Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226416 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
I was going to use the one Newport engenereing makes or sells, Ron Francis also sells it. It's a real nice "all in one" that I have used before, works with almost all of the wipers out there, but I don't think it will work with a variable speed Mopar wiper. It needs the polarity inverted on a couple of terminals to work.  :clueless: The Hot rod switch doesn't do that. :dunno: I spent a little time on it and decided to go on to somthing more fun!  :bigsmile:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
I hoping to put the motor in the weekend got a few buddys lined up to help ( no lifting for me ) :woohoo: I want the motor in before I go in for surgury. My buddy Robert has helped my put it in and out three times before it was painted. I think we have it down so NO SRATCHES.  :stomp: I cant wait to see the orange in the black bay  :drool:

Good Luck, it's going to be hot this weekend.
Can't wait to see more pics when it's in.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Mopey Mopar

Good Luck, it's going to be hot this weekend.
Can't wait to see more pics when it's in.

It can be HOT outside all it wants. His Garage has A/C.

MM

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
The Motor went in smooth as glass. Many thanks to my good Friends that helped.  :cheers: It was a fun day and no chips or scratches. I managed to keep from hurting my self. ( any more ) The only real snag was I forgot to install the dip stick tube before putting the motor mount on. That meant  pulling the mount back off in the car oops.  :banghead: You'll notice something different about the pics. ( if the up-loader will let me post them? ) People! To me its about the car! My wife helped out a lot and took pics and video. So for those who don't know I'm the guy with the Black shirt. The light gray shirt is my Father, and the short guy is Robert. Bryan " Mopey" managed to stay out of most pics.
Ill try pics later uploader full  :swear:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
ok how about now?

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Heres a few I took.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
   :worshippy   :worshippy   :worshippy

AWESOME!!!!    :clapping:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline usraptr

:2thumbs:WOW!!!  What more can you say than AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ylsuper:
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
 :wow:     :bananasmi :bananasmi    that orange looks smashing in there    :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Man thats nice I wish I would have painted my intake and heads thay stand out so much more.

I may have to try the intake  :screwy:

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

More pictures please.
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
 :bigsmile: nice update............ the engine sure does look tall sitting in there, conclusion..... i like it :drool: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Mopey Mopar

:bigsmile: nice update............ the engine sure does look tall sitting in there, conclusion..... i like it :drool: :2thumbs:

The engine does sit tall. If you go back through this thread you will see were he MODIFIED the hood.
All was done to clear the intake.

MM

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Another little update. I put the cowl together, wipers, screens, body brace. So I had to put the lateral brace and coil covers on just to see what it would look like.  :picture:
One of the "light lifting things" I have been trying to figure out how far to go with the rear trunk pockets I made to house the battery and air ride. Once the electrical and air ride components are in it will be really hard to get behind them to do any upholstery. Bottom line the black bed liner wasn't doing it for me. I was also worried about how loud the air pump might be. So I lines the pockets with 3/8 insulation ( like the firewall ) then made carpet panels to finish it off It came out pretty cool. Worth the effort I think. Now I can start filling it with goodies.   :bigsmile:

Offline rtgambit

• Member since March 31, 2003
Awesome. I don't think any other word quite does it justice.

:drool:

Now, not to push you, but when is fire-up day?  ;D We'll need some sound clips!
Matthew
1967 Dodge Dart GT
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2014 Ram 1500

Offline kingtroll

Thanks for the update pics..... :drool:
1974 Barracuda