Author Topic: Presidents speech tonight?  (Read 348 times)

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
Presidents speech tonight?
« on: January 10, 2007 - 09:28:25 PM »
 :1zhelp: trying to figure out if this is the right thing to do?sending in another 21 thousand troops to the war?just saw on the news another minnestean was killed today.that makes fifty from here. hmmmmm i don't know man,is bush trying to save his job?will this help?i'm beginning to not know anymore.i know there's members here that are going over there or are over there and i applaud you all for doing your duty for your country and all of us.  :wavingflag: Again do you all think this is right or wrong?should we have pulled them out or are we going in the right direction?Just some oppions,not trying to get things started cause i just don't know anymore myself.i know we have to be there for the terrorist threat foresure so hmmmmmm!!gotta think some more.  :(
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
Re: Presidents speech tonight?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007 - 09:39:42 PM »
Right or wrong is a relative question.  The fact is that we are there, and there is a mission that needs to be completed.  I could see US being there for many years to come.  (Side thought:  we've been in Afganistan longer and yet no seems to complain about it, at least not on the same scale as Iraq)  Leaving would be a mistake.  It would create a vacuum in the center of perhaps the most disputed land there could be.  Iran would would try to swoop in and take over.  India may try the same.  Turkey?  Who knows.  If people think the region is unstable now.........  I am not trying to justify it.  I do think it was the right thing to do though.  Iraq did havve links to terrorist groups (PLO), and weapons of mass destruction were used (the gas attacks on the Kurds in the 80's).  Could there have been a better plan?  Sure.  Could I be making more money if I had studied something else in school?  Maybe.  Hindsight has the best vision of all. 
{oo/===\oo}