Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226400 times)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #570 on: October 17, 2009 - 09:33:29 PM »
I know Photo bucket is what every one is using but has anyone used myspace or face book pics.
I don't yet have a photo bucket account and thought It they worked I wouldn't have to make another spot to put pics! Any way heres a few pics from before the old fashion way!
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline DmanSRT69

• Diggin' holes is fun
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #571 on: October 17, 2009 - 10:48:59 PM »
These LED's are bright!  Good choice.

When you say you went "conventional" wiring - what exactly are you referring to?  A standard ISIS system, or the SRT8 wiring and fuse panel? Curious if all that wiring in your post before mine is all lighting related?

Regarding your photo dilemma, are you able to upload files to your internet service provider (ie the people that provide your internet/email service at your house?)

I know Photo bucket is what every one is using but has anyone used myspace or face book pics.
I don't yet have a photo bucket account and thought It they worked I wouldn't have to make another spot to put pics! Any way heres a few pics from before the old fashion way!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009 - 01:31:08 AM by limecar »

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #572 on: October 18, 2009 - 10:12:15 AM »
MMMMmmmmmm.......    Spaghetti  :misbehaving:     I've been talkin' about all new wiring... Now I'm not too sure... :poopoke:    Sure looks good though...
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #573 on: October 19, 2009 - 02:25:09 PM »
Are your taillights scratch-built?
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #574 on: October 19, 2009 - 05:07:46 PM »
nice progress  :woo:    how is your back holding up with the wiring job ?      it looks sweet there under the panels  :clapping:    not too long before I`ll have to tackle that myself...  :22yikes:
*** Bart ***

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #575 on: October 19, 2009 - 10:38:56 PM »
Your wiring skills are excellent. Great job.  :2thumbs:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #576 on: October 22, 2009 - 12:51:46 AM »
that is awesome!!! where did you get the led's from that is bright and i think we all definately need brighter lights with these cars espescially brake lights!!!!
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2009 - 11:21:04 PM »
The lights are scratch built and required cutting the factory buckets up  :faint: That way the "Bar" goes even all the way across cant do that with the bucket in the way. The LEDs are the brightest 8mm LED I could find I went 8 because I think they fit the best for a  single line of LEDs there brighter then 5mm or smaller and the same lumens as all the 10's I could find. You can get brighter like a "CREE" LED but then you need a heat sink and that keeps you from putting them close together. I wanted the neon or laser line look.  Anyway I sourced them from E-bay better pricing then local.

how is your back holding up with the wiring job ?
  :eek4: My back is actualy ok but I had a bruise on my ribs from the console bracket!
When you say you went "conventional" wiring
As in no ISIS just lots of wires  :grinyes: The box you see in the fender is the balast for the HID lights.

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #578 on: October 23, 2009 - 02:27:19 AM »
that is one sweet car you have there. that baby better be in a magazine when it is completed it is that good!!!!! did the board that the led's are on come from ebay as well? i found some led's but they appear to be just the bulbs. i am guessing that the board is made where the leds snap in and are power that way instead of individual wire going to everyone of them.
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #579 on: November 08, 2009 - 10:55:45 PM »
i am guessing that the board is made where the leds snap in and are power that way instead of individual wire going to everyone of them.
THe board is just perforated bread board. All hand built.  :P
Still need to make the front housings. but the rears are all done.
Heres a few more pics
I set it up so only the center row lights for the parking lights and all three light for brake and turn.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #580 on: November 08, 2009 - 11:15:17 PM »
So  I finally got the weight off my back and got the brakes leak free and bled.  :cooldancing: Geez... The Bigger delay was making a new mounting block for the hydro boost. I though maybe I could get Hydra-Tech to make me a new one with the the hole lowered. Apparently they are to big for there britches!  :sly: They have dropped all tech support and no longer even have a phone number. All service and support goes  to who you bought it from. I got this info from Bill Reilly ( Who I bought mine from.) He's tried to get them to do custom work to no avail.  :screwy: The Hole is set at an angle in the plate and makes it complicated to mill. So I built my own from steel. It came out looking real nice. I kinda like it better in black anyway.  :biggrin: Now everything fits and my brace clears.
I couldn't stand it any more so I put the wheels on tonight and set it on the ground. It's the first time I've played with the air ride.  :woo: It sits sweet.  :drool: Yes I was a happy boy. Oh because everyone wants to know, It's Only three inches to the rocker panel when shes down!! ( Same as the exhaust and bell housing. )It will drive that low but steering is limited, show cruise only! Sorry the pics kinda suck but it was late and I was in a hurry. Hopefully I can push it out and get a few better pics some sunny day.

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #581 on: November 09, 2009 - 12:48:28 AM »
 :woo: Glad to see it on all four. I was going to swing by this afternoon. But I had to change the oil in the wife's car. Plus I did a little more work on my hood.

MM

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #582 on: November 09, 2009 - 07:03:20 AM »
pretty sweet on all 4  :woo:

What do you think 30, 60 days tell you can drive it?

Was the led a custom kit to be made to fit or did you have to find each part?
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline the_engineers

• Resident
  • Cheap, fast, reliable...pick 2
« Reply #583 on: November 24, 2009 - 12:30:30 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Brooks

1971 'Cuda 360
2004 Infiniti G35 6-spd Coupe
2001 Toyota Solara Convertible
2002 GMC Savana 1500 Explorer Hightop Conversion
1972 Dodge Dart Swinger...keeping the Slant.  Rocking the turbos.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2009 - 08:19:00 AM »
 :clapping:   Nice! Glad you got those brakes! And down on the rollers too!!!  Next season will bring burnouts. Can't wait to see this thing in person. :faint: Keep it up over there dude!! That thing is sinister.You are a nut job.Ohhhh I can sooo relate. :bigsmile:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"