Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226427 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish" Gets paint
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2009 - 12:20:05 PM »
It is so exciting to finally be at this point. Theres been plenty of times when I thought it would never be painted. I was just reminiscing. Its been over three years since I bought this project.  Originally for my wife.  ::) ( She ended up getting the Black Challenger.)  Two years cutting and fabing on the body trying to get it to look like what was in my head!
Everything looks great, must be so exciting!
Your only half a step behind me, SOON, very soon.  :drunk:
That looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!   Are you going with light weight hood springs on the hinges?  Or something else?

The hood has a full frame on it and is supposed to be ok with stock springs and latch. ( no hood pins  ) I have the light weight springs on it now. Feels good very little tension in the down position.  :dunno:
heres a pic of the underside of the hood.
and a few of the early pics I'm so glad I'm done with the rust!
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2009 - 01:45:41 PM »
 :woohoo:     getting out of the dirt is a great feeling!!   :clapping:   I would be flippin' out ! :rofl:    Can't wait for more pics!!!!!!   :picture:     Right on dude!!  :ylsuper:   :bigsmile:   
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #407 on: April 25, 2009 - 12:09:07 AM »
O.K.! Next Friday will be MAY 1.

Will the Twisted Fish be coming home from the body shop??? Huh? Huh?

M.M.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #408 on: April 26, 2009 - 11:35:11 AM »
O.K.! Next Friday will be MAY 1.

Will the Twisted Fish be coming home from the body shop??? Huh? Huh?

Good question! Most of the body is rubbed out and ready to be reassembled, But nothing is hung back on the car. There's a little more work on the jams he wants to finish before reassembly. ( They look good to me  now. ) The fenders haven't been polished yet and the hood is still waiting. But I think every thing else is ready. He said it should be ready in " about a week" I think it will be two weeks? Theres always little details that show up. Like the one mirror, a re-pop, had some bubbles in the casting. Looked fine with the epoxy primer on it but after sealing it all up with paint, three tiny bubbles appeared under the paint. After taking it back down you see there's pits in the casting.
Heres a few more pics. I know they all start looking the same, I cant wait to see it assembled   :hyper:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009 - 12:10:01 PM by conv340 »

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #409 on: April 26, 2009 - 12:15:08 PM »
Other news.
I haven't been doing much on the dash I did get the headlight and wiper switch I wanted and I'm now waiting for a piece of aluminum tube to make the recess hole ( like the gauges ) to mount them in. Things have become real tight right now. I have to make sure I have the money for the paint.  :money: I have been trying to get the headlights I want. It turns out the set I bought a year and a half ago, one of them is defective. I have 7" projector lamps with a white halo. The one halo only partly lights up and the leds are sealed in the unit. The ebay seller is long gone. I have searched and searched for somebody that is selling the ones I'm looking for but the only one out there now have "blue" halos not cool or legal! I got a reply that this guy has the lights I want with the correct "white" so I order them and what do I get? Not white or blue but NO halo and black reflectors??  :pullinghair: thay won't even put out much light. ( does look kinda cool in black though. ) So back they went and the search goes on.  :ebay:

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009 - 12:18:11 PM by conv340 »

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #410 on: April 26, 2009 - 12:36:41 PM »
Hey Bob,
Your project is looking great! Good luck with the headlights, I looked forever to find those and finally gave up and just used a projector type headlight without halo's. I'll be glad to see it when it is complete. I should have mine finished up in a couple of weeks and will try to post some pictures but I have been traveling lots and don't get here very often to post. I am still having trouble with my XV windows  :villagers: I finally gave up and it is at a body shop now so they can give it a try. Did you ever see if yours work correctly?

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #411 on: April 26, 2009 - 05:32:23 PM »
I am still having trouble with my XV windows 
Guess I will get to find out about that soon  :thumbsup: I never actually put the glass back in I made the modified brackets and it looked good  :dunno:

Good luck with the headlights, I looked forever to find those and finally gave up and just used a projector type headlight without halo's.
Yea obviously somebody made them I have a set! I'm also making a set of HID projector driving lights with a white halo. You also were looking for dual beam HID conversion H4 bulbs did you finaly find them there out there. if you don't see them under " dual beam H4 HID " Try telescoping H4 its kinda funny they actually use a solenoid to move the hid bulb in and out in order to refocus the high and low beam. They seem to work.
The last pic is the black ones with no halo.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009 - 05:34:41 PM by conv340 »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #412 on: April 28, 2009 - 07:11:52 AM »
 :wow:

The head lights look cool I wish I had a set for my challenger  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update :popcorn:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #413 on: April 28, 2009 - 12:57:02 PM »
 :iagree:

:drool:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #414 on: April 28, 2009 - 04:07:38 PM »
 :clapping: Looking good.
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #415 on: April 28, 2009 - 09:37:40 PM »
Look great, but a word of caution on those headlights...

I have a set for my truck.  After about 3 minutes of high beam operation, those small lenses melted right out.  I had to heat them up in the oven, remove all of the crap glue, and re-glue them with super glue.  They've held since.  And mine are full of fog. 

I dont reccomend them.  Sorry a little late for the review.  Just thought I'd let you know.  Looks awesome though. 

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #416 on: May 01, 2009 - 12:08:43 AM »
 :bigsmile: Ok so tomorrow I go inspect the car and if all goes well It comes home TOMORROW  :jumping: :crazy: :faint: breath... breath. Sorry its kinda like Christmas eve when your 12!  :lol2: Tonight I'm running around looking for the camera like a crazy man and can't find it any where. If theres one time I need the stupid thing.  :pullinghair: I took the pics of the lights at the shop and left it there. Guess I better head back and get it. I figured if anybody would understand the anticipation I have right now it would be you guys!  :dogpile:

Offline Mentally Challenged

« Reply #417 on: May 01, 2009 - 01:50:44 AM »
I like the color, that thing is awsome
Chris, Ohio

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #418 on: May 01, 2009 - 03:30:12 AM »
yup.... keep breathing, and have a nice day   :cheers:  :cooldancing:
*** Bart ***

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #419 on: May 01, 2009 - 06:18:27 AM »
:bigsmile: Ok so tomorrow I go inspect the car and if all goes well It comes home TOMORROW  :jumping: :crazy: :faint: breath... breath. Sorry its kinda like Christmas eve when your 12!  :lol2: Tonight I'm running around looking for the camera like a crazy man and can't find it any where. If theres one time I need the stupid thing.  :pullinghair: I took the pics of the lights at the shop and left it there. Guess I better head back and get it. I figured if anybody would understand the anticipation I have right now it would be you guys!  :dogpile:

New paint is better than having the wife have a baby  :bigsmile:

ok second best...
Good Luck  :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...