Author Topic: What e-bodies have you seen in junkyards?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
Re: What e-bodies have you seen in junkyards?
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006 - 02:05:02 PM »
Sorry, but I have no pics, only what I have in my head....

I've seen many e bodies over the years...got a few out of the yards.
Seen a severely damaged 70 RT/SE (I believe that it was a U-code) along with 2 plain 70 Challengers in one yard many years ago. Pulled out my 70 Barracuda and rebuilt it from JY parts from the same yard. And I got the find of a lifetime....a 70 Cuda 340 4 speed convertible(BS27H0BXXXXXX)....bought it for $100.00 from a junkyard in Upper Michigan....we still have it too!
Passed up on a 71 BS car that was in a local junkyard, as I didn't have a place to put it....among many others, 68 Roadrunner picked over, but still had a 4 speed in it, a 70 Charger 500, a 72-74 Challenger(crushed)....all of these are now gone and probably a Honda or at least the entire dealership by now.....Seen another severely damaged 70 RT sitting on top of a rock pile in a farmers field in a nearby town where I grew up....I myself cut up a 70 Challenger, 72 Challenger and a 73 Cuda and had a completely intact, but rusty 71 Challenger crushed, while I was in active duty Air Force....

dustu....I see what looks like a good rear quarter on that 71 Roadrunner....where is this yard at or could you check on it for me?? I am on the prowl for any and all 71 Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX rear quarters!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006 - 06:36:53 PM by lemon_twist »
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline old man

• I may old but I ain't slow
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006 - 07:05:48 AM »
There used to be a local yard here in Columbia that had cars all the way back to the 50's sitting back in the place. A guy by the name of Dave used to run it and would let you go in and wonder around to look for parts. There was about 8 or 9 e-bodies laying around. It was all woods with almost no roads or paths. He also had a bunch of b-bodies and I can remember at least three 68/69 roadrunners one of them being a mod top car. Alot of Chevelles and Camaros plus a ton of older bigblock c-bodies. There was a guy who came by with a semi tralier who took three of three e-bodies and a ton of parts. No one really knew about the place. Missouri Highway patrol came in and wanted to see all titles for cars. Since this place had been there for around 30 plus years and was started by his dad he didn't have all paperwork. They warned him that they would be back in thirty days and he had better have all paperwork or else. The next week he had some crushers come in and they spent three weeks crushing everything in the place working 24/7. When Patrol came back they could do nothing since all older cars was gone. The only cars left were newer ones he had titles for. I didn't hear about it till they were all crushed. I saw Dave and asked him why he didn't call. He told me he was just trying to keep himself out of jail. There was alot of decent parts now being made in jap crap. I just wanted to cry.

Offline 71GTX

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006 - 11:33:36 AM »
gotta love the law and the way that they conduct business!  :puke:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Barracuda (project)
3 Harleys

Offline Dustu

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2006 - 07:08:52 PM »
Sorry, but I have no pics, only what I have in my head....

I've seen many e bodies over the years...got a few out of the yards.
Seen a severely damaged 70 RT/SE (I believe that it was a U-code) along with 2 plain 70 Challengers in one yard many years ago. Pulled out my 70 Barracuda and rebuilt it from JY parts from the same yard. And I got the find of a lifetime....a 70 Cuda 340 4 speed convertible(BS27H0BXXXXXX)....bought it for $100.00 from a junkyard in Upper Michigan....we still have it too!
Passed up on a 71 BS car that was in a local junkyard, as I didn't have a place to put it....among many others, 68 Roadrunner picked over, but still had a 4 speed in it, a 70 Charger 500, a 72-74 Challenger(crushed)....all of these are now gone and probably a Honda or at least the entire dealership by now.....Seen another severely damaged 70 RT sitting on top of a rock pile in a farmers field in a nearby town where I grew up....I myself cut up a 70 Challenger, 72 Challenger and a 73 Cuda and had a completely intact, but rusty 71 Challenger crushed, while I was in active duty Air Force....

dustu....I see what looks like a good rear quarter on that 71 Roadrunner....where is this yard at or could you check on it for me?? I am on the prowl for any and all 71 Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX rear quarters!
Called the guy about the 1/4 panel ,he said he sold the whole car ,the buyer was going to build the car! He said it had been there for years!I thought it was a good back half ,but didn't ask about it I was looking for other stuff that day only about a month ago.

Offline 71GTX

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2006 - 10:50:29 PM »
 :walkaway: Thanx for checking!  :2thumbs:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Barracuda (project)
3 Harleys