Author Topic: Where is everyone from?  (Read 5559 times)

Offline vinb

• Resident
Re: Where is everyone from?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007 - 07:23:52 PM »
Oh, I see now. Your wearing a Cuda-Challenger.com T-Shirt........
P.S. I hope Rev is reading this , I missed out on those T-Shirts....

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007 - 11:57:38 PM »

Wellington, New Zealand. Possibly the Southern-erst member?  :icon16:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007 - 05:23:24 AM »
Born & raised in Scranton Pa. 51 years young.  Married in 1989 and moved to Clarks Summit Pa. Relocated to Summerville SC in 2002. For the weather of course. By the way ChallenHER Millersville is a great school. My brother lives in Halifax PA and his two daughters graduated from there and his son is now in his third year there also. First full time job out of high school was working for Island Auto Sales Chrysler-Plymouth from 1973 to 1975. Kind of the end of the muscle cars but still plenty of them still around.  Dragged and street raced my 67 GTX for 8 years at Island Dragway in NJ--Numedia in PA and Maple Grove in PA. then took up motocross running Yamaha and Honda's 250 cc and 465 cc.Got back into cars in 1992 and restored my present 67 GTX and found out there were no Mopar clubs in the area so I started one. I was the founder of the Pennsylvania Pentastars Mopar Club. Lots of nice Mopars in that area. Started going to Carlisle in 1993 when there were only 250 cars entered ( my how thing have grown). Now I work for Anchor Sign which is the 7th largest sign company in the US. I am the dept. head of the Graphic's Dept. I hope to make it to Carlisle this year, I have not been ther since 2002 and get to meet other members of the CC in person..
JS27
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007 - 07:04:08 AM by js27 »
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007 - 06:23:03 AM »
Are you the one wearing the hat??
It's reffered to as a "cover"  :smilielol: :smilielol:
48, living in Annapolis MD, born and raised near Johnstown, PA where i first caught the bug while still in high school so i went and bought me a 68 roadrunner 383, 4 sp. Sold it when I saw the fence posts and telephone poles passing before me in slow motion ( ummm failed to negotiate the turn at an excessive rate of speed but never hit anything and somehow managed to stay on the road)  Bougth a satellite 318 auto  after that , Moved to MD in the height of Reaganomics when the unemployment rate in PA was around 26%,   met my wife, now have a beautiful 18 year old daughter and a proud 14 year old sonwhose totally into football and started every game this last season at right tackle, 6' 205# (hopefully one of them one day will buy us a house in the Carribean someday) and recaught the bug about 2 years ago, and am currently on a 74 Cuda project that is becomming a money pit (as the Mrs. describes it) We also sponser a midshipman from the Naval Academy (gives them a place to be like a home away from home). Hence the references to "fly Navy"  :smilielol:
NEXT
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline TreeFrog

• Resident
  • Can Ya HEMI Now! If you can't dodge it Ram it!
    • TreeFrog
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007 - 08:49:10 AM »

Wellington, New Zealand. Possibly the Southern-erst member?  :icon16:

Trying to take the "Southern" Title are ya! I see how you are...
65 Satellite     361 Ruby Red Poly
72 Challenger    360 Top Banana     
73 Challenger    340 Triple Black
87 Dodge Ram     318 Blue
88 Dodge Ram     360 Grey (+)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Pewter Met.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:05:58 AM »
I see there are still some members in hiding on their locations. I cruise the parts wanted section everyday to see if I can help anyone near by with their needs and some still don't show the location. I like helping mmembers trying to fix their cars on a budget. And shipping is a big cost on a budget build.So if you just put down a general area, this may be a way of getting those hard to get and find parts you want quicker. I love short drives under 200 miles on the weekends, so some of you are missing out on deals you may like.........

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:26:48 AM »
I see there are still some members in hiding on their locations. I cruise the parts wanted section everyday to see if I can help anyone near by with their needs and some still don't show the location. I like helping mmembers trying to fix their cars on a budget. And shipping is a big cost on a budget build.So if you just put down a general area, this may be a way of getting those hard to get and find parts you want quicker. I love short drives under 200 miles on the weekends, so some of you are missing out on deals you may like.........

Al, I'd be willing to drive.  I think most would.  I'm on the lookout for an Early Barracuda(pre-67) for the misses.

Tom :bigsmile:

In MA
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007 - 08:28:51 AM »
I was born in Milwaukee, WI. Lived there as a kid, til age 12, then I was moved north to Crystal Falls, MI.
Lived there til my stint in the Air Force and it took me to Alaska. Been here since Jan 1987, soon to be relocating to Jacksonville, Florida.

Right now, I am probably one of the furthest north members on CC.com....
(I'm on the top of the world looking, down on....)  :smilielol:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline ReturnofCuda

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2007 - 10:06:03 PM »
Windsor, PA. I'm 39 years old. The first time I bought my Cuda' was the summer of 1985. Did a lot of work to it and turned around and sold it when I got married, Needed money for a house! Well this had always bothered my wife, she felt she was the reason I got rid of it. I had always kept track of where it was at in hopes some day I would be able to buy it back. I told the guy that had it if he ever wanted to sell it to please contact me. Well, he didn't and it was sold. :banghead: This guy was looking to turn it around to make some money. So, I got some cash together and was planning on seeing him on the week end because at that time I worked 2nd shift. Unknown to me, my wife was at this guy the whole week till she finally got for $1000 less than he wanted. Now this is the neat part! Friday was our anniversary, when I came home from work on Friday night my Cuda' was in the driveway with "Happy Anniversary" across the windshield and balloons all over it. My jaw was in my lap! She's pretty awesome!! :worshippy :worshippy
Doug
1973 Cuda 340, TF727, 8 3/4 3.55 posi

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007 - 06:58:28 AM »
Ok,so where in PA is Windsor?   That was so cool what your wife did for your anniversary  :wow: :clapping: :woo: So now we can expect to see you n her tearing up the streets in your "new old ride"
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:27:23 AM »
I just turned 40 today, so you know when I was born.  I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and practice law for a living.  I have enjoyed these cars since the age of three years old when I came into contact with my uncles 1970 Challenger.  since that time I have seen very few of these cars in my area.  (That's one reason I like them so, because they are few and far between.)  When my uncle died about 15 years ago, although I wanted that car, he left it as he should have to one of his sons.  If he had know that my cousin would loose the car in a title for title race he would be spinning in his grave.  I have been married for 16 years and have three sons of my own, 6, 2, 3mths.  Late start, yea I know.  My six year old is a certified Mopar nut.  He literally reads the mags after I am finished, post pictures on his wall and also as best he can writes his book reports on these cars.  I currently own a 1973 Challenger H code car being restord as a daily driver.  I hope to have pictures for you all soon.  I am also hoping to purchase a rough 1971 Cuda as my next project if the prices  don't get too far out of line.  Can't wait to see my son behind the wheel of that 73 when he's old enough.  I think of that day alot.

SRR

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:30:49 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SROBINSON4

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007 - 07:49:44 AM »
Happy Birthday as well, SROBINSON4!  :cheers:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007 - 09:17:59 AM »
HAPPY Belated Birthday!!!
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

sleepychallenger

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007 - 09:27:11 AM »
Well, I was born at Luke AFB in 1984. I was a military brat so we moved a lot. The longest that we were anywhere was Colorado Springs (8 years) so that is where I call home. I am currently stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City Florida. I got married in Sept 2005, my son was born on the 15th of Jan 2007. I have my one Dodge Challenger R/T that was my dads for 28 years and he passed it down pretty much as you have seen it. I am a logistics planner for the USAF and have been in for almost 3 years. Been a MOPAR nut most of my life. well, thats my story and im stickin to it.