Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226431 times)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: "Twisted Fish" Channeling a 'Cuda
« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2009 - 10:25:09 PM »
I LOVE that dash!!!  That thing is sick bro.  You did an awesome job man.  If I wasnt such a stickler for period parts I would so want one of those in my car!!!  You might want to look at production costs on something like that and market it.  Great job man.

Don
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009 - 04:09:35 PM by The Cuda Guy »
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2009 - 11:37:37 PM »
You are being very sneaky and secretive about the whole paint job, i really look forward to seeing the unveiling sooner or later as it may be :bigsmile: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2009 - 11:35:54 PM »
You are being very sneaky and secretive about the whole paint job, i really look forward to seeing the unveiling sooner or later as it may be.

No Bob is writing everything that is going on with the car at the painters. I keep talking with him so I will know when to go over there to check out the car. Plus I will be asking the painter for a quote for painting my car.

MM

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #378 on: March 13, 2009 - 03:55:09 PM »
What are the three little words you never tell a body shop? "take your time" Well I've been working 4 day weeks for a few weeks now. ( Darn recession. ) Since the body shop has a time constraint on a 57 Chebby and I don't. I said it... "It's ok if you want to.. take your time"
 The good news is theres still progress. Very cool progress. Theres color on the doors, fenders, and nose!  :woohoo: I went over today to see if there had been any progress not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised to see all three colors!  :drool:
He will probably run a few other things through the booth before the body but I'm happy.
I took a few more pics. The pearl does funny things with the camera flash. So they done look as cool as in person. So far I'm realy liking the colors.  :droolingbounce:
I actually have nightmares about how this paint is going to turn out  :screwy: Other then dipping the body this is the only thing that I have not done myself. So its driving me nuts waiting. Jerry has given me nothing to worry about. He's put a lot of time and extra effort trying to make every thing as perfect as possible.  :worshippy
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #379 on: March 13, 2009 - 04:38:46 PM »
Sounds like things are on track. Post some pictures when you can, I'm looking forward to seeing your car...
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2009 - 11:20:48 PM »
You are being very sneaky and secretive about the whole paint job
All right heres a couple of pics not very good ones mind you but it will give the idea. :picture:
The first one shows the lay of the stripe so you have a guide when its apart. Then the black sealer on every thing but the stripe. and the colors.
oh a a couple other things hes working on

Offline chris5091

« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2009 - 11:27:18 PM »
Damn dude you hit the nail on the head with that. Awsome just awsome :wow:

Offline grimmey71

« Reply #382 on: March 14, 2009 - 12:03:32 AM »
out of pure jealousy I am gonna say "I hate you" there I said it, its out there, and I cant take it back

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #383 on: March 14, 2009 - 10:24:30 AM »
Oh my.  I was hoping those colors would look that good, and they dont. 

They look great together.   :bigshades:

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2009 - 05:12:03 PM »
Sweet dash man -thaks for sharing! :thumbsup:  I'm not going to "copy" you, but I plan on doing something similar.  Love the ideas that come from the people on this site! :grinyes:
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #385 on: March 14, 2009 - 05:37:02 PM »
cool,  I can`t wait to see it in sunlight...  :drool:
*** Bart ***

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2009 - 08:00:16 PM »
Its such a tease every time I go check on the car there's a little more color.  :jumping:
The rear valance and bumper are painted. The underside of the trunk and hood are painted. All the "black:" is done The engine bay tail panel etc. The engine bay was all covered so I just got a peek but It looked shinny  :grinyes:
He was having problems figuring out how to paint the door handles inside and out with out disassembly. I came up with a plan for a jig to hold the handle and allow it to open and close so you can get paint inside and out. The grill still needs to be painted It's giving Jerry lots of grief. It's going to by hard to paint and carry a gloss. The center fins will be satin black but every thing else I want to be the black pearl. With the "red" bars becoming orange bars. the bummer is you can see the back side of the grill looking down in the engine bay. You don't want to see fuzzy over spray so both sides of the upper fins have to be shinny.  :faint: I haven't done much more on the dash waiting to see the final bill for paint before I spend any more money I don't have.   :crying: The GoodGuys show in Pleasanton was incredible. There had to be 3000 cars there and by the afternoon, on a perfect 75 deg day, there was a LOT of people too. I think the body should have paint this coming week. We'll see  :hyper: Still have the mirrors, door handles, trunk hinges to paint as well.

Offline Travis72

« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2009 - 01:00:59 AM »
Can't wait to see it all done!  The grille sounds really interesting!!

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2009 - 10:19:23 PM »
 :woohoo: The painter called and said you might want to come down and take a look at this. So...
I just let you see the pics! I'm very happy its getting so close now I can smell it. Oh wait thats the paint fumes Mmmm...  :crazy:

Offline usraptr

« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2009 - 10:25:05 PM »
 :wow:  That baby is gonna shine in the sun!!  :2thumbs:
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.