Author Topic: Defrost duct  (Read 974 times)

Offline bnorth

Defrost duct
« on: January 07, 2007 - 08:20:02 PM »
I could use a new defrost duct for my (non-AC) Challenger, mine is eroded along the edges of one of the ducts.
My question is does anyone know if you can use an AC duct in a non AC car, there is an AC car de-frost duct on E-bay and it is pretty good shape.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230074740840&fromMakeTrack=true

If anyone know if these are interchangeable and not year specific let me know.

thanks
Ben
 :working:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Defrost duct
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007 - 09:25:44 PM »
I know they used the same one throughout the '70-'74 model years, but I don't know if there were any differences between one used in an a/c equipped car or not.  I'd assume there shouldn't be a difference with this particular piece of the heating system, but I'd wait for a couple other replies before making your decision on possibly purchasing that one on eBay.  It's a shame I didn't grab the duct from a parts car my neighbor had as I'm sure it was in good condition. (The car's been hauled off for the scrapper already otherwise I'd pull it for you.)
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007 - 03:16:12 AM »
I don't see why not. The defroster has nothing to do with the AC. The AC duct is a seperate duct unto itself.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007 - 11:47:00 AM »
A/C and non A/C ducts are different. The lower opening where they connect to the heaterbox is shaped different.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda