Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!

Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226391 times)

Offline MoparCar

Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #600 on: January 02, 2010 - 10:31:31 PM »
Sounds great! As always, looking forward to your updates.
Wes

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #601 on: January 02, 2010 - 10:38:00 PM »
This has been a stella build. Any chance we get a sneak preview of the gauge cluster, you said you have pictures :bigsmile: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #602 on: January 02, 2010 - 10:38:18 PM »
It's been a while since I posted any progress. I had a fair amount of time of for the Holidays and managed to get quite a lot time on the car. Lets see where to start.

I got the power steering leak fixed. fired it up every thing seemed good the the p/s pump was making noise figured it was air bleeding out then it seized freed up and suddenly I had metallic p/s fluid. some where I metal burr got in the system and made a mess. ugg...  :eek4: So everything got flushed and started over. Not sure if the pump will survive but its working now and quiet.  :icon16:

The fast program that seemed so great isn't. As soon as it goes closed loop it ran very lean.  ???after checking and double checking I realized VE tables aren't even close. After some more hours and making a new map and a lot of little program changes. it really does run great! At least at idle.  :) still not ready to move. The wifes been busy so no video yet but soon I hope!

The trans is getting much closer. I got the shifter worked out and The PCS trans computer understanding its new home.   :lol: It talking to the XFI and in therory the trans tables are worked out. It knows what gear its in. triggers the back ups and neutral safety switch. It does drop into gear and wants to move on its own power! But I've got a lot of other things to do before it moves.

Like glass. I used my Christmas bonus and got the glass tinted But it's not yet installed ( where does the time go?)

And a dash. I spent a lot of my time working on the dash and cluster. I'm modifying the dash. I took out the ash tray and opened up the opening all the was to the glove box. Making a large motorized door. With it closed it looks like you just removed the ash tray all nice and smooth. But it will rotate 120 deg to show a video monitor.  It will make more sense in pics ( that I don't have yet) :picture:

The instrument cluster is finally done ( just need a dash to put it in.) Came out really nice I am every happy with how it turned out. All most worth the number of hours it took to make. I do have pics of that!  :rofl:

Nice to hear things are talking to each other!  It's interesting that we have the same ideas sometimes.  I was going to make a slid out shelf in the dash close to or in the same location as the ash tray for a small TFT monitor.  I was just going  to permanently install the computer that I will use for fuel injection/trans tuning.  :thumbsup:
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2010 - 11:13:00 PM »
The uploader is giving me greif I posted pics on http://www.myspace.com/camopar
and on http://www.facebook.com/TwistedFish
I'll try again soon  :dunno:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #604 on: January 02, 2010 - 11:22:20 PM »
 :droolingbounce:   That will look perfect in your car!!!     :2thumbs:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #605 on: January 02, 2010 - 11:22:45 PM »
The gauge cluster looks unreal, and i like how you have not strayed to far from an original look to the layout :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #606 on: January 03, 2010 - 06:59:09 AM »
The gauge cluster looks unreal,  :2thumbs:

:iagree: as always top notch  :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #607 on: January 05, 2010 - 09:19:57 PM »
maybe I can post some pics today?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 - 12:01:57 AM by conv340 »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #608 on: January 06, 2010 - 01:24:54 AM »
 :drool:      :clapping:
*** Bart ***

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #609 on: January 06, 2010 - 09:48:30 AM »
Definitely the coolest gauge cluster yet I've seen in an e-body.   :wow:
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #610 on: January 06, 2010 - 11:08:04 AM »
Definitely the coolest gauge cluster yet I've seen in an e-body.   :wow:

:iagree:   Excuse me while I leave the room for a minute.  :naughty:
74 Dodge Challenger
(work in progress)

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #611 on: January 06, 2010 - 12:05:30 PM »
maybe I can post some pics today?

Nice guage cluster.  Great build - I'm really looking forward to the videos of it running.

You can post photos anytime you want - just get an online photo-hosting account at Photobucket or Imageshack or some other site and you'll never have to worry about the uploader being full or your photos disappearing again.  It's a little more work, but worth in the end because you can post pics in between text captions.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline Mopey Mopar

« Reply #612 on: January 07, 2010 - 02:13:43 AM »
Very nice looking dash. Can't wait to see it this week end.

MM

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #613 on: February 07, 2010 - 09:13:26 PM »
Update time. Got the windshield in after getting a second piece of glass! I got a whole set from AMD in clear so I could tint them with out the green cast. But wasn't sure I would like the windshield clear or not. Turns out it had an ugly gouge in it. So I got a PPG factory tint windshield looks way better anyway.

A note on the differences between AMD and PPG AMD made in Taiwan and very thick and heavy( factory? ) PPG is thinner and lighter. Its also 1/4" bigger fits tighter in the hole. Also the glass is polished better. It's made in Mexico. ( just FYI )

The rear glass is in also. polished all the trim and reinstalled it. Not exciting but it sure makes the car look a lot more done.

The dash in in the car now. The video door came out cool one touch open and close. ( motorized)

Added dash speakers covered with speaker cloth  and covered the center to match. put the alarm LED and sun load sensor in the center speaker grill.

started working on the console now. seems nothing fits anymore ha ha Want it to have the factory look.

re-glued the rear quarter glass. painted the trim black so it will disappear with the tint.

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #614 on: February 07, 2010 - 10:43:54 PM »
Fantastic work, fit and finish!   :2thumbs:
74 Dodge Challenger
(work in progress)