freshly restored 71 cuda going to barrett jackson

Author Topic: freshly restored 71 cuda going to barrett jackson  (Read 2808 times)

Offline karmakvisser

freshly restored 71 cuda going to barrett jackson
« on: January 02, 2007 - 09:50:16 AM »
A friend of mine recently finished a rotisserie restoration of a 71 cuda.  The car is shipping to Barrett Jackson in a couple of days.  He asked me to take some shots of the car and create a show car placard.

The car is stunning and sounds amazing.  We didn't do any donuts with it but the car wants to zoom.

As an automotive photographer, this car to me represents the most beautiful car to evolve out of the American muscle scene.

cheers

Ken Visser
karmakvisser@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 - 07:27:44 AM by karmakvisser »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: freshly restored 71 cuda going to barrett jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007 - 09:52:05 AM »
Wow  :wow:

That sure is one sweeeet car.  :2thumbs:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007 - 10:09:06 AM »
Beautiful car! I'll be watching it go through.    :2thumbs:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007 - 10:11:28 AM »
That jewel should bring a pretty penny....    :money:     :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007 - 10:17:28 AM »
I saw a nice lime 70 hemi recreation on Barrett-Jackson last night that went for $72K.  Not too much IMO!   :dunno:

That is definitely a nice car there! 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007 - 10:20:15 AM by 4Cruizn »

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007 - 10:18:59 AM »
I would definately change the rallye wheel centers to teh correct color before BJ...not a big deal to me but you know how some people love to nit pick over details...for a small price it could bring a few extra bids on stage.   :2thumbs:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline karmakvisser

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007 - 10:29:05 AM »
He has a contract for a Friday night slot which is quite desireble, all the big spenders will be out there.  The restoration is into the 6 figures so he is taking a crap shoot as far as the no reserve thing.

I created 2 car show placards for a guy that is auctioning off a pair of Shelbies as a His and Hers set.  One is 350 and the other a gt 500.  He has a saturday night contract.  That should be real interesting how well he does.

cheers

ken

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007 - 01:54:53 PM »
Both cars are HOT!  But that Cuda is RED HOT!  :droolingbounce:

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007 - 02:53:46 PM »
I would definately change the rallye wheel centers to teh correct color before BJ...not a big deal to me but you know how some people love to nit pick over details...for a small price it could bring a few extra bids on stage.   :2thumbs:

The first thing I noticed was the monochrome bumpers. Did it have elastomerics bumpers but they weren't available at the time or is this a throw back look from the early 90's when people were painting everything one color. Chrome would have been better if he couldn't find elasto's.

Sorry to nitpick, but when I see Mopars trying to command a HUGE figure, I put more of a scornful eye on them. I hope he gets a good payout, good luck.

Offline karmakvisser

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007 - 03:27:06 PM »

The first thing I noticed was the monochrome bumpers. Did it have elastomerics bumpers but they weren't available at the time or is this a throw back look from the early 90's when people were painting everything one color. Chrome would have been better if he couldn't find elasto's.

Sorry to nitpick, but when I see Mopars trying to command a HUGE figure, I put more of a scornful eye on them. I hope he gets a good payout, good luck.

I wondered the same thing about the bumpers.  I didn't realize that they were availible back in the day.  I was told that their research saw this as availible but I wasn't sure.

by mistake I started another thread called more pics.

cheers

Ken

Offline modtopcuda

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007 - 03:59:24 PM »

I agree 100%

back in 91 I had a 71 Barracuda that looked Exactly like that car and the bumpers looked good on it. But on a R code 4 speed 'Cuda, I think not.  The car deserves to be put back to factory but if you have to add options then at least make them factory correct options.
When the bumpers look cheap and the wrong centers look bad, you have to wonder what else is wrong with the car.

IMHO

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007 - 04:16:43 PM »
I agree 100%

back in 91 I had a 71 Barracuda that looked Exactly like that car and the bumpers looked good on it. But on a R code 4 speed 'Cuda, I think not.  The car deserves to be put back to factory but if you have to add options then at least make them factory correct options.
When the bumpers look cheap and the wrong centers look bad, you have to wonder what else is wrong with the car.

IMHO

I agree...simple little things like the painted chrome bumpers and wrong wheel centers will be flagged by prospect buyers that know a lot about these cars....even though the car looks like a top notch resto, one has to wonder what else was done incorrectly when two obvious things can be pointed out.  Constructive critisism that could get a few extra bucks when teh car reaches the dance floor.   :2thumbs:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE