Need Help In FL... Please Read!

Author Topic: Need Help In FL... Please Read!  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
Re: Need Help In FL... Please Read!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007 - 10:38:08 AM »
Bummer Don....    :'(   :eek4:    I hope it all works out in a positive way for you and your buddies....    :2thumbs:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2007 - 12:33:43 PM »
I guess I missed the update on what happened
hope everything works out OK for you Don

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2007 - 12:35:58 PM »
Im good, Im still in FL I leave tommrow.  Work is another story I got to see the Chain of Command as Im sure you guys guessed LOL!!!  But things are ok.  Im just not trying to let this go by me.  I have filed a complaint on the Orange County Sheriffs Department for excessive force.  I want to say thanks for all the members who have thrown support my way during this situation.  Two specific RDF and Lemmon Twist.  Thanks guys.  Like I have always said this is really like a second home to me.

Don

One page back CP . . but here is the quote.   :thumbsup:

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2007 - 01:12:35 PM »
Glad to hear you are on your way!
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2007 - 03:25:48 PM »
I'm glad to hear everything is OK.  I missed what happened but from the other posts I assume you have it under control for now. :2thumbs:

Tom :clapping:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2007 - 03:41:38 PM »
I hate LEO's like that. Have you ever seen the black bumperstickers that have a blue line going across them, that represents the "thin blue line" that certain LEO's feel they walk. It is total BS, it is more closely representative of a gang than a club or after hours organization for officers. It is like a sign that says," I am a LEO, it's OK to let me speed." , or something else.
We have a bunch of cops near my base down in Missipi that strictly go after the troops. Like we're competition for them or something, I for one am not concerned with "Hero points".
 I got stopped going less than 5 over the speed limit, I wasn't late for work when I got stopped but got to work 45 minutes late and missed formation, then I got in trouble w/ my chain of command for getting in trouble with the law. The guy knew we had morning formation and intentionally held me. Bastards.
Too bad for CudaGuy, Jag won't help out unless it is Military to Military not Military to State/local Government.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 - 03:44:18 PM by go-fish »

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2007 - 06:37:11 PM »
I hate LEO's like that. Have you ever seen the black bumperstickers that have a blue line going across them, that represents the "thin blue line" that certain LEO's feel they walk. It is total BS, it is more closely representative of a gang than a club or after hours organization for officers. It is like a sign that says," I am a LEO, it's OK to let me speed." , or something else.
We have a bunch of cops near my base down in Missipi that strictly go after the troops. Like we're competition for them or something, I for one am not concerned with "Hero points".
 I got stopped going less than 5 over the speed limit, I wasn't late for work when I got stopped but got to work 45 minutes late and missed formation, then I got in trouble w/ my chain of command for getting in trouble with the law. The guy knew we had morning formation and intentionally held me. Bastards.
Too bad for CudaGuy, Jag won't help out unless it is Military to Military not Military to State/local Government.

I don't know what happened to Don, as he took down his post before I could read it but I will say that there are good cops and bad cops and you will find that true with any profession. I've never seen the bumbersticker you are refering to, but I can say one thing, we are held to a higher standard than most people and do have to walk a thin line most of the time between trying to lead a normal life and trying to do a job that most people would have nothing to do with. I'm a retired cop, but those guys out there are still my brothers. A 'gang' huh? It's more of a brotherhood formed in defense of people with attitudes like yours. Why? Because we can't associate with the general public much in our off-duty time because there's always someone looking to go complain to the chief about us stepping over that thin line, and it's usually something that a civilian could do without even attracting attention. You say you got stopped for going less than 5 miles over the speed limit, let one of us run less than 5 miles over the speed limit and see if someone doesn't go scream bloody murder to the chief! Did you get cited? If not then technically you got a break, "less than 5 miles over the speed limit" is still breaking the law no matter how you slice it. Maybe you should leave for work a little earlier. You said you were 45 minutes late for formation, I've never seen a cop spend 45 minutes on a traffic stop without a good reason! If you feel that you have a group of cops harassing you then do something about it instead of just complaining about it here. Document the traffic stops, time, place, officer's badge number or name, whether a citation was issued or not etc. and show a pattern. It's called profiling, and can be dealt with by administrators. In spite of what you might think, most of us dislike bad cops as much as you do. I was instrumental in having 2 cops fired during my 22 year career! As I said, I don't know what happened to Don but I am pretty familiar with his character from interacting with him on this board. If he was wronged by a cop, whether off-duty or on, and wants to PM me with the facts, I will be the first one to tell him how to go about taking action against that officer. Next time you are sitting around your Christmas tree watching your kids open their presents or having some New Year's cheer with your family, think for a moment about the cop who's out patroling instead of being with HIS family. That's the REAL thin blue line!
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007 - 07:06:14 PM »
Amen Larry!   :iagree:    I wasn't a cop, but I worked shoulder-to-shoulder with them for over 30 years and developed some great friends.  There are good and bad in anything and cops are no different.  If Don found a bad one or two, then there are ways to deal with them......    :cheers:    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007 - 07:17:31 PM »
Well I wasn't going to go further into detail about my situation because it is Cudaguys thread but yes, 392, it was 45 minutes for less than 5 over. I was even out of his jurisdiction. I was in the county and he made the stop then called for the county to come out. The county boys didn't want to touch it and they continued to talk at the squad cars about what to do. I ended up getting a ticket by the county handed to me by the cop. I went to county court on the matter and told the judge that the man in court was not the man that handed me the ticket. She was very interested in what was really happening and chewed the deputy's but right there. I got out of it and a few days later left for where I am at right now wich I can't even say. I guess that's a sand colored line. Wonder if they make those bumper stickers?

And I know alot of cops out there are great people, fair people. I went to church with a great guy that I'll remember forever, Jeff Rogers, a drug addict killed him. I was just eluding to the fact that some LEO's go after military looking males, maybe they see that person as being more of a potential threat, and it is especially true around military bases.

I do not look down on civilians in no way, shape or form. Matter of fact, sometimes I wish I was a civilian again or even a LEO. I have been married for 48 months and been gone 20, I have been a dad for 15 months and only been with my daughter for 7. I would probably miss far fewer births, birthdays, first birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, first steps, first words, and many others I've missed while being on active duty. I didn’t even have the luxury of being in the same country. And they weren’t going to send my piddly but back to see my daughter’s birth, and I was absolutely distraught. If  I could have anything in the world I would be there on that day. So next time you're out on patrol in you town think of....... Never mind. It's not the place and I don't want to ramble.

I know better than most, as far as military goes, a few bad apples can make your whole branch look bad, so 392, I'm sorry if I offended you but if you were an honest, decent LEO then I wasn't trying to offend you.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 - 07:25:28 PM by go-fish »

Offline heminut

• Resident
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2007 - 07:24:07 PM »
Go Fish, I took no personal offense, but your post really knocked LEO's in general. I just have to stand up for the good ones! :thumbsup:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2007 - 07:32:12 PM »
Don't you have to see a paramedic or go to the hospital after you have been tazed. Something about removing the barbs or something like that? :dunno:

Hope things work out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 - 07:33:45 PM by Lunchbox »

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2007 - 07:34:16 PM »
I re-read my initial post and it doesn't look to me like I generalized at all; i.e. "LEO's LIKE that".
Again, sorry to the majority of cops out there that are decent human beings that may have taken it the wrong way because God knows police get a bad wrap frop stuff in the news like the female that accidentaly discharged her weapon into a man in custody on the ground, handcuffed. But you know what, I didn't rape anyone in Haditha like a few "bad apples" did. I don't want peoples opinion of me to change on accounts of them.

Offline heminut

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2007 - 08:01:10 PM »
To the best of my knowledge no one here has ever brought up the Haditha incident. :clueless:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2007 - 08:10:53 PM »
"God knows police get a bad wrap frop stuff in the news like the female that accidentaly discharged her weapon into a man in custody on the ground, handcuffed. But you know what, I didn't rape anyone in Haditha like a few "bad apples" did. I don't want peoples opinion of me to change on accounts of them. " 

I was refering to incidents that have tarnished the images of both of our profession, can you read a little deeper into it nex time.

I'm done with it 392, you can continue if you like but I obviosley hit a chord with you and appologized but is that not enough I guess. Go on, badger me some more about being a cop hater.

Offline heminut

• Resident
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2007 - 08:15:11 PM »
Go Fish I'm not trying to badger anyone. As I said, I took no personal offense and even gave you a thumbs up. Take it however you want, I'm done with it.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda