So what happened to your Mopars this year?

Author Topic: So what happened to your Mopars this year?  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: So what happened to your Mopars this year?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006 - 06:09:10 PM »

:dogpile: :grinyes: :thumbsup: She complained why my car was quieter on our first date than when she saw it. She saw it at mats, open cutouts. Date i corked them for the 3" Flowmaster Super 40s. From then on it was open. Shes a keeper.  :lol: :thumbsup: :working:

Sounds like she likes it rough.  :grinyes:   She back in NV.?  :bigshades:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006 - 07:32:46 PM »
Took car out of storage and drove home for first time drive. Removed engine and trans and fenders and interior and......Learned alot about my car. Waiting for body and paint and then reverse what I have done

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006 - 07:42:02 PM »
Sounds like she likes it rough.  :grinyes:   She back in NV.?  :bigshades:

:dogpile: at the moment. she'll be here for a few days in 8days 18hours 5minutes andddd 10seconds  :lol:. whos counting?  :woo:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006 - 08:24:36 PM »
Painted the Beast green in April.

Drove it around to cruises and such local events.
Drove it around some at Carlisle in July.
Fiddled with the valve lash and carbs periodicly.
Still diggin it and waiting on spring '07 so I came burn some more rubber.    :burnout:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006 - 09:19:21 PM »
After over 2 years of looking around , following dead end leads, lookin' at garbage for the money,  newspaper adds , cars-on-line, bought Miss NIKKI.                                                                                                           Found out my Sure Grip DOES!!! 

Found out even a crate HEMI can glue your a$$ to the seat!

Got some respect from my GM and Blue Oval buddies... and some rices too!

Had a great time with the great folks on this site!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006 - 09:47:01 PM »
For starters I spent a lot of time here with you all and enjoyed every minute of it
Bought my engine for the 69 cuda,and put it back together after 6 years got to drive it
Bought my first e-body my 2nd e-body(parts car)and a third one that was a partnership to sell and profit,and a friend gave me the fourth
Blew up the trans a few times in the 69,then grenaded the torque converter,oh well crap happens and its all straitened out now.
Went and met many people in the hobby,Went for my first ride in a HEMI.And drove a B-body(68 GTX)
Got to sit in my friends superbird before he sold it.
I met RTHedkace at a swap meet
To date my most memorable mopar year------I hope to top it this comming year-----Your friend---THE CLOWN

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006 - 10:21:52 PM »
I got back from Japan in Dec. 05. With a Sh*t load of money that I had been saving for this car, I finally had the chance to throw it at some parts. Jan. brought a RMS Alter-k-tion and it all started from there. As the year passed I
* purchased a D1-SC from www.thesuperchargerstore.com
* a hydroboost brake system from Hydratech
* Tremec 5-speed conversion from Keisler
* a bunch of hi-perf engine goodies fron Hughes for the 360 engine I scored for free
* a Strange Engineering S-60 rearend
* and an AirRide 4-bar kit w/o airspring(got coilovers)
I got it all installed except for building the supercharged 408" stroker motor. I had to set out for foreign lands in October so Project go-fish went on hiatus. I plan on building the engine when I get back and giving her some road trials to wok out any mechanical bugs, then it's teardown for paint and body work.
My wife wants a boob job now so I think the body work is going to be delayed. Hey guys it's a tough choice, I like cars and I like t!ts.

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006 - 11:07:11 PM »
Feb 06; sent one of my 70 Barracudas to Michigan from Alaska
Mar 06; bought a 71 GTX and sent it and another 70 Barracuda to Michigan
May 06; repurchased my old 70 Challenger
Jul 06; Sent last 70 Cuda, 70 Challenger and 69 Roadrunner to Michigan
Sep 06; sold one 70 Barracuda and 70 Challenger to recoupe money from shipment and purchase of other cars
Oct 06; purchased a 24' Haulmark Carhauler for moving purposes and "other appropriate functions or needs"
07.....we are moving from Alaska!
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007 - 12:28:33 AM »
 Got through the first 11 months ok, then as I previously posted I got the front fender clipped, then this morning my wife informs me that last night while my son was removing his dirt bike from his cousins truck after a long day of riding he backed his bike rear fender up into my backup light, breaking the lense  :pullinghair:
 And he was too scared to tell me himself, but he did find me a replacement lense on E bay with a "buy it now", so it will be here soon.

ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007 - 04:31:41 AM »
cars-on-line

That's where I found mine!

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007 - 10:49:50 AM »
Worked on the car the whole winter. Had the car featured in a Norwegian magazine called "Amcar" Got 4 pages with my Cuda and my twinbrothers Mustang. Got it back on the road to Hot August Nights in Trondheim, our cars where used in the information folder for that event. After that, just cruising really. In august I went to Artic Circle Raceway for a roadrace event, got a price too. In September I participated on in an weekend meeting with a 1/8 dragrace. Used the car Until early october when the snow came. Cuda is now in hibernation. Thats my moparyear.. and oh.. met a girl three weeks ago that think my car is the coolest one around!  :ylsuper:
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007 - 10:50:19 AM »
I got the 392 back together and back in the Cuda after a new paint job on the engine bay. Replumbed the front brakes and added a line lock. Did a couple of burnouts in the driveway, which irritated the wife. First time I hammered on the Cuda on a back road the B&M shifter screwed up (cable housing split) and over revved the 392, resulting in 2 bent intake valves. Got sidetracked with the new Harley and haven't pulled the heads to replace the valves, so there it sits until my broken ribs get healed enough to work on the car. Those 392 heads weigh 75 lbs. apiece!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline 73challenger_TN

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007 - 11:26:00 AM »
I finaly "finished" my Challenger. I got top 25 mopar at Mopar Thunder in Bristol,TN. The car should be in Mopar Muscle next month when they cover that show. But best of all I had alot of fun driving it.

Offline widing'cuda

• 70 'cuda383 - BS23N0E
    • w i d i n g ' c u d a
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007 - 01:39:15 PM »
Sold my 1970 Dodge Charger 500 in March
Got myself a 70 'cuda April (YES!!!!)
Just done some maintence replacing Bearing, oils etc.
And some pimping. Added the red strip in the grill, hockey strips etc

Other then that I just been driving it all summer :D

- Jørgen - Norwegian Mopar fanatic

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 383 A833 8-3/4 3.23 suregrip
http://cuda.widing.biz/

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007 - 02:07:01 PM »
Bought my 74 Barracuda in May 06. Installed new headers and powder coated them. Got new wiper motor linkage, rebuilt transmission and added 2500 stall convertor. Installed drivers side window, new battery, new alternator, new front floor pans (not installed), fix dash lights, new battery bracket, new chrome air cleaner and brake fluid cover. New brake booster, new interior light cover, new door sills, new dimmer switch and cluster, new horn relay (uninstalled), installed scoop inserts, bought new scoops for future resto, new trunk mat. Bought new front tires,new vacuum reservoir for pb, new front license plate bracket. The plans for 07 are new carpet and headliner, new dash pad, new door locks, new exterior door handles, new mirrors inside and exterior, fix crack in grill, rust removal and body work and maybe new paint.  Backup lights just died so gotta see what's wrong with them now. Hopefully in 07 bumbers rechromed also. We'll see just thankfull got my car in the first place.
1974 Barracuda