealed tube also has no rust proofing. I drilled two half inch holes under the sill plate then with a long straw with a nozzle on the end sprayed sealer in the pocket. We have a bore scope at the shop. After it dried I looked in side to see if I missed anything. Theres a couple of spots I missed but I'm out of sealer for now. I think I might fill the whole thing with expanding foam when done. Like the rest of the car.

Computer mounts. I have three "drive-line" computers and a bunch of other controllers. From experience I want to have a mounting place before I get it painted. Or you'll wish you could weld a tab hear or drill a hole there. I made a bracket for the three computers and tucked them up under the dash on the drivers side. Since it's a A/C car there isn't a vent, nice considering how little room is under there.

Wiring harness holes. See last entry. I also started looking at where all the harnesses go and how many. I may end up stripping and re-looming the whole thing to make a nicer fit.  :biggrin:

Intake tube. I redid the tube for a 4" throttle body. I won't tell you how many hours it took to make it smooth.

Gas pedal. Now that Its throttle by cable again I can remount my gas pedal. I used the original pedal and remounted it higher to compensate for the Channel job. I'll use a lokar cable. The dumb part is the Fast kit has no provision for a throttle cable bracket and the angle is bad on the throttle body. I think I'll end up making a small bracket and mounting it to the side of the upper plenum. ( I hope the aluminum is thick! )

The sad part is as you work you think of other things that you still need to do. I think the list is longer now then when I started.  ::)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2008 - 07:32:18 AM »
Hey Great Up Date !  :thumbsup:

I know what you mean about all the little things  :eek4: what a long list of little stuf I still have to do.

Nice brackets for all the boxes.  :thumbsup:

Call Indy they are using that throttle body, and see what they use for a cable mount.   :2cents:
Go Fast & Have Fun...

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2008 - 10:36:58 AM »
Very very nice.   :2thumbs:

I'd like to know more about how you're doing the speed sensor, what type of set-up.  I found out that with my electronic speedo, all I need to do is have any old cogged plate on the driveshaft with a sensor and calibrate it, and it works.  Just wondering what you had in mind.   :popcorn:

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2008 - 09:18:37 PM »
This car is coming along nicely!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002