Author Topic: Head Porting  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Head Porting
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007 - 08:56:49 PM »
I believe the same benefit applies to both heads & would be Less inclined to leave the floor rough on the raised port aftermarket heads as the floor is far better shaped & raised already
 I alway open the pushrod wall some at minimum to atleast open the top up as much as the middle seeing as most of the flow is at the top , the flow in stock heads is usually low enough that more volume is more important than decreasing velocity seeing as no aftermarket head flows a low as the stock heads

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Dave-R

• Challenger Message Board
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007 - 01:49:35 AM »
Cool. Thanks.

Offline 440Charger

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007 - 02:33:03 PM »
Chryco I just looked at those pics again...you really opened up the flow on those.  Looks really good.  Is that a minor or major port?

Gimme your addr so I can send you my heads lol - what does something like that cost?
I love my 440...but it's not loving me back...yet

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007 - 03:33:43 PM »
I don`t do porting in stages , I just do it right , it takes me close to 10 hrs to port a set of heads so I charge $450  to do a set , I have flowed similar heads the gains are 14% intake & 20% exhaust & no loss of flow from stock & the flow rises  .100 lift to .700 lift , this doen`t include any amchine work , hard seats etc , I can get all the machine work done as well as new valves etc
 I would be happy to do a set for you if you want , I should be able to buy cores here for approx the same cost a shipping
 Let me know

Offline 440Charger

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007 - 03:49:39 PM »
Do you flow test so I can see the before and after?

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007 - 04:01:22 PM »
I could , I do have a before & after flow test on a similar set of heads , the problem is I would have to drive 1.5 hrs to the nearest flow bench twice to do it

Offline 440Charger

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007 - 04:39:33 PM »
I have too much into my current heads to dump them...the block along with the heads were baked and completely spotless before we installed the larger valves, along with bronze valve guides and hardened seats.  I've got around $6000 into this engine, but we just mismatched the top end parts apparently.  If I knew then what I know now I would have picked a dual pattern cam with more exhaust action, and bowl ported/blended.

You're in Cali right?  If I was closer to you I'd probably take you up on that, but being in MN it probably makes more sense to get the work done here.  I wish I knew someone who knew their #$% like you. 

I'd really like to talk to you about my build though sometime.  Like PM or phone or whatever.

- Doug
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007 - 04:41:31 PM by 440Charger »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007 - 05:01:45 PM »
I am in Alberta
yeah we can phone

Offline Dave-R

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007 - 03:58:53 AM »
I am in Alberta
yeah we can phone

You don't live that far from my sister actually. :bigsmile:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007 - 11:26:16 PM »
cool , She into cars ?

Offline Dave-R

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007 - 03:27:55 AM »
cool , She into cars ?

Well. If she gets any bigger she will not be able to get into any cars. :roflsmiley: :grinno:

I have stayed in Jasper and done some walking around the base of Mt Robson and along the Robson river. Thought I should seeing as Robson is my name. He will have originally been from an area called Tynedale near me in the far North of England. That is where all Robsons originally came from. Same as the Charltons and Armstrongs. Part of the "disputed lands" between Scotland and England. I very much doubt he was Scottish as the tourist information there says. Although he would have sounded a little Scotish.

Here endith the History guide. :biggrin: