Author Topic: BJ tonight  (Read 5554 times)

Alaskan_TA

Re: BJ tonight
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2007 - 10:36:23 PM »
Sure makes me appreciate not having TV.  :bigsmile:

Barry

Offline 528 Hemi Cuda

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2007 - 12:55:00 AM »
Hey Guys,
I agree 100% about way too many commercials and when ever a Mopar was just about to go through another stupid commercial or they would go to the Fantasy bid car instead.  All you hear about is how the Mopar's are King of the Muscle cars but they skip over a lot because of the commercials.  Maybe if we email the Speed channel and complain they will do better next time.  I enjoy watching the show but get frustrated sometimes because of the commercials.  We went to the show in person last year and had a blast. 
Pink Ice

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2007 - 02:18:49 AM »
Hey Guys,
I agree 100% about way too many commercials and when ever a Mopar was just about to go through another stupid commercial or they would go to the Fantasy bid car instead.  All you hear about is how the Mopar's are King of the Muscle cars but they skip over a lot because of the commercials. 

Know why?? Because the major sponsor of BJ is...... FORD!  :poopoke:

I get tired of seeing that GT500 video every few minutes!  :blah:

David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline cudabuyer

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007 - 06:07:06 AM »
I like the history of the cars - hate the commercials  :money: :money:
70 Dodge Challenger Convertible 6.1 Hemi

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007 - 07:19:53 AM »
The approaching Mopar .............. then a commercial sure seems to be too consistant to be a conincidence ? But somehow I agree.................Ford has something to do with it, or else the program director is a Mopar hater. It's an obvious situation, but Mopars are in the minority, conversly we as owners are too, so no attempt at an explanation will be made no matter how much complaining is done. Their atitude will be, "Aw, the poor lil Mopar people feel slighted?".

I've watched the show every day since it came on Wednesday night, and watched the full program last night, right on up to midnight, I actually lost track of how many Mopars were about to cross the stage when............commercial break. But, I sure would have liked to have been able to buy that blue 68 hemi Charger and the chopper the Orange County Chooper guys had on there last night, both were a super sweet pair.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2007 - 07:50:39 AM »
I saw those seat belts, they were 825.00. They had to be the ultra rare 1 of 10 Hemi Seat Belts though.

:faint:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2007 - 08:31:39 AM »
I think they make about 15% on every car (7% buyers fee and 8% sellers) plus $350 ea to get in.  These might be last years numbers.

Buyer pays 10%, seller pays 8%. Registration is $500 for the car, if you want friday it's $2K, $3K for Saturday. I think the bidders paddle is $375. I dont know what it costs to get in as a spectator, I bet it's at least $50.  Plus all the other concessions....ching ching for Craig.

No matter what, Craig Jackson is the real winner.

Seems that the E-bodies are king...especially the Cudas. Forget the one-off or celebrity cars, when it comes to true production cars, the E's rule the roost. I've never seem so many hemi-cudas for sale...yet they all brought 200K +. I think the Vitamin C 70 was a good buy.

B-J saturated the market with hemi-cudas...no wonder the $$ they brought is not what was projected...but on average they still brought good $$, just not the 7 figures that some people conjectured. I for one am glad...I'd like em to come back down to 1970-71 prices!

:cheers:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007 - 09:00:09 AM by hemi71 »

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2007 - 08:58:58 AM »
I think something is going at this auction, it seem the last three years now a car or bus (GM Future Liner) beats the previous years record by a million dollars.  $5 million for Carol Shelby's Cobra? I can't believe it, so what it was his personal car. He built a bunch of the aluminum body Cobra's that he kept in storage for years before he sold them off. Those were his cars too, and none of them are worth that kind of money. Also the Cobra sold is not all original from the 60's, it even had a automatic trans.
I believe this was a huge Ford marketing plan, to push Ford and there slumping sales and the new Shelby Mustang.
Just my 2 cents.

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2007 - 09:02:24 AM »
I think something is going at this auction, it seem the last three years now a car or bus (GM Future Liner) beats the previous years record by a million dollars.  $5 million for Carol Shelby's Cobra? I can't believe it, so what it was his personal car. He built a bunch of the aluminum body Cobra's that he kept in storage for years before he sold them off. Those were his cars too, and none of them are worth that kind of money. Also the Cobra sold is not all original from the 60's, it even had a automatic trans.
I believe this was a huge Ford marketing plan, to push Ford and there slumping sales and the new Shelby Mustang.
Just my 2 cents.

You do have a point there!  Sure was funny alll the fords were bringing record numbers, while the GM and Mopar cars were pretty level with last year, and some even less.

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2007 - 11:55:07 AM »
Nice 70 Hemi cuda clone, plum, auto, dana just closed at 72K, man you can't biuld a car for that.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2007 - 01:05:21 PM »
You do have a point there!  Sure was funny alll the fords were bringing record numbers, while the GM and Mopar cars were pretty level with last year, and some even less.

I am normally not a conspiracy type o fperson, but this does have a ring of truth to it.  Who is this Ron Pratt guy?  He sure seems to be driving up the price of FoMoCo products?  Di anyone else notice that he bought the VIN #1 2008 Shelby Mustang and even bumped his own bid in order to break last year's charity auction record?  That smells like bad fish to me... :villagers:

I can, however, see Carrol Shelby's personal SuperSnake bringing a record number.  It was only one of two he ever built. The other one he sold to Bill Cosby.  It was so fast it scared the bejeezus out of Cosby.  He returned it to Shelby for a "regular" Cobra and they guy that got it next Totalled it.  Before the bidding even started,I told my wife that it was at least a 2 million dollar car and then I sat there slack jawed while the bidding kept climbing.   I bet Carrol never dreamed his car would bring 5 million dollars one day back when he built it.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2007 - 01:37:08 PM »
I am normally not a conspiracy type o fperson, but this does have a ring of truth to it.  Who is this Ron Pratt guy?  He sure seems to be driving up the price of FoMoCo products?  Di anyone else notice that he bought the VIN #1 2008 Shelby Mustang and even bumped his own bid in order to break last year's charity auction record?  That smells like bad fish to me... :villagers:

Don't forget, in winning that auction, he also won the option of buying VIN #2.  :dupe:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2007 - 09:26:00 PM »
I'm not a big Ford fan but I do think it's time that the Boss 429's finally get their do! I always wondered what was holding them back. They are almost as rare as the Hemi and they look just as nasty in that engine bay.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Blackcuda

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2007 - 06:08:59 AM »

I can, however, see Carrol Shelby's personal SuperSnake bringing a record number.  It was only one of two he ever built. The other one he sold to Bill Cosby.  It was so fast it scared the bejeezus out of Cosby.  He returned it to Shelby for a "regular" Cobra and they guy that got it next Totalled it.  Before the bidding even started,I told my wife that it was at least a 2 million dollar car and then I sat there slack jawed while the bidding kept climbing.   I bet Carrol never dreamed his car would bring 5 million dollars one day back when he built it.
Carol Shelby had sold the Super Snake years ago, so someone made out. If it's true?
On sunday BJ sold another 66 Cobra owned by Carol Shelby also, it sold for only $140,000.
I'm sorry but I think something is going with this guy Ron Pratt, Barrett Jackson and Ford . They showed every Shelby Mustang, Cobra, Clone, you name it. Plus every commercial brake had that GT500 add.
$5 Million for that Cobra, I don't buy it.

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007 - 07:34:21 AM »
 :dunno: Perhaps Ford Motor Co. was subsisidizing the "sale" bids on some of these high dollar cars such as the supersnake, good tv coverage and next month's magazine covers will be great publicity. And...............Dodge is about to bring out a competitive car for their Mustang in the new Challenger ????????????  I don't consider myself as one to be skeptical but 5 Mil. ? And how do you consider the Cobra an American car? It had an English body, at best it is a "half breed"  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger