Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226404 times)

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Went to the West Coast Nationals this weekend. ( The only show I've been to this year  :'( ) A lot of nice cars, gets me motivated to work on mine.
pulled the driving lights apart and modified then to work with a HID H7 bulb and changed the halo LEDs to white. I have been wanting to see the car with the grill in it. So I've been concentrating on the front harness and getting every thing mounted. I didn't get far enough to get the grill in But the lights are finished and in. the Headlights were a pain but they look good now and I got both a white halo and HID bulbs.  ;D The front harness is just about done. Keep in mind I don't have a dash or any thing yet but I did want to prove out the harness before buttoning it up. So I got some cool pics of the lights.  :bigshades: They are bright!
The air ride had a fews leaks that I traced out and fixed I think its holding air now. Still haven't put it on the ground to play with it yet. The speed sensor came in and looks like it will fit nice. It amazing how much time all the little things can eat up. That and I keep finding little things that I need. Good thing I'm not in a hurry  :lol:
Oh Fesler was at the show there E-body hood hinges are done and were on display they look really nice and cheaper the XV. If I cant find enough things to spend my  :2cents: I would get them in black.

Fesler has come out w/hinges?

ETA?  Still not on their website:

http://www.shop.feslerbuilt.com/category.sc?categoryId=3

Plus, their Charger ones are no cheaper than XV's e-body.  How much cheaper are Fesler's?
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
That is one nice cuda you have there i would say you probably have 100k in that car by the time your done but well worth it.I love the car all of it way to go.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
cool do you have a web address for the hinges?

Fesler has come out w/hinges?

ETA?  Still not on their website:

http://www.shop.feslerbuilt.com/category.sc?categoryId=3

Plus, their Charger ones are no cheaper than XV's e-body.  How much cheaper are Fesler's?

I think the web sight is slow  :nono: There not there yet. They had a set at the show and you could order them I think he said 2 week lead time. I think there just spooling up. The "show" price was 15% off retail but retail is $750 I thought XV was 1200  :22yikes: when they first came out? But they are the same now. I look close to see if they were the same maker but they are different. Fesler has more of a dog-bone look to the links and detail milling. XV is simpler cleaner? Competition is good I guess.

What headlights are those? I could never find CCFL halos within 7" reflector housing. Did did you retrofit those reflectors with them or ? Am very interested in that look!

The fog lights look cool as well!

The head light story is long and painful. They are LED not CCFL I would love to do CCFL Even if you wanted to build a set there's no 7" ring that I can find. I've been though 3 sets of lights, looked at many more and don't really like any of them. This set came from Matrix but carry some other name on the box.  :clueless: The GOOD, They have white ( not blue thank goodness ) halos, a nice flat glass lens and I can take out the center thing to fit the HIDs in. ( they come with there own cover ) The BAD, like most China lights the index tabs are rotated 30 deg off. So if you bolt them in your buckets your lights sit turned. I had seen this at show and couldn't figure out why someone would put them in crooked? Now I know. They are also loose in the trim ring, lastly I don't think the focus is all that great. I solved the first two problems with a foam tape around the edge. Then turning them straight they sit up on the tabs making them nice and tight the foam keeps them from moving. Not a perfect fix but I'll keep looking. Other then that, in the car they look really nice.   :violin: Hay you asked!
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline MoparCar

Check with Ring Brothers for billet hinges also. Not sure if they ever put them into production, but they had talked about it and their items are top notch too.

Wes

Offline miketyler

• Resident
    • www.miketyler.net
Are the main head lamp housing lenses removable? I would assume so so you could replace the LED ring if it failed.
72' Cuda restomod
70 Mustang Mach 1
07' Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Dbl cab in Speedway Blue!
01' Honda 1100 Shadow Sabre
96' Seadoo Challenger

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
I've been lookn' for lights.Can't seem to find anything I like either.Yours look the best so far.Like those cooool driving lights!Everytime I check out this thread it's got something cool,Some new product.Some trick little shiny thing. I've seen a lot of cars in my day.And this one has a TON of class man.You should be very proud.The vision.The passion.Ever since I got back into these cars,Life has gotten better. Thanx for all the inspiration!!  Robert.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Are the main head lamp housing lenses removable? I would assume so so you could replace the LED ring if it failed.
Lets hope they don't fail. They defiantly aren't removable. The glass is glued to the "plastic" reflector. I tried to remove one on another set to make what I wanted and cracked the lens  :banghead:
Every time I check out this thread it's got something cool,Some new product.Some trick little shiny thing. I've seen a lot of cars in my day.And this one has a TON of class man.You should be very proud.The vision.The passion.Ever since I got back into these cars,Life has gotten better. Thanks for all the inspiration!!  Robert.
Thanks! It's been far more expensive and taken longer then I thought. But I've enjoyed all of it so far. If it runs when I'm done I'll be even happier!  I also enjoy sharing it with you guys.  :wave: Theres a lot of good people here and a lot of encouragement.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Had a good weekend on the car. Got the grille in man was that nerve wracking  :scared: No scratches. Is it just me or and 70 Cuda grills a pain to align?
Got the E-brake cables in.
Put the new speed sensor in fits nice should get the job done ( someday we'll find out if the trans works! )
Got all the exhaust in. after looking at the tips I decided to paint the inside leaving a 1/4" "trim" not painted. I think it looks cool.
Did some more harness and wiring stuff.
Oh I got the filler plate installed to cover the radiator support.
All In All a good weekend.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Man this thing is looking sweet :drool: and i love how everything has its place and is concealed :sly: :woo:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Man this thing is looking sweet :drool: and i love how everything has its place and is concealed :sly: :woo:

:iagree:
I wish I lived close to you so I could see it upclose  :faint:

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Mopey Mopar

:iagree:
I wish I lived close to you so I could see it upclose  :faint:

I live close by. I get to see the CAR upclose and personal. The pictures are nice, BUT seeing the real deal is a whole different ball game. This is a ONE sweet 'Cuda.

MM

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #551 on: September 01, 2009 - 12:12:06 AM »
Funny Tom... I wuz just thinkn' that! I need to see this car in person someday for sure! OHHHHHHHHHHH...AHHHHHHHHHHH...    That grille looks perfect.  :clapping:   You had a good weekend!  :working:           I wuz :burnout: :2thumbs:      R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Travis72

Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2009 - 01:08:53 PM »
Wow that is really looking great!!! Can't wait to see it on the road.

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2009 - 06:36:43 PM »
Sweet! The whole car looks awesome!
Have you fired it up yet?

Wes

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #554 on: September 09, 2009 - 11:19:41 PM »
I wish I lived close to you so I could see it upclose 

I wuz just thinkn' that! I need to see this car in person someday for sure!
You guys are always invited to visit anytime. Weathers nice! If I could get the time off work and money and maybe a trailer I would love to head east and hit some of the "real" Mopar shows.  have to stop in boulder on the way we can pick up cars as we go. Ooo... make a cross country cruise of it.  :woohoo:

Well I can dream can't I  :banghead: