Author Topic: Saddam Hussein is dead!!  (Read 3019 times)

Offline acgwinn

Re: Saddam Hussein is dead!!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006 - 07:06:14 AM »
Unfortunatly, killing him was the only option at this point.  The Iraqi people have no trust in the US due to Desert Storm.  We took Sadam out of power then, only to leave and let him regain power and punish those who were against him, while we sat back and did nothing.  Bottom line is, we shouldn't be in Iraq.  They were not a nuclear threat and had NOTHING to do with 9/11.  Conveniantly, there is hardly any talk of Bin Laden, maybe that has something to do with Bush's connections to him and his family and the oil business.  The sooner some Americans stop being tools and wake up, the better off our country will be.  Of course these are my beliefs, and everyone is intitled to there own.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006 - 07:37:18 AM »
The SOB deserved  to die. Should our forces be there? Probably not. But as the old saying goes, "If not me ( U.S.) who?" No other d@mn country had the balls to do what was right for the innocent people of Iraq. Would I have hung him, no..................I would have gassed his sorry @ss, but just a little at a time. The Kurds would have laughed during the "ceremony". This man killed nearly 2 mil. of his own countrymen, and some beleive he should have been "kept" until he died of natural causes.  Bull Sh!t ! !
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006 - 07:42:11 AM »
I too don't think they should have executed him. Once you're dead, your're dead. He would have suffered more by being kept in prison for the rest of his life.

Also, I know most people won't agree with this, but since we can't seem to control the situation in Iraq, I think we should have put him back in charge. I know he was brutal, but the people over there seem to be just acting like animals and thugs, and a brutal dictator is the only thing they seem to respond to. We try to help them, pour billions of tax dollars into their country, we die for them, and all they do is call us invaders, say they hate us, kill us when they can, accuse us of trying to steal their oil, and constantly say they want us to leave. I'm too old to be losing friends over there, but I have friends who have lost children, the same kids that I used to buy presents for and play with. I know the insurgents are to blame, but the leaders who are all on power trips, and the population who revere the leaders do nothing to help us, to stop them, or to point them out. I think we should have just let Hussein go, and let him straighten things out in his own way. Seems he killed less people than what are being killed now, and it's only getting worse. At least when he was in charge, the country functioned and was less of a threat to us. Those people cannot handle a democracy because they are too wrapped up in their religeous beliefs to be fair or objective to one another, or to anyone else, for that matter. I never used to agree with the wackos in this country that do everything in their power to separate church and state, but when you see what a religeous based government is like, I'm  becoming convinced that it is a necessary evil. There would have been another benefit to putting Hussein back in charge, as well; He would never have alowed Iran to get nuclear weapons, which we are all just setting back and let happen. I often wondered how the  people in the world let Hitler get as far as he did, now I know. It was apathy, endless diplomacy, and political correctness that allowed extremism, fanaticism and facism to spread unchecked, just like it is being allowed to happen now.

Just venting out of frustration for the future of our children, sorry.

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006 - 07:56:06 AM »
I wonder if he is really dead?  Don't beleive every thing you read.

Cuda Guy
My thoughts exactly :dunno:
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006 - 08:02:43 AM »
The SOB deserved  to die. Should our forces be there? Probably not. But as the old saying goes, "If not me ( U.S.) who?" No other d@mn country had the balls to do what was right for the innocent people of Iraq. Would I have hung him, no..................I would have gassed his sorry @ss, but just a little at a time. The Kurds would have laughed during the "ceremony". This man killed nearly 2 mil. of his own countrymen, and some beleive he should have been "kept" until he died of natural causes.  Bull Sh!t ! !
:2thumbs: WOW  :2thumbs: Until the rest of the world starts spelling UN with an N instead of spelling it US we will have to keep on policing the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 - 08:04:35 AM by 71R/T »
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006 - 08:59:49 AM »
All of those that he had or did murder throughout his reign....their deaths are now avenged! In Iraq, one couldn't shoot a spitball thru a straw in a crowded room and not hit someone that wasnt affected by Saddam....Bye-bye!
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:11:52 AM »
I wonder if he is really dead?  Don't beleive every thing you read.

Cuda Guy

Thats was the first question my wife had.  :-\
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline acgwinn

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:15:20 AM »
Bottom line is, we shouldn't be there.  We shouldn't be policing the world when we have huge problems in our own country.  We are there for MONEY and that's it.  It has nothing to do with helping the Iraqi people.  We destroyed their cities and Haliburton is the one that is fixing the destruction, even though they bid higher than other companies that bid for the same job.  Oh yeah, Richard Cheney is connected with Haliburton.  Good Ol' GW Bush was in the oil business with Bin Laden's brother.  See where this is going?  Our Children, Friends, and family are dying over their every day so our people in power can load there pockets with tons of cash.  Bush will be out of office in a couple of years, do you think he gives a crap about what we think of him?  He should have been right next to Saddam, he is just as evil.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006 - 09:17:28 AM by acgwinn »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:29:46 AM »
so....  vote for Algore did ya ?

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:51:23 AM »
More people voted for Gore then Bush.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline acgwinn

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:52:05 AM »

At the time, no.  I mostly share alot of republican views, but after Bush's first term i changed my mind very quickly when i really saw  the type of person he is.

daves70

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006 - 09:59:06 AM »
More people voted for Gore then Bush.

At the time, no.  I mostly share alot of republican views, but after Bush's first term i changed my mind very quickly when i really saw  the type of person he is.
:drama: oh, they did that yesterday

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006 - 10:10:04 AM »
Guys, You never see me post under topics such as this, for one thing I don't care what everybody thinks nor should you care what I think but I just got to say this if for nobody else but the younger folks out there who may not have formed their views on politics & the world. ANYBODY that can make a statement like this
Bush will be out of office in a couple of years, do you think he gives a crap about what we think of him?  He should have been right next to Saddam, he is just as evil.
  well let me put it as nicely as I can, does not have a clue.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline acgwinn

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006 - 10:37:17 AM »
Guys, You never see me post under topics such as this, for one thing I don't care what everybody thinks nor should you care what I think but I just got to say this if for nobody else but the younger folks out there who may not have formed their views on politics & the world. ANYBODY that can make a statement like this  well let me put it as nicely as I can, does not have a clue.
Everyone is intitled to their own opinion.  Every connection our president has to Iraq has to do with money.  Honestly, why are we there?  It has been proven that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and they had no weapons of mass destruction.  Do you think we are really there because we care about the Iraqi people?  These people do not want democracy, never have and never will.  They are a religious country and will be that way forever.  They can try and pull the wool over everyones eyes, but the bottom line is that we are there for money.  We blew it up, and now Mr. Cheney company gets paid a ton of money to fix it.  Do you think the next President will do what Bush is doing?  I highly doubt it, unless they fix the election like they did before and get one of Bush's friends into the White House.  Hardly Clueless my friend, just able to see through the blinders.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006 - 10:38:23 AM »
Glad he's dead? Sure.

Worth the cost? Not even close.

Now if only we could catch that other guy...