Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226421 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: "Twisted Fish" Gets paint
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2009 - 03:14:48 PM »
How has the fitment on the AirRide been working for you? Im running it on my 68 Charger and its had a couple issues with the 4-link length.
I didn't have any length issues. The only problem I had was the upper bag mount was in a bind. It would bolt together but would have caused early shock failure. Of course I ended up modifying almost every thing and adding a few reinforcements.  :icon16:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2009 - 08:40:33 PM »
Wow..looks good man.  I like the paint...I was hoping you would go a little more wild to be honest...but its not my car and it still looks great!   :2thumbs:

Any chance you have any head on or front 3 quarter shots...I love what you did with the front end. :bananasmi

Thanks Jas
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2009 - 11:53:18 PM »
Wow..looks good man.  I like the paint...I was hoping you would go a little more wild to be honest...but its not my car and it still looks great!   
I was going for subtle   ;) One of the goals ( of many  ::) )was to enhance but not detract from the beauty of the original car. Make it as clean as possible but simple. I wanted to keep at the little details that make it a 'Cuda but enhance the things that assembly line work doesn't allow. So the paint kinda had to follow. I'm not sure I did a good job wording that  :dunno:
My favorite car at any car show is the one that looks better then the rest but your not sure why. So you spend hours looking at it trying to see all the changes.  ( I am by no means implying that my creation is to that level! but I can dream!  :bigshades: )
Any chance you have any head on or front 3 quarter shots...I love what you did with the front end.
Heres a few, can't wait to put the grille in and spoiler back on!

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #453 on: May 12, 2009 - 03:42:46 AM »
That Black paint just looks so deep :drool: it is way cool :bigshades:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline lilian

« Reply #454 on: May 12, 2009 - 11:29:55 AM »
gorgeous  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wow: :wow:
BS23N0B

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #455 on: May 12, 2009 - 03:07:13 PM »
Good fab work, nice color choices, all in all I'd have to say that this thing has turned out fantastic!   You have one HOT car sir.  :ylsuper:
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline Beck

• BECK KUSTOMS
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2009 - 06:55:20 PM »
stunning mate, absolutely stunning.
looking forward to glamour shots when she's all done.
center fold material for sure!

exceptional work.

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #457 on: May 13, 2009 - 08:21:09 PM »
I was going for subtle   ;) One of the goals ( of many  ::) )was to enhance but not detract from the beauty of the original car. Make it as clean as possible but simple. I wanted to keep at the little details that make it a 'Cuda but enhance the things that assembly line work doesn't allow. So the paint kinda had to follow. I'm not sure I did a good job wording that  :dunno:
My favorite car at any car show is the one that looks better then the rest but your not sure why. So you spend hours looking at it trying to see all the changes.  ( I am by no means implying that my creation is to that level! but I can dream!  :bigshades: )Heres a few, can't wait to put the grille in and spoiler back on!

Thanks man, I think that looks great. 

I get what you are saying and can certianly appreciate that, and can see that in yours.  I think you articulated that with your decision on how to modify the bumperetts.

Your workmanship is second to none.  And I think, from your pics, that is certainly a car that you woudl look at and say, its diffenrt, modified, but how.  At first blush, I think people may even miss the fact that the front bumper has been integrated.  I thin your car is absolutley at that level.

My theme for my cuda is all hot rod... but in a stripped down version.  My car has very few options from the factory, so I am going with that and making it sort of a roadrunner version of a cuda.  But I want a full custom paint job...but that is me.   
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #458 on: May 25, 2009 - 03:51:23 AM »
So how is it going so far, parts going back on?
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #459 on: May 25, 2009 - 01:06:22 PM »
I love your 'Cuda but everytime you post a pic of it sitting next to that vert I get distracted   :wave:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #460 on: May 25, 2009 - 07:26:29 PM »
My theme for my cuda is all hot rod... but in a stripped down version.  My car has very few options from the factory, so I am going with that and making it sort of a roadrunner version of a cuda.  But I want a full custom paint job...but that is me.   
Sounds like a good plan to me.  :thumbsup:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #461 on: May 25, 2009 - 07:33:11 PM »
I love your 'Cuda but everytime you post a pic of it sitting next to that vert I get distracted   
I think thats part of my problem too! I took the Challenger out for a good run this week end but that ment I didn't get as mush done as I had hoped on the 'Cuda. The real bummer is after running it all weekend with no problems at all, I got back to the garage and the starter failed.  :banghead: I guess it could have been worse it could have happend on the other side of town. somthing else to fix.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #462 on: May 25, 2009 - 07:43:49 PM »
So how is it going so far, parts going back on?
Slowly!  :pullinghair: I have done a few things. The biggest one is even with all his masking I still wasn't happy with the Paint on the cross member and the Lizard skin is very dry and flat so all the rubbing compound stuck to it. I spent hours cleaning every thing. Then touched up the bed liner. It's a lot scarier to mask and paint things AFTER the body is done  :22yikes: But you cant really assemble any thing until you finish the paint.
I did put some stainless back on for fun just to see it look more like a car!  :drool:
the last pic is what happens when you spend to much time just goofing around staring at the car! still can belive its painted.  :crazy:

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #463 on: May 26, 2009 - 02:55:27 PM »
The last pic reminds me of the terminator with a mini gun.     ::)           T-CUDA      Manacing ride man!!
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #464 on: May 27, 2009 - 11:54:56 PM »
T-CUDA      Menacing ride man!!
Menacing... I like menacing!  :grinyes:
Hay good news the Challenger didn't loose the starter after all just a loose connection on the neutral safety It would start to engage shaking the car just enough to make the connection fail. making the starter bang back and forth sounded bad! Guess I was diving a little to spirited!  Made that connector just fly off!  :burnout:
The bad news is during the flu bug I was coughing so hard I may have pulled a groin muscle or a hernia or something. hurts like heck. May need to go see the doctor and see whats going on.