Author Topic: So what happened to your Mopars this year?  (Read 5442 times)

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
So what happened to your Mopars this year?
« on: December 31, 2006 - 08:54:29 AM »
 :scared: Been a busy year here.

Lets see.
Made me go to Mats and Meet my girlfriend w/her Little Red Express  :icon16:
Knocked a full second off my e/t with a gear and coverter swap, also going 3000ft up in altitude (d/a) - not done  :banghead:
Got into Mopar Muscle Mag  :jumping:
Car of the Month here one month  :cooldancing:
Into the Calender  :bigsmile:
Got Wrecked  :walkaway:

Dad's Challenger...well of course that got Overhauled.

Post anything you've won, done, or wrenched on your car on. I've had too many modifications to really remember all of them from this year :eek4:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: So what happened to your Mopars this year?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006 - 10:29:16 AM »
:scared: Been a busy year here.
Made me go to Mats and Meet my girlfriend w/her Little Red Express  :icon16:

GOODYMAN you ben holdin out on us?!?!?!    DETAILS?

Started the year off with a bang by pretty much finishing off the interior re-do I started in the fall of '05
Joined the CC.C forum & have had many hours of great entertainment with yous guys.
Rebuilt the rear drums.
Attended the local Mopar club's show & subsequently joined.
Pulled the entire front suspension off & have everything ready for reassembly after I pull & refinish the K-frame.
Lost focus during the summer heat but plan on getting back pretty hard soon.

Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006 - 10:35:03 AM »
This year one cuda got its guts ripped out and the other enjoyed the open road for its first full year!   :burnout:

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006 - 11:16:07 AM »
...had one T/A....got it out of storage and moved to a new facility....first time on the streets in over 2 years

...bought another T/A....15K mile all original...moved it to the new facility too

...bought a Challenger RT conv....delivered to storage facility too...

...Detroit Auto Show.....again :bigsmile:.......looked the new Challenger over from top to bottom...like it !!!

...MOPAR Nats....again  :bigsmile:...drove a  Viper...picked up lots of diecast MOPARS

...Woodward Ave......again  :bigsmile:....drove a  Prowler

...bought some new MOPARS too :bigsmile:

...read every MOPAR magazine at least twice.... :bigsmile:

...got a car in the C-C Calendar (should be arriving soon, I hope) :bigsmile:

...spent countless hours online here :bigsmile:

...Auburn................again.....oops, bought a 58 Vette :clueless: :dunno:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006 - 11:38:35 AM »
I started out with one truck, ended up with 3 trucks and my chally.  Spendy year for me  :money:

All in good, um,  Mopar-ness?   :roflsmiley:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006 - 12:01:53 PM »
Sounds like you had fun to me CP!   :worshippy

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006 - 01:03:15 PM »
Lets see, nothing much for my car other than adding more parts to the expensive collection of parts growing in my room :icon16: I pretty much bought every part I wanted for my car this year....I bought all the parts for my 451, the exhaust, the suspension, the brakes, and the interior. Only need to spend another grand or so and I have every part that I need. Now all I have to do is the bodywork.... :crying: Also spent a lot of time on my dad's Challenger(redid engine compartment and added about 75hp at the same time) because I didnt have to pay for any of the parts and get to use it whenever I want :biggrin:
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006 - 01:34:58 PM »
Bought my first old Mopar...the white '73 you see as amy avatar. Began restoration. Since it's a 60K mile original So. Cal. car, it doesn't need any body repair (no rust ever). Repalced front bumper (surface pitted and was cheaper than re-plating). Replaced 14" Rallyes with 15" Magnum 500s. Doors panels refinished at Just Dashes. Hope to complete restoration in spring.

DAYTONA, if you ever run short of storage space, you can ship that purple T/A to me, I'll take care of it for you. :naughty:

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006 - 03:51:07 PM »

DAYTONA, if you ever run short of storage space, you can ship that purple T/A to me, I'll take care of it for you. :naughty:

Mike

....bought a 16,000 sq ft garage in October.....it was a nursing home for 25 years....should have plenty of room for a long while but I appreciate the offer :roflsmiley:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006 - 04:09:56 PM »
-Finished refreshing the Challenger so I could go on the Power Tour, and had a blast.   :bigshades:
-Joined C-C.C, met a bunch of great new friends, and had a blast.  :2thumbs:
-Started helping my father refresh his Dart so we can take it on the '07 Poower Tour, and hope to have a blast.  :bananasmi

1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006 - 04:39:40 PM »
I spun a rod bearing in my 70 340 Cuda in June with 721 miles on a complete rebuild after just getting the Cuda finished in April 2006. I got it back on the road the 3rd week of August and put a rebuilt 4-speed overdrive I picked up at Mopars at INDY in june and put it in the Cuda with the rebuilt engine. I got most of the bugs worked out of the Cuda and look forward to driving it next year. The Cuda now has 1,835 miles on it and I just had the driveshaft balanced as the front yoke had been turned 180 degrees sometime in it's life throwing the balance off. I did buy a few new parts for the Cuda as I found them this year. Some of them were correct fasteners and others were parts that were just in better shape than I had on the Cuda and were priced right. I picked up the Cuda's rear seat belts at the nats for $20.00. I did very little with my 71 340 Challenger RT other than regular maintenance. I drove it out to the Mopar Nats. and met several members of cc.com. Met another cc.com member at Monster Mopar Weekend in Saint Louis, Mo. Had a great time showing the Cuda with all first place awards except 2 shows where one I took Best Mopar and the other being a 2nd place where a tricked out PT cruiser was in my class and it took 1st. I drove the Cuda everywhere it went and that makes it hard to show the car as some of the shows I drove it to were over 150 miles away. I really don't want to stop driving my cars as it has always been fun for me. I usually drive around 2,500 miles a year but this year having 2 cars I put 1,900 on my challenger and 1,835 miles on the Cuda. That is more than I ever drove when I only had one Mopar.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006 - 04:41:03 PM »
Nothing too major this year,just did what they were biult for - driving and racing!Burned off a another set of T/A`s in the process.    :burnout:
Big changes for `07 though-new hood and bumper,new engine combo,maybe new wheels and tires,stripe(finally),pulling out the 4 spd console and ...???
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline inot2old

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006 - 05:30:48 PM »
Feb. - bought a '70 Challenger project
July - bought a '70 Challenger parts car
July - went to Carlisle
Oct. - sold '73 'Cuda
Oct. - Bought '71 Barracuda  :clapping: 
throughout the year spent a lot of time on this site, drove my cars, went to lots of shows & cruise-ins.  Can't wait till spring.
'71 Cuda 

'70 Charger project
'05 Crossfire Roadster

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006 - 05:54:20 PM »
Hmmm, lets see, I joined this awesome CC.com site. I put a 12 gallon fuel cell with a whole new Mallory fuel system in my '68 Bakaruda. No more fuel problems!! Bought my '74 440 Challenger & had it shipped from CA. (it's a one family owned car!!). Listed all the things I want to do to the Challenger (just don't have the money). And got no tickets for 2006, but did have a nice talk with an off-duty police officer after doing an awesome donut on the virgin pavement of our new church parking lot with the '68 Barracuda. Oh & I did get a really nice deal on a 3rd chunk; 4:57 gears 489 case for the Chally. Happy new year!!
                                                                Matt B.
Matt

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006 - 06:05:01 PM »
GOODYMAN you ben holdin out on us?!?!?!    DETAILS?

:dogpile: :grinyes: :thumbsup: She complained why my car was quieter on our first date than when she saw it. She saw it at mats, open cutouts. Date i corked them for the 3" Flowmaster Super 40s. From then on it was open. Shes a keeper.  :lol: :thumbsup: :working:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link