72 Cuda g-machine - 2016 update

Author Topic: 72 Cuda g-machine - 2016 update  (Read 219604 times)

Offline HP2

• Resident
Re: 72 Cuda g-machine build up (lots of pictures)
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2009 - 07:35:21 AM »
From your response it seems as if I may need additional information on such a car. Could you please provide me with a source for this information or tell me as much as you can.  For instance what type of HP ratings does one need to pull one "G"?  Is the suspwension of the vehicle in question upgraded?  etc.  I am just an old shcool country boy please help.

SRR

Horsepower is a big variable with vehicle weight, transmission ratios, gear ratios, tire compounds and traction all playing a part. With a car set up correctly, it is possible for as little as 400-425 horses to pull a 1G launch at the dragstrip. To pull 1 G braking or cornering it requires upgraded suspension and brakes. Again, depending on the variables, it is possible to achieve all these with stock style parts that are upgraded in some ways, so obviously bigger torsion and sway bars, heavier shocks, larger rotors, more clamping force, and the always elusive traction play big roles in achieving this. It is usually easier, although more costly, to just replace most of these with aftermarket parts to achieve the goal. Suffice it to say that a stock resto on reproduction bias plys won't be in this game.

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2009 - 08:39:07 AM »
Hey Travis,
Just bumping your build to the top. It was looking buried way down on the list! Keeping it alive! Updates?
Wes

Offline Travis72

« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2009 - 06:45:54 PM »
Well progress has been agonizingly slow, but I should have known that given that the guy only works weekends and occasional nights on the car.  I don't have many good pictures of the car because the last couple times I was there I didn't have my camera with me, but here's a couple recent pictures.

The underside of the hood, the doors, jambs, and back sides of panels are finally all painted now.  The backside of the fenders were bedlined and painted as well.  A few weeks ago I was down there to install the front sheetmetal on the car (minus the hood and header panel).  Next weekend, I'll go down there to install the hood and for final panel alignment.  Then it should be basically ready for a few rounds of block sanding before final paint.  So I just need to remain patient I guess.

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline conv340

• Myspace CaMopar
« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2009 - 08:27:42 PM »
Good things come to those who wait! Looking great  :thumbsup: But next time you go look at it.  :picture:
Two models, Two makes, One year, One body.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2009 - 08:54:53 PM »
 :iagree:
its looking grear travis  :2thumbs:

nice and green :grinyes:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Travis72

« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2009 - 12:48:30 AM »
A couple pictures from yesterday.  The hood and the rest of the sheetmetal are back on the car.  Spent a while lining it all up and setting all the body gaps, but finally got it pretty close.  In the second picture the hood is not latched, so that's why it's popped up a little.

Next weekend we'll hopefully be getting the front bumper completely fitted and I'll drill the hood for the hood pins.

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2009 - 11:19:22 AM »
Nice work man!
74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2009 - 03:31:35 PM »
Cool! looking like it's going to be all one color soon....
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline jrwoodjoe

« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2009 - 05:50:39 PM »
WOW, looks amazing! I know your stoked as it moves along. Can't wait to see more pics...keep 'em coming.

Joe

65 Barracuda
70 Challenger

Offline barracuda7199

• needs a resto but having to much fun right now
« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2009 - 11:01:35 PM »
love the color!!!
Brandon

71 Barracuda 440 727                                                                 
(O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2009 - 02:27:25 AM »
is it green yet? :bigshades:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #236 on: August 11, 2009 - 08:46:38 PM »
Looking good!  :cheers:
Wes

Offline Travis72

« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2009 - 12:46:29 AM »
No it's not green yet, but the outside body is at least all one color now!   :D  It's in final prime and right now we have the paint booth rented for Sept 19th.  Still a lot of small things to do between now and then, but hopefully it will be green in two weeks.  It's been a long, slow process.

Anyway I went and installed the hood pins yesterday, so here's the latest pictures.

Travis
72 Cuda

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #238 on: September 09, 2009 - 08:46:10 AM »
Man that looks awesome!  How hard was that to do with your hood?  I would like to do something like that or like what confederate cuda did with his to mine.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2009 - 12:58:03 PM »
do you have the hood inserts glued in?   looks to be fitting real nice in the pic...
*** Bart ***