Author Topic: Chip Foose/Unique Challenger  (Read 7800 times)

Offline go-fish

• Resident
Chip Foose/Unique Challenger
« on: December 29, 2006 - 03:46:06 PM »

Here's another Mopar in the media. Who likes it, who thinks it is over the top? I like it except for the paint scheme. Foose is the master but after he is only a man and doesn't have the capability to design a perfect paint job everytime. I think even when he does a not so attractive sketch, people go with it just because "Foose did it". Joe Rogan didn't like the initial sketch on SickFish and held out for Nissan silver. Troy and Chip were pissed, but I like the silver better than what Foose did in his first rendering.

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/challenger.aspx

Offline Lunchbox

Re: Chip Foose/Unique Challenger
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006 - 04:11:59 PM »
$200,000  :scared: I wonder how many will be made?

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006 - 04:35:53 PM »
I don't like the paint scheme at all  :puke:, but I really like the 540hp hemi and 5 speed setup :2thumbs:. I would prefer that engine and tranny in a stock appearing challenger. I like to look stock, but carry a big stick.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006 - 04:40:35 PM by 6packCuda »
Dave

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006 - 04:36:32 PM »
It's not for me and the price is way out there. I think I would have one built or build it myself before I would pay that kind of money.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006 - 04:38:12 PM »
Nice car, but not the car I would spend my money on......    :money:    :faint:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006 - 05:21:42 PM »
I like the concept and the paint is growing on me.  I even got used to the wheels. The engine options are killer and the transmission, rearend is too.

However, words connot describe how much I hate that interior. The seats, gauges, rollbar,,,,,, everything.
It's obvious to me that they saved money and time by making there own instead of finding repro or original stuff but they did a tacky, tacky job.
I have seen total over the top boy racer Ricer interiors that I like better then this.

just ugly
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006 - 07:00:42 PM by 360cuda »

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006 - 05:34:43 PM »
I heard it was 50 cars..
Where do you come up with 50 --1970 Challengers... to start with ???
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006 - 05:50:32 PM »
360, I think yo are dead-on. The interior is the worst thing about it other than the price. I have a busted up console but I was thinking of doing a custom head unit enclosure on the trans. hump and go console-less. But after remembering how cool the factory consoles are I just don't think you can improve on the factory type.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006 - 06:14:41 PM »
Wowsa!!  :scared:  :eek2:

That's like one too many digits out of my price range.  Nice car, but... Probably priced a little more than the "new" 2007 Chally.  :lol:  :lol2:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006 - 08:01:27 PM »
I gotta agree with 360 Cuda. The paint's not me, but not too shabby. However the interior just plain sucks. I think my high school shop class could have come up with a better looking interior!! Drivetrain ain't no slouch!! Who can complain about a 540HP Hemi??
Matt

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006 - 09:31:34 PM »
These cars have great lines and don't need anything more than a nice single color paint job.  Foose tries way too hard and has ruined more than one mopar, I think he should stick to chevys and fords.  He gets all the credit and just drwas a picture :roflsmiley:  And he can;t get that right.  Wheels :puke:  Sickfish was the only mopar he had a part of I liked, other than a little too much rim.  Interior... just more foose thinking hes a genius, when hes a dud in reality :horse:
70 challenger project
68 satellite

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006 - 10:26:28 PM »
Foose isn't a dud. Chevy and Ford designs "accept" wild paint schemes better. With the Mopars he is out of his element, he thinks he HAS to come up with "trick" graphics with them like he does with other brands, he doesn't seem to appreciate Ma Mopars designers from back in the musclecar era. And let's all remember he was a student of the Street Rod era and he is trying hard to conquer the musclecar "fad" that is happening now. All of a sudden they are "in", to me they were never "out".

Riddlers and AMBRs prove that he isn't a dud, but his downfall is that he is trying to Rod-ify musclecars and it especially looks retarded when he's handed the reigns on redesigning a Mopar. They are cool already and don't need the over-dramatization of design like the other guys.

I'm a Foose fan as you can see, but I realize he doesn't do Mopars justice. But they threw some good engineering at these Challengers, that's for sure.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006 - 10:56:23 PM »
Wowsa!!  :scared:  :eek2:

That's like one too many digits out of my price range.  Nice car, but... Probably priced a little more than the "new" 2007 Chally.  :lol:  :lol2:

Mike
:iagree:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

cudahob

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006 - 05:14:00 AM »
Foose isn't a dud. Chevy and Ford designs "accept" wild paint schemes better. With the Mopars he is out of his element, he thinks he HAS to come up with "trick" graphics with them like he does with other brands, he doesn't seem to appreciate Ma Mopars designers from back in the musclecar era. And let's all remember he was a student of the Street Rod era and he is trying hard to conquer the musclecar "fad" that is happening now. All of a sudden they are "in", to me they were never "out".

Riddlers and AMBRs prove that he isn't a dud, but his downfall is that he is trying to Rod-ify musclecars and it especially looks retarded when he's handed the reigns on redesigning a Mopar. They are cool already and don't need the over-dramatization of design like the other guys.

I'm a Foose fan as you can see, but I realize he doesn't do Mopars justice. But they threw some good engineering at these Challengers, that's for sure.

:iagree:   Some cars look OK "rodded out" but not all cars look good with two tone paint,20`s and modern interiors.I guess I just like a more subtle look to modernized muscle than some of Fooses designs and for that kind of money I could biuld a whole fleet of cool machines!
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi