Author Topic: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!  (Read 226379 times)

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #720 on: January 11, 2011 - 12:25:48 AM »
Cars looking good! Think you will be finished in time for Ohlone?
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline Justins72

Re: Twisted Fish 6.1 Pro-Touring, Channeled, bagged, finaly going back together!
« Reply #721 on: January 11, 2011 - 02:23:27 AM »
hah I was wrong about the welting. The back seats are looking awsome.

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
any updates on one of the sweetest cars on the planet?
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
 :popcorn:   Que the crickets?  :grinyes:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
I'm back! I think it was getting beyond crickets and moving to spiderwebs and dust. any longer and the zombies wil rise!  :22yikes:

Well lets see it been cold and wet. ( Well for Califonia anyway ) So moving slow and needed a break I guess.   :dunno:
The good news is The interior is done, are they ever realy done? but close.
Finally got some pictures outside in the warm sun.  8)

I drove it on the freeway for the first time a few weeks back and discoverd a vibration in the drive line at 70mph. Put it up and remeasured all the drive line angles and they all look good. I talked to my drive line guy about it. He though it might be drive shaft  "critical mass?" because of the longer shaft and the narrow 3" tube it might be wipping. he said it would be at half mass and to go drive it faster and see if it smoothes out at 80 or so. But dont hit 140mph or bad things might happen haha! So today since it was nice and sunny I went for a spin. He was dead on. it smoothed out by 80 and was smooth to 110 figured that was a high enough.  :burnout: So time to build a new 3.5" tube maybe aluminum? not sure how big you have to go for that. Mine was chrome moly. So the drive shaft is back out now and ready to go on monday.

I have to say it  is a BLAST to drive I love the feel.

So its getting very close now. heres some pics I took today.
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
still lookin good i see!! interior looks awesome!!! the cuda's stable mates look good too!! u have done one first class job to that car u have an awesome talent and a good eye for detail!
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Beautiful Job! :clapping:  :2thumbs:  Yep they are never "finished" that just what we tell our wifes!  :roflsmiley:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Please come by with your car.  :drool:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline larry4406

provide details on how you made the door inserts please.

Offline varlo

For some reason the pictures are not coming up for the first 40 pages. I would really love to see this whole build thread in its entirety. I love every aspect of this car. I sure would love to know how you pulled off this interior. Looks outstanding.

Offline johns cuda shop

• 71 Cuda Pro-Touring Build
  • Machinist and Fabricator
    • Custom Machine Components
I love what you have done with the car. Awesome!!!  What did you do to get the rear license plate to look like that. 
71 Cuda Gen III Aluminum 426 Hemi T56 6 speed 4.10 8.75 Modified & Lowered RMS coilover suspension Wilwood discs

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
The car looks amazing. I expect to see it at the Ohlone show in a few weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised if you take best of show with that car. Congrats.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #732 on: January 04, 2012 - 07:44:32 AM »
Conv340,
You still around? Been a long time since we got some updates. I'd assume you cruised the Cuda all summer! Any pictures, or changes?  :popcorn:

Wes

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #733 on: January 04, 2012 - 07:49:38 AM »
yeah buddy.... we`re in desperate need of some cruizin vids   :popcorn: :bananasmi :ylsuper: :burnout: :drool:
*** Bart ***

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #734 on: January 05, 2012 - 04:23:06 AM »
yeah buddy.... we`re in desperate need of some cruizin vids   :popcorn: :bananasmi :ylsuper: :burnout: :drool:
:iagree: Your car sits just right and sounds awesome, how close are we getting now ? :jumping: :bigsmile:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.