Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226393 times)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #555 on: September 10, 2009 - 04:37:08 AM »
I would love to head east and hit some of the "real" Mopar shows.  have to stop in boulder on the way we can pick up cars as we go. Ooo... make a cross country cruise of it.

I am GAME!  :burnout:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline MoparCar

Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #556 on: October 08, 2009 - 08:12:29 PM »
Updates?
 :popcorn:

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #557 on: October 08, 2009 - 08:46:12 PM »
He's probably driving it around the yard :poopoke:

It's snowing right now!   :22yikes:     I wuz smart and went up my favorite canyon yesterday. :thinkerg:

Cross country cruise...?  Hmmmm.... Pick up the yellow drop top...  On to carlisle!    :cooldancing:     

Right now i should head down by Travis  :bigshades:  I ain't ready fer winter   :grinno:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #558 on: October 08, 2009 - 09:42:36 PM »
He's probably driving it around the yard :poopoke:

It's snowing right now!   :22yikes:     I wuz smart and went up my favorite canyon yesterday. :thinkerg:

Cross country cruise...?  Hmmmm.... Pick up the yellow drop top...  On to carlisle!    :cooldancing:     

I like that idea,!
Right now i should head down by Travis  :bigshades:  I ain't ready fer winter   :grinno:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #559 on: October 09, 2009 - 12:30:48 AM »
Yep, I live near Boulder too. Snow today and more Saturday.....great...... >:(

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #560 on: October 09, 2009 - 10:44:30 PM »
...... Snow today and more Saturday.....great...... >:(

I am sorry to inform you SNOW bound GUYS, But tomorrow (Saturday 10/10/09) I will be going to a Car Show at the beach. 72 degrees All day. The show is called "Hot Rods at the Beach" held in Santa Cruz, CA.

MM

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #561 on: October 11, 2009 - 08:57:08 PM »
Car looks great man.  Excellent work.  I got the same speed sensor in my truck that you suggested on like page 10, lol, and it works great. 

:bananasmi

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #562 on: October 12, 2009 - 10:36:20 PM »
 :iagree: wheres the updates?  :popcorn:

oh wait thats me!  :lol:

Isn't early for snow?  Well theres definetly no snow here but looks like we get a bit of rain tomarrow. If the weatherman knows what he's talking about, and he usualy dosn't, :screwy: there will be a lot of rain.

You know what thay say if you don't have anything nice to say... So I've been quiet.  :-X
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #563 on: October 12, 2009 - 11:27:00 PM »
Well I've hit a snag or two.  :banghead:
 I made all the brake lines out of stainless and used stainless fittings, AN style. People have told me that stainless is hard to work with but I hadn't had much trouble. This time around I've got lots of grief. Seems like all the fittings leak at least 60% what a mess. I tried loosening and tightening the fittings to no avail. I used stainless on the pro-street panel that I did and had no big problems. I started wondering what was different. and I realized that I used aluminum fittings on that one. not steel. So I guess stainless to steel is hard to seal. I did some research and discovered that there is a fix, little aluminum gaskets that go in between the fitting and the tube. I tried that trick this week end and its a pain. Worse I still have some leaks seams if you get the very soft seal in a little off it crushes into a mess. to make it worse I striped a nut. so that line has to be redone. I'm thinking of replacing the fittings or going to regular steel line either way it's going to be a pain.  :stomp:
The other discovery I made is the under hood brace on the drivers side hits the master cylinder. I test fit it before paint so I'm not sure what happened.   :bricks1: After thinking about it I think the best idea is to make a new mount plate to lower it 3/4" it will still clear the valve covers and will then clear the brace too. It will actually improve the angle to the pedal also.

On the good side I've been putting all the electrical together. Since this is what I do it has to look perfect. This being a touring car I wanted all the modern convinces.
* Power everything
* Auto headlights
* Delayed accessories
* Dual level Fading dome lights
* Remote control / remote start/ paging alarm
* Lots of little details I'm forgetting!
Its a challenge to find places to mount everything.
I've also been working on LED light. I have one front turn signal/ parking light almost done. I lined the LED's up with the fluting on the lens so it looks great. The parking light is one row of white LEDs like a new Audi. The turn signals are yellow. I painted the board black so the lens looks tinted when off matches the black grille nice.

Since the uploader is full I'll post pics tomorrow.  :(

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #564 on: October 13, 2009 - 07:08:10 AM »
Too bad on the hard lines. What a pain....
Couple of questions and the old pictures that don't show up may answer one of them.
How's your headroom with the seats since you channeled the car. Do the floor boards stay the same for seat mounting height or did they raise like they do in an Art Morrisson Max-G frame install?

Also, what wiring system? ISIS multi-plex or standard hardwire/painless/etc.

Awesome build-can't wait to see it all done. Hopefully in person somewhere.
Thanks, Wes

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #565 on: October 13, 2009 - 11:52:01 AM »
Hey man...   Can i relate!   Custom lines got me  :pullinghair:  It's worth it if ya' ask me.I like to be different.Be patient,Don't throw things.Don't ask me why...     it took a few go arounds before i got them all good.I tightened them up big time! Gotta' get a real good wrench...None of that cheap chit!   I have a ton of ideas too... many from here. So i understand how you feel.   it's nice having a real passion for this.  When it's all "done" you'll be sad. Enjoy the ride bro!     :2thumbs:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #566 on: October 13, 2009 - 10:50:53 PM »
Be patient,Don't throw things.Don't ask me why...
  :stirpot:  :stomp:  :misbehaving:  :faint: kinda like that?
it's nice having a real passion for this.  When it's all "done" you'll be sad. Enjoy the ride bro!     
Even with the pain I love the build as much as driving the end result. I'ts been a great ride so far!  :ylsuper:
How's your headroom with the seats since you channeled the car.
It's less... The floor is 2" higher but the seat is lowared 1.5" so in the end I only lost 1/2" head room. Your legs are straiter though.
Also, what wiring system? ISIS multi-plex or standard
I ended up going conventional. I though about going ISIS but got frustrated with the limitations I wanted true bi-directional comunications. Then you could put a module in each door and use all your switches with only 4 or so wires. Just like a new car.  I asked them about that and they said maybe in a future release. At the rate things go they sould have it by the time I'm done!  :lol:

What still no room in the up loader??  >:(

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #567 on: October 13, 2009 - 10:56:41 PM »
What still no room in the up loader??  >:(
Photobucket is our only hope.
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #568 on: October 14, 2009 - 01:27:37 AM »
Photobucket is our only hope.

:iagree:  Waaayyy better than uploading photos directly.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #569 on: October 14, 2009 - 09:09:38 AM »
So I guess stainless to steel is hard to seal.

Say that three time fast!

Your car is coming along awesome man....don't let the little things drag you down.... :2thumbs:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0