Author Topic: Where is everyone from?  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Where is everyone from?
« on: January 16, 2007 - 08:33:55 AM »
OK, I've been hanging around for a while and talking to a few people. What I would like to know is where is everyone from and maybe a short Bio. It don't show in the info so I'll start it out. I hope to meet you guys in July at Carlisle.

I was born in '54, grew up in a small town in South Dakota and moved to Fargo, North Dakota in '79. Got married and have lived here since then. We have two done Mopars and two that need some work.

NEXT!  :feedback:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Where is everyone from?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007 - 08:51:38 AM »
 :blah:
OK, here goes. I live in Portsmouth, Virginia. That's eastern VA for those that don't know. It's about 30 miles from VA Beach. Portsmouth is the armpit of VA, but a lot of nice folks here and I'm 5 miles from work, so that's why I live here. I work at Norfolk Naval Shipyard & have been there for 27 years. I started in the appreticeship program in 1979 as a marine machinist (I am a true gear head & I like to break things). I've lived in VA (different cities) all my life. I love mopars and have had 5 since high school. I currently own a '68 Barracuda coupe and a '74 Challenger with a 440. I have a wonderful wife (of 16 years) and a wide open 13 year old daughter. We have a great Mopar club in my area call the Tidewater Mopar Club and you can check out our site a www.tidewatermoparclub.com. I know there's some hunting & fishing fanatics out there too as that is my second thing to do. Git-r-dun!!   PS,  I'm an old fart (47) but haven't forgot how to git to work yet :smilielol:
                                                                    Matt B.
Matt

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007 - 08:55:47 AM »
I was born in pontiac mi, moved to detroit untill the riots, and our house had the windows broke out and car flipped over, this was elementary and jr high, played ball in greenville mi, then went to Mich state, ran track n field and played for the tigers for 6 mos, moved to Baton Rouge for 25 yrs, raised 4 kids, all grown up now, now trying to hide from work in the hills of alabama the last 7 yrs,  thought I was retired, but keep gettiing calls to go to work, I leave tomorrow again. Collected close to 300 mopar muscle cars, sold all my multiple carb'ed cars, down to around 12 or so now in 4 states. All parts cars and 3 or 4 good ones.   There's a lot of interesting stories in between my comments, but I'd rather just say.....

I live in Alabama and I'm in the CRS club. I live on a dead end unpaved road out in the hills and love the slow pace :2thumbs: I need to turn off my phones and change my work email address :roflsmiley:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007 - 09:05:54 AM »
I live on the outshirts of the Motor City here in Michigan.  Close enough to go to the Nats and Carlisle with a reasonable drive time!   :bananasmi   :bananasmi   :bananasmi I definitley work alot.   :pullinghair:

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007 - 09:25:58 AM »
Here's my story,

Born in 52,  lived most of my life in Sidney, OH.  Moved to Tipp City, OH 5 yrs. ago, after marrying a girl who was born as I was graduating High School.  Now I'm 54 with a 2 year old daughter, Feel a little like Merlin, living my life backwards. 

Accidently bought a 340 Cuda in the late 80's and have been hooked ever since.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007 - 09:40:09 AM »
I was born in Genoa, Nebraska but now live in New Athens, ILLinios. I went to southeast sommunity college in Nebraska for autobody tech. I worked in a couple body shops early on but they were both cheating the insurance companies and the public and I got out and never worked in a body shop for 20 years. I just did my own and work with a buddy on my cars out of his 2 car garage. I now work for a OEM supplier called Magna which makes mostly plastic related new car components including bumpers, plastic interior trim, plastic wheel flares, plastic brackets, and other related automotive items. I have been in the hobby since the early 80's as I got a divorce and decided to pursure the hobby I had always loved and started buying Muscle cars and working on them. At one time after my divorce I had 6 muscle cars and my new Harley Davidson motocycle. My x-wife couldn't figure out how she could barley afford her 1 car and I had 7 vehicles. I picked up my current 70 Cuda in 2000 and restored it in my 2 car garage in 5 years. I have owned A, B, and E body Mopar cars and think the Challenger is my favorite by far. I do have my 71 Challenger RT to drive and show along with a 70 vit-c orange Cuda parts car and a 73 Challenger rallye parts car. Both were parted out in the 80's before the hobby ever took off and I have kept them for all the small parts that are hard to find.
I try to go Mopar's At The Strip, Mopar Nationals, and Monster Mopar Weekend every year along with a few smaller mopar shows. I've never been to Carlisle but have wanted to go for years just such a long drive. I've went to Mopar Nats. every year since 1985 so I've seen some really good buys over the years. I've also been in the hobby for years and at 50 I feel very good and hope my health lets me enjoy the hobby for years to come. I hope my 14 year old son will soon start to show more interest in the hobby but at this point I really don't know as he is still a kid and loves other things.
Jeff

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007 - 09:44:05 AM »
Here's mine:

I was born in Cambrige, MA in 1968.  Last of 5 kids.  Lived in Watertown, MA most of my life.  Always loved cars.  Mechanical engineering at college didn't work out so became an auto mechanic in late 80's.  Went back for Nursing/Premed degree in '93 at University of Massachusetts.  Married in '94, kids in 1999, 2000, and 2003.  Got '72 Challenger in 2003.  Currently in Belmont, MA.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007 - 09:49:12 AM »
I was born (36yo) in Walterboro, SC (Close to Charleston), and currently live in Greer (Greenville) SC. My wife was born (37yo) in CA, and we have two kids (5 & 2yo)...oh and have currently ...4 Mopars ... plus parts
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007 - 11:43:35 AM by TreeFrog »
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007 - 10:30:11 AM »
This is great to know. It's just awsome to know that there are nice MOPAR lovers from all over the country. Like I said before we will be coming to Carlisle in July and hope to meet you folks in person. We will be staying there almost 3 weeks and plan to visit Pa, Va., Maryland, Was DC and W Va. We are planning on a Civil War vacation with Carlisle Nationals slid in for good measure.

Later,
Rare T/A

Fargo, N. Dak.

Offline kingtroll

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007 - 10:49:36 AM »
I am originally from Long Island New York. I am 46 yrs old and have been living in Miami since 76. I bought my 74 barracuda around last june. I have been married for 15 years and have 2 boys ages 9 and 11. I have always loved mopars and always have had 2 or 3 cars prior to being married. (not always mopars) I had to give up having toys like that and get my priorities straight. After buying a house and marriage and children it has finally taking me this long to get back to having my hobby car. Unfortunately I have always wanted a Cuda like the one in the original Phantasm movie (71) but those are WAY out of control priced. I found the one I bought in Ft Meyers and am very happy with this one because it's black and is very similar looking to the one in the movie . (mine is a 74) Anyways I joined this site to get info and connect with others that love mopars like myself especially Cuda's. ( I like challengers to) I would love to be able to get one more like the old days but finances may not allow me to,  south florida is an expensive place to live. I still want to finish my barracuda before I even consider getting another toy. I am hoping to get up to Carlise in July to say hi and see all those bad ass mopars. I am definately going up to the Mopar Nats in March up in Hollywood Fl.  I probably won't be taking my car up because I don't think it will be ready the way I would like by then.
1974 Barracuda

Offline DodgeFreak

• Cars and trucks are my friends..
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007 - 11:52:47 AM »
heres mine kinda short :D

Born in 87 turned 13 and i bought my 92 dakota (which is for sale :D) and i pulled it all apart and rebuilt it...first vehicle i owned and "rebuilt" took 4 years..in the process of rebuilding it i got an 87 dakota for free and put a 91 dakota engine and tranny in it with a 4bbl. then i traded it back to my cousin for a 74 Duster which i still have and am waiting on quarters to be put on.  then i bought a 72 Dodge D200 with a 440 auto beat it around for awhile then i pulled the motor to stick in a 71 Demon my uncle wanted to get rid of then i lost intrest in it because cash flow was low. then my uncle wanted to get rid of his 77 short wide truck so i'm in the process of putting the 440 auto in it with an 8 3\4 rearend which its close to being done..and i started college in august of 06 for auto tech.  and i'm tring to buy a 70s. 4X4 dodge 1\2 so it don't get sent to the crusher....OH i've for got about my 3 shadows i've owned...lol the reason for getting rid of the 87 dakota was because i was getting 7mpg and at 15 couldn't afford it. so i got a 92 Dodge shadow 2.2 automatic drove it till i found a 92 Dodge shadow 2.2 5spd. and then beat it till i blew the motor and the put another one in it and then sold it for 80 bucks (bought it for 100) then i started school and couldn't afford gas on my dakota (250 miles to drive home on some weekends) so i bought my 92 Plymouth Sundance 2.5 5spd. and am still driving it getting 30mpg. on the highway and 25-27 around town....:Dand am looking for a 98 ext. cab 1\2 ton thats cheap.....but not to worried aout finding one of them yet...just been looking...thats about it for me...oh i've started collecting parts too..alittle i don't have a big stash yet but gaining....once i'm out of college and start making some money..i'll grow...:D
74 Plymouth Duster- restoring

77 Dodge D150 shortbox- as long as i don't change my mind will be a step side dually diesel or a 383 powered truck

04 durango 4.7

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007 - 11:56:41 AM »
Born n raised in Southern California for 16 years. 15th year I bought and put together a 1969 Mustang. We moved to Virignia, took the mustang. Sold it for a 87 5.0 5speed. Only lived there about 9months. Sold it, bought my 72 Barracuda and headed to Vegas. Drove the fish daily. Bought a 71 Dart for awhile. Sold it. Bought a 74 Duster for awhile. Sold it. My Barracuda got wrecked, my Dads Challenger got overhauled the next day (ouch is right). Moved to Orlandoish Fl. Took the broken fish (in the shop) and bought a 05 Ranger for my daily commuter.  :icon16:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007 - 11:58:46 AM »
  Forty-eight and originally from Brooklyn, NY. My sister had married into the Air Force in nineteen fifty-two and moved down to Montgomery, Alabama where her husband was from so after my dad retired from his job at the end of nineteen seventy-three, i went with my parents to Montgomery in early nineteen seventy-four. Dad co-signed for my first Challenger about six months after HS graduation on 1/7/77 (hmmm thirty years since i got the Mopar bug :cheers:) and i've been into Mopars ever since.

Russ
(RusTy/SE)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007 - 05:01:42 PM by RusTy/SE »
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Confederate Cuda

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007 - 12:45:27 PM »
I am 38 and was born in Texas but grew up in Tennessee. I have lived in 8 states and am currently in Harrisburg, PA. I am rebuilding a 73 cuda which was my first car that I purchased in 1983. I live about 10 miles from Carlisle so I will be sure to see you there.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007 - 12:56:11 PM »
I am 38 and was born in Texas but grew up in Tennessee. I have lived in 8 states and am currently in Harrisburg, PA. I am rebuilding a 73 cuda which was my first car that I purchased in 1983. I live about 10 miles from Carlisle so I will be sure to see you there.

We will be staying in Etters, Pa. for about 14 days. Hope to meet you sometime while we are there.

Fargo, N. Dak.