Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226377 times)

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
sounds like you are getting really close!!!   Nice to hear from you. I'm going for 275's in front soon.But on 17's. I got 18's too though. Hmm.   Whatcha' gonna' sew? Watch yer fingers. ha.  You are tinkering now! And getting her tuned. It always takes time.  "0" not "1"  ohm how I can so relate to that. :roflsmiley:   R/T
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Challenger III

:faint: Wow, what an incredible job on your project! Thanks for sharing your progress.  :cheers: :2thumbs:
Mike    Yakima, Washington

Resto Thread:  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66668.0

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
just thought I'd see if I can stick up a few pics
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Wow it worked ha ha  :biggrin: heres a few of the audio system

Offline Mopey Mopar

This San Jose International Flight Control to 70 Cuda'.

Taxi to runway 9er9er LEFT. Prepair for take OFF.  :roflsmiley:

MM

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
This San Jose International Flight Control to 70 Cuda'.

Taxi to runway 9er9er LEFT. Prepair for take OFF.  :roflsmiley:

MM

^^^^^^^

That right there is  :smilielol:

Looks damn good man.  I love the lighting in your dash and accessories.  :2thumbs:
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline willhaven

Wow it worked ha ha  :biggrin: heres a few of the audio system
Do you think you could send me a PM with the source of those billet light/wiper switches and the lighted round switches? I'm going to expand on my interior over time and those parts look really nice.

Great choice for gauges and good dressing on the gauge rings BTW. It's easy for people to go overboard with ultra modern stuff that clashes with the rest of the design.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Looks Good Bob! On the two monitors, is one for your AV stuff and the other for the engine controls or ??
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline MoparCar

Bob,
Looks great! What brand of leather sewing machine did you get? Any pictures? I've thought of this myself. I saw a couple of really great modern How To interior books in Barnes and Nobles or Borders not too long ago. You'll have to post some "adventures in sewing" pictures......ha....

Wes

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Do you think you could send me a PM with the source of those billet light/wiper switches and the lighted round switches?
The knobs are standard hot rod stuff I just recesed them down the tube. check Ron Francis wiring the sell them and a good headlight switch. http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HL-07
on the ligted switches. search " bulgin anti-vandel swich" theres several sizes and with a lighted dot or the ring also stainless or black. I got mine from a pc moding website. theres a  hot rod company selling a a similar switch now with eched logos on them I forget the name.  :clueless:

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Looks Good Bob! On the two monitors, is one for your AV stuff and the other for the engine controls or ??

You guessed it.  :thumbsup: its a Touchscreen Dash logger from PCS It does lots of cool engine and dash info plus data logging. It has a lot of inputs and outputs. It works with the can buss so It talks to the engine and trans computer. http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/datalogging.php If you search around theres other web sights with more info on it. Most of the pics show it blue and white mine is black and white which is good for me with my white lighting.

Offline 70burntorangeT/A

Those gauges are awesome  :drool:
66 f-100 black  240 straight 6  3 on the tree.....currently blown up :(
70 challenger burnt orange 440 727 3:23-weekend cruizer

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
 :iagree: the dash looks fantastic!!!! As does the rest of the car! :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #688 on: September 06, 2010 - 03:52:12 PM »
Thanks for finding my post! I thought it got deleted it was so far back there.  ;D
So lets see. The nag 1 trans was still giving me some grief If I got on it hard from say third or forth It might shift or it might pop in to something like neutral. requiring a complete stop and putting the car in to park and then it would start over ok. Not much fun. So it sat until I had some time to think about it. I spent some time on the phone with Russel at PCS and went over all my thoughts and issues. I wont bore you with all the details of this crazy German trans. But he put me in touch will another Russ at Sound German Auto who has been working with the Mercedes counter part. Real nice guy very helpful. Long story short I put 30 miles on it this weekend and it hasn't missed a shift.  :woohoo: still tweaking the calibration I'd like it as smooth as a new car when I feel mellow and full on race when I get on it. Done some more motor tuning as well. But it seems endless. I had a lean spot in the curve at cruise. Was getting really good mileage numbers! The power is intoxicating.  :burnout:  I did notice a bit of pinging in second gear at 6K have to back and check that out. More tuning. I took it from my "garage" to the shop where I work and put it on the rack Its the first time its been up since paint. Went over every thing and double checked. Charged the AC works good nice and cold. I have been learning to sew and playing with upholstering the trunk. more on that soon!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #689 on: September 06, 2010 - 04:03:35 PM »
That car turned out to be simply amazing!!! :thumbsup: :grinyes: :drool: :drool:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin