Author Topic: Twenty years and counting  (Read 9399 times)

Offline skid440

Re: Twenty years and counting
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2008 - 01:00:42 AM »
Thanks,

Bullitt99, I moved the hood latch bracket to the set of what appearde to be mounting holes lower than the ones with the threaded square nuts on the back.  I don't think it is the ultimate fix but it definately closed the gap.  As for the idle, I increased the advance and it seems to work

Heniken, yes it is FT-6.  It has been repainted except for the trunk and door jambs.  I could have gone with a different high impact color but its always been the brown car to me.  I am planning on putting a stripe on it.  It originally had a small penstripe factory roll when I first bought it. 

Skid

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008 - 01:14:19 AM »
Hi Skid,

Thanks for the reply buddy.  What color stripe are you thinking of doing and what style of stripe ?

Would love to see more pictures of your car if you have any please. :2thumbs: I like the FT6 color aswell and in the sun the color really pops :clapping:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline JS29U

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008 - 08:28:39 PM »

Ive had my 70 rtse 440 ft6 since 1975. Been sitting in my garage 7 years today, 6-17-01, since  my father towed it from mass, to here in fla.   One year later, too the day, 6-17-02,  he died., 6 years today, 6-17-08.

I painted it black imron in 90 and 75. The gator top was too cracked to keep. There is now a $1200 gator top out now, but  im kind of used too the no vinyl top. Lately, i have gotten too like ft6.  I also switched from tan too black interior. I added a ta spoiler in imron. The black does look a lot tougher, but i love looking at ft6 cars.

I rebuilt the 6 pack in 95 and its still sitting there. In 79, i bought a new $129 850 dp and jy $3.00 ch4b and liked it so much, its still there. I bought se seat covers in 95, still in box. Still has the 1975 dc hemi cam.  Need the energy too strip the undercoating off and do it in ricks mopar gray zero rust. Wish i could find someone too steamclean it. Soaked in kerosine, it comes off easy, but have no lift.  Cant crap up my driveway. Association would have a s$$tfit with  a black concrete driveway.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008 - 08:35:12 PM »
  Ive had my 70 rtse 440 ft6 since 1975. Been sitting in my garage 7 years today, 6-17-01, since  my father towed it from mass, to here in fla.   One year later, too the day, 6-17-02,  he died., 6 years today, 6-17-08.

I painted it black imron in 90 and 75. The gator top was too cracked to keep. There is now a $1200 gator top out now, but  im kind of used too the no vinyl top. Lately, i have gotten too like ft6.  I also switched from tan too black interior. I added a ta spoiler in imron. The black does look a lot tougher, but i love looking at ft6 cars.

I rebuilt the 6 pack in 95 and its still sitting there. In 79, i bought a new $129 850 dp and jy $3.00 ch4b and liked it so much, its still there. I bought se seat covers in 95, still in box. Still has the 1975 dc hemi cam.  Need the energy too strip the undercoating off and do it in ricks mopar gray zero rust. Wish i could find someone too steamclean it. Soaked in kerosine, it comes off easy, but have no lift.  Cant crap up my driveway. Association would have a s$$tfit with  a black concrete driveway.
:wow: JS29U your car sounds simply amazing.  Would be unreal to have it back to its former glory when it was new, my brother has to bite the bullet and order one of those Legendary Gator tops aswell for his Burnt Orange SE Challenger.
The FTs color combo with a Gator Grain would look great..................... :drool:

Sorry to hear about your loses and to the day. :angelwings:

Would like to see pictures of your car aswell if possabile. :2thumbs:

Offline JS29U

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008 - 08:56:41 PM »

Dont feel too bad, he was a chevy of chevy guy.

55 straight years of his chevys, enough is enough. My mom still has his pos lumina. Want too buy it.  He really hated the challenger and my town car.  My old drinking buddy, vp of gm, loved his archie bunker storys.   HE now is president of toyota north america..  Maybe i should get a priuss from him. my aunts gets 48 mpg.

Pictures on the way.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2008 - 08:58:39 PM »
 :bananasmi Thanks....................

Look forward to your :picture: 's :2thumbs:

Offline JS29U

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008 - 06:20:58 PM »

forget the pictures. Im getting a headache trying to post them.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2008 - 07:12:55 PM »

forget the pictures. Im getting a headache trying to post them.
You can e-mail me the pictures if you are having troubles posting buddy :swaying: :2thumbs:

Offline skid440

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2008 - 12:46:43 AM »
Wow that is an intense FT6 story.  I haven't ever seen another challenger that color beside my own.  Sorry about your dad.  My father and I are not that close but I will always remember the one time he stood up for me was when I wanted to buy the Challenger at age 17.  My mom wanted nothing to do with it and my dad had my back.  Maybe it was a guy/car thing.  It cost 1000 in '83,  cost me ~13k to buy it back after the divorce. 

I am planning on putting a black rt stripe along the side and a black hood black out as well. 

Offline JS29U

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2008 - 01:06:27 AM »
attached picture

Offline JS29U

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2008 - 01:22:23 AM »
one more

Offline JS29U

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2008 - 01:23:55 AM »
and....

Offline JS29U

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2008 - 01:29:26 AM »
I also have a 15 sec video but not sure how to post it, and here's the 6 pack sitting since 95. In real life the Eastwood paint looks better than the picture shows.

Offline JS29U

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2008 - 02:18:27 AM »

Skid 440,  Theres a few ft6 challengers on this site.  Go to the neglected cars towards bottom of main forum page, page 1, on michigan junkyards.  Ones a ft6 with my side trim, which only looks good-ok ? on black or dark cars. I also saw months ago a ft6  under maybe e pictures forum here.  I looking now at pictures of a ft6 se with black side stripe and black hood decal and a ft6 with white top and white side stripe. Its on hamtramck- historical.com.  I  will scan it if u cant find it.

You want too see the best ft6, look at troy brays ft6 ta. He runs the dodge dealer in cal. in all the mag. selling mp parts.  Get on moparts. com on the resto forum and try to find him. Hes around posts like suspension colors, etc. He shows tons of photos of underneath  colors on floors, suspension, the best photo is on the rotisseri just painted ft6.  This car is perfect.

Also, google gator vinyl tops. A guys site has lots photos of original ft6 ta  with first i seen gator top with non se window with narrow sems like mine had,.  Most se gators had ugly wide seams like average 70 had. &2? up had narrow seams- the boar grain. I paid $750. in 1975. And the old man was my best friend, chevy guy or not.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2008 - 06:02:38 AM »
I can vouch for Troy Bray.  He looked after me a while ago before i was a member here and gave me a discount on a six pack set up for a freind.   Here are some pictures that Troy sent me himself, he told me he had just won a 1st place aswell as a best of show at the recent Spring Fling.  Amazing looking car and i would love to see it in real life :drool: