Author Topic: Another Project... 70 challenger RT factory 440, sublime, AC, and more  (Read 23853 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Another Project... 70 challenger RT factory 440, sublime, AC, and more
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2007 - 02:56:41 PM »
Great progress, SilverChally! :cheers: :grinyes:  You're really moving along nicely with this car. :2thumbs:  It's a shame they didn't come out with those contoured subframe connectors prior to having my underbody painted. (At the time all they had were the square tubing style that didn't really fit the greatest, not to mention they don't look like factory pieces when installed and I want it to look factory underneath.)  How did your installation go with the ones you installed?  Are you planning on having any drain holes in the connectors?  They look great under there and I see you've been smoothing out all the rails. (Again, I wished my body man would have allowed for me to get underneath my car and smooth out some of the minor nicks throughout my frame before they painted it.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2007 - 11:46:14 PM »
Thanks!  It takes up most of my free time, well Ill call it free time!  I made a post in the body section, they took alot of grinding, actually start to finish took me 7 hours, thats fitting and welding.  I also angled them to avoid blocking the holes in the cm for the brake/fuel lines.  Even as directed they needed tons of grinding.  I think there maybe one drail hole, but its up higher where I cant see anything going in there anyways.  I mostly smoothed out where it was bent up.  Im not going to go to overboard and smooth out everything.  Car was too clean not to paint, but wont be a show car either.  Just cant wait til its all in primer!   
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline SilverChally

Little update, first pic just before primer and in high build.  Didnt have to do too much on the goodmark quarters, but a few areas needs a little extra.

70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline Kapteenikosmos

:popcorn: keep it going!
1967 six banger Mustang
1973 Challenger (under restoration)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (daily driver)

Offline 71_340Challenger

:iagree: Looking great.
1971 Dodge Challenger                
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 speed manual
2009 Dodge Charger R/T w/ Road & Track Package
1995 Ford F-150

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2007 - 07:45:08 PM »
I've done tons of work, although it doesnt look like much on the shell.  Probally the last pics before the paint flies!  Those are goodmark fenders, some work needed, but fit nice.  Last one is 1 of the nos headlight bezels I got at Carlisle.

70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2007 - 08:06:50 PM »
The headlight bezels won't take too much touching up to look great again........Nice work on the car too.
Dave or David

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2007 - 10:54:17 PM »
Heres the latest... finally some paint.  Exterior just needs the final wetsand... but its ready to edge, inside all panels, etc.... not long now!  Big thanks to Farmboy for the paint suggestions  :cheers:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007 - 10:59:31 PM by SilverChally »
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2007 - 11:23:57 PM »
Beautiful :worshippy Thank you so much for the frame connector shots; I purchased a set of the US Car Tool pieces that are already on hand to be installed after my car goes on a rotisserie :cooldancing:

Any tips or pointers on the install you could share?  :working:

Russ :cheers:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2007 - 11:55:11 PM »
These are XV, I spent 7 hours fitting them.  They didnt fit perfect straight like the directions showed, so I angled them to keep the holes for fuel/brake lines unblocked.  I think US cartools fit better, but I would have a good angle grinder on hand just incase!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline thelittles

• Lifes Good
    • Dan's Restorations & Family
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2007 - 06:54:15 AM »
Thats really awesome, I can't wait till my convertible is up to that stage.  I like the frame sections you installed.  Gave me some great ideas.  Thanks for the pics and keep them coming.

Offline farmboy70

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2007 - 07:53:19 AM »
Looking good! :2thumbs:
Any time on the help. Drive it up here when you get it done, you deserve a free one :cheers:
Post your e-mail and I'll send you the pictures of the Roadrunner we talked about.
Dave
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007 - 07:55:00 AM by farmboy70 »

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2007 - 01:21:51 AM »
I sure hope I can drive it when done, at least to make sure everything is ok and work out any bugs... but who knows at this point, I made be affraid to drive it!  I'm suppose to do a hemi charger too... I'll lose sleep over that one!
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline 70shaker6pk

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2007 - 11:23:35 AM »
Very nice work!!!!!! :2thumbs:  Gets me excited to start on mine.   This forum is so awesome, i learn so much everytime i log on here!!!!! 

I don't post much but i read ALOT and also the pictures that members post help out so much!! 

Thanks so much to everyone for there pic's and information, Pete
'JS23V0B'  1970 Challenger R/T N96 440 Six Pack

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2007 - 06:50:37 PM »
Awesome work, I love the fit you got with the sub frame connectors! I am having bittersweet memories in sublime looking at all these limelight projects with fresh color  :sadwavey:  :wave:  I never get tired of looking at projects during restoration. Too many really talented people on this board for sure  :ylsuper: Keep up the great work.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*