Author Topic: Twenty years and counting  (Read 9395 times)

Offline JS29U

Re: Twenty years and counting
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2008 - 03:45:34 PM »

Cledawgshome.com  has the ft6 original TA gator. Also , moparts is . org, not .com.

For 1970 challengers, 1720 non rt had ft6.

only    349 rt were ft6   

jh23    1371  3.6%
     jh27        69  2.7              total  1720 3.7%
     jh29      316   5.4

js23       219   1.6 %
     js27         27   2.8
     js29        101   2.7            total rt+ rtse  349 cars ft6  1.9 %      About 2069 ft6 70 challengers

Offline skid440

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008 - 11:44:45 PM »
Hey guys,

Well the last two days have been great.  Each day I put about 8 miles on the Challenger.  Yesterday I took my oldest, Ben on a short trip and he had a great time.  One problem is based on the slope of my driveway.  I scrape the collectors on the way out and back.  The initial set up is a little low.  Next steps are to have it aligned and appraised.  My insurance, State Farm, needs an appraisal to justify the 30k I think its worth.   

I also have a significant whine in the diff.  Its a Sure Grip and the fluid level is at the drain plug (+two bottles of Mopar friction modifier).  I guess I need to have a rear diff guy take a look at it.  Its the only thing I didnt replace or buy new. 

Pics to come.  Skid

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2008 - 07:19:34 AM »
 :wow: your driving it around and you have not posted pictures :faint: i am mad keen to see it all clean and mean sitting outside with a gleam :drool:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline skid440

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2008 - 01:51:11 AM »
Hey guys,  I've put a couple of more miles on it!!  I take it in to the line-up shop monday.  I fixed the speedometer so it works now and am in the process of hooking up the kickdown linkage.  I hope I am not hurting the 727 by not having that hooked up.    So, anyone out there have good close up shots of RT tail pipe spacing?  Both from the top and also extended past the valence?  Thanks for the help.  John

Offline skid440

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2008 - 12:14:34 AM »
Update.....

I've put about 30 road miles on it and its been great.  To clear the header flanges I had to use 2- 2x10s because I have a steeeeeep driveway.  Talk about stress the first time down with the brakes.  So far so good.  The speedo didn't work so I fixed it.  I've been driving it without the kickdown linkage so I need to get that going.  I was wondering why its lugging off idle but someone said that the car immediately shifts to 3rd because the kickdown isnt sending a signal.  Anyone want to explain?  I hope the yellow bible gives a good description on how to adjust.  If its simple someone shoot me a line. 

But what is most urgent is I have an appt with the muffler man thursday to weld my tti's but I need a good front and side pic  of accurate installed tailpipes.  Any help would be appreciated.  Enclosed are a few recent ones to give my driveway perspective etc. etc.  Thats my boy.  Skid

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2008 - 06:31:22 AM »
Firstly, you can zip tie the kick down lever on the gearbox back so it is on but do not do it so tight that it is fully held all the way back...........very easy fix and recommended if you keep driving it otherwise you could hurt the gearbox. :2thumbs:

I hope these pictures help you out :swaying:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline skid440

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2008 - 11:20:56 PM »
Thanks for the pics!!!  Well I spent the day over at a friend's house working on the exhaust and kickdown linkage.  I think I have both fixed.  The car actually shifts now.   Here are pics of the exhaust tips.  Welcome the comments.  I looked at alot of pics and some were quite different.  This is a tti system and the rear over-the-axle tube is too long and has to be cut.  If anything they may be out a little far.  I tack welded the fittings and just clamped the tips just to make sure they are correct.  Side-to-side clearance isn't much is it? 

Skid

Offline skid440

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2008 - 11:45:17 PM »

Hey all,

I finally saw one in person today, a new one!  It was on a loaded car-trailer.... it was the last one on the lower deck,  the one that hangs down the furthest.  I spotted it from a pretty far distance.  Its funny this fever that is Challenger.  I was riding mine last night around dusk and down a road some guy runs out of his house in the back yard on the phone to give me the thumbs up!  Its a nice time of the year to be an E-body fan.   :bigsmile: