Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226460 times)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2008 - 10:52:17 PM »
hemiken Re-read reply 232 by conv340. He even included a link.

I also started shooting Lizard Skin last weekend. A sound and heat coating. It goes on fairly easy with a under coating gun. http://www.lizardskin.com/

I'm thinking the real question is which of the 2 Lizard skin products is in the trunk?   :clueless:
The trunk pic is with the Sound Control formula the stuff is still wet in the pic it dried flat not glossy. The fender area is the Ceramic Insulation. I will put the ceramic on top of the sound control in side the car, but just use the ceramic under the car. The stuff is paintable so the under side will probably get a top coat of satin black or if I get silly body color.

Thanks guys................................ :2thumbs:
You both answered my question. :clapping:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2008 - 10:28:53 PM »
 :woo: 10,000 views unbelivable.  :rofl: Sorry I saw that number a got excited.  :screwy:

hmm. Dont have any cool new pics here.
must post a pic! ah ha  :thinkerg:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2008 - 12:43:54 AM »
I've been fitting the fenders to the doors hood and my one piece nose... That was built using the old fenders to get it close... Or not so close.  I could blame the new fenders but I really don't think they are the problem as much as how many things I've changed on the car. I had been fighting getting every thing perfect with the other fenders but was hoping it was the beat up fenders. Long story short. I backed up and corrected the problem. It involved cutting and welding finished pieces.  :banghead: Bummer but the result is nice. The fenders, hood and doors now all fit in perfect harmony and so far no body shims.  :) The nose has problems all its own. I'm going to have to modify it to be happy with the fit. Since the grill is a big part of that I decided to order a not so warped grille to use for final fitting.

Other tid bits. I rolled the fender lips for better tire clearance. Beating on the nice new fenders without damaging the outer lip was a bit nerve wracking! It came out great no distortion at all. 

The marker lights got molded in like the rears, and the antenna hole is filled. I still need to make a new piece for the bottom of the fender to match the rolled rockers.

The other thing I decided to check was the window trim to body. Ive seen to many cars with a uneven gap. it wasn't any better so I worked the body until the trim fit tight. Man some of the littlest things can eat up so many hours.

So lots of hours and little to show for it but I'm having fun.  :grinyes:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2008 - 02:00:58 AM »
Looking Good   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2008 - 07:10:03 AM »
Great progress,  the little things always do take the longest :faint: :2thumbs:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2008 - 07:32:51 PM »
Hope every one had a good 4th. I spent mine out at the horse barn with the wife and a bunch of her Friends. You can see fireworks all around the city pretty cool. We had a good time. Got stuck in a DUI check point four half an hour on the way home.  The joke was you could have been drunk when you entered the line and sober by the time you made it to the check point!  :drunk:

On Saturday I got invited to a SRT-8 club lunch. Since my SRT-8 isn't running yet, I brought the Convertible Challenger. They were let me join them anyway! We had a good time. Talked a lot about SRT performance parts and Mopars. The point is not as much got done as I planed. For a three day week end it was short.

I got a bunch of parts in this week. The new GoodMark grill made it in one piece. I also got a set of 70 mirrors. A bunch of clips and things need for fitting. I also got a set of 3" Cuda tips in stainless from Pgclassics. Wow they look great fully polished, very nice.  :clapping:

I have been working hard to get the nose to fit as good as I want. The grille wouldn't fit at all. The gaps were bad, but the biggest problem is the new fenders. The Head light bezel opening is shaped wrong. Like the metal press didn't fold the lip tight enough. So I got to beat up on the fenders for a while slowly reshaping the opening. Pretty much every thing had to have something changed.  :bricks1: A lot of work to do over. The grille now fits. All the Mechanical fitting is done. All the metal work is done. Including the metal work to the bottom of the fenders. They now match the rockers. Also the corners of the fenders, where the bumper delete meets, has been reworked to make the bumper finished. Now all thats left is my least favorite part the bondo.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008 - 12:13:50 AM by conv340 »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2008 - 11:22:46 AM »
 :wow:  :faint: It just gets better and better every time you work on it  :blah: :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2008 - 08:08:56 AM »
I love watching this thread. The car looks unbelievable! Your doing a great job. Lots of things I'd like to do to my car. Thanks for the inspiration!! And the updates!! I like how when things don't fit up right you make them fit. How you do it. You got a good eye.It looks soo nice and tight. That back end is fantastic! Sides are straight. Lot's and lot's of work.But it shows.And it is fun!  Doesn't have to be such a pain. Have fun with it,That's what this is about! I find that if I go into something with that mindset things usually go much better anyway.  Your car is beautiful.  :wow:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2008 - 10:35:50 AM »
I have been working hard to get the nose to fit as good as I want. The grille wouldn't fit at all. The gaps were bad, but the biggest problem is the new fenders. The Head light bezel opening is shaped wrong. Like the metal press didn't fold the lip tight enough. So I got to beat up on the fenders for a while slowly reshaping the opening.

You car is really getting there.  I can't imagine the metal work you have done.

What issues do you think guys like me who just want to replace stock fenders will have with the fender fit?  We have been waiting for these for a long time and I was really hoping they would be a good fit.
** Shane **

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2008 - 09:46:52 PM »
Doesn't have to be such a pain. Have fun with it,That's what this is about! I find that if I go into something with that mindset things usually go much better anyway.
You are absolutely right! Some times you get to close to the work, and can't see the progress. All in all this has been a absolute blast to build and I feel really lucky to be in a spot to build my dream car. :grinyes:
I know it has been said many times, both by me, and many others on this forum but this really is the best group of people. We help and motivate each other to keep doing what we all love most.  :working: Keep the feed back coming!

What issues do you think guys like me who just want to replace stock fenders will have with the fender fit?  We have been waiting for these for a long time and I was really hoping they would be a good fit.

I really think the fenders are a good piece. the only real problem I think most people would have is the shape of the head light bucket. At least on mine they needed to be curved under tighter for the bezel to fit right. That can be done with minor body work without damaging the out side of the fender. Most of the rest of my gripes have to do with wanting better then original gaps and all the mods I did.  :eek4: You have to expect some fitment time with any replacement panel. I for one am very glad Goodmark decided it was worth the investment to make so many new pieces.  :thumbsup:

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #250 on: July 17, 2008 - 06:13:45 AM »
Every bit of work you do is amazing. I wish I had you metal working skills and tools. I want to do my lower valance like yours, filled in and doing away with the plastic peice that goes there.
What grille is that? Is it a Goodmark grille as well? I've heard there are several different aftermarket grilles floating around and getting different components isnt good. For example,  OE buckets not one company's matching center, trim not fitting this or that brand, ...

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #251 on: July 17, 2008 - 06:29:15 AM »
I bet you could make some money making and selling those fron spoilers!

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2008 - 09:18:24 AM »
I bet you could make some money making and selling those fron spoilers!
:iagree:

I think it's part of the valence now. Looks cool!!   The whole car looks just amazing!! :faint:  Not even in paint yet.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2008 - 01:30:59 PM »
Just keep the Candy coming.......everything is Shweeeet :drool:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2008 - 11:06:23 PM »
The front spoiler does still come off. I figured It had to be removable because its going to get scraped off on the first bump!  :scared: I'd like to figure out how to make a small run of a couple off parts but I just don't seem to have any time to look into it. Maybe when The car is closer or I run out of money I'll figure out how to make money instead of spending it.  :grinno: